Kobe to Jordan: "Just remember who you're talking to..."

premier58

All Star
Daps
not sure I've ever heard any of this....but Eddie Jones supposedly used to give Kobe that work while hooping in a Philly playground near Temple U....so what are we really saying here?
Youve never the Stack/MJ UNC Summer i one on one? Or John Lucas staging one on one games between Stack and Kobe when Kobe was still in HS? Dan Lebetard even asked Stack about it on his show. Never heard the Eddie Jones thing. Enlighten me. What Im saying is that being a superior basketball player in a traditional 5 on 5 doesnt always translate to 1 on 1. Mike Finley beat MJ 1 on1 also. So who knows who would win one on one.

filial_piety

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I95S
Youve never the Stack/MJ UNC Summer i one on one? Or John Lucas staging one on one games between Stack and Kobe when Kobe was still in HS? Dan Lebetard even asked Stack about it on his show. Never heard the Eddie Jones thing. Enlighten me. What Im saying is that being a superior basketball player in a traditional 5 on 5 doesnt always translate to 1 on 1. Mike Finley beat MJ 1 on1 also. So who knows who would win one on one.
nah I never heard of the stak/MJ battle personally...but as for the Kobe/EJones 1 on 1s....I was living in Philly back then, and it was just known (word of mouth) that when Kobe was at Lower Merion HS, he used to come to Temple and play Eddie Jones in the early 90s at Temple U...I think the timelines add up because Kobe graduated in 95/96 I believe...and EJ came into the league around 94/95...supposedly...again just rumors...that Eddie Jones gave him the business...but that's just rumors though...Kobe would have been in that 15-17 range and he was the top HS player in the nation...and EJ was at at Temple and probably somewhere in that 18-20 range....john Cheney was Temple's HC back then...so I'd imagine Kobe came there a few times as a possible recruit...where he probably met EJ...shyt talked, played 1 on 1 and hung out with him

. I agree with what you're saying about 1 on 1 versus a 5 on 5 player

Last edited:

DrexlersFade

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
ajxii-game-01-t.jpg

Bruh....tell me kobe didnt ruffle his socks the same way as MJ too :dead:

cslcd7gaacoh9gxdoy6x.jpg

Bootleg MJ to a T. Lookin like ankle weights underneath them socks

I can't

He even got on the same kicks:mjlol:

fukk is Bean wearing gray kicks for:russ:

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:mjlol:

They had no problems sweeping Shaq & Penny on a 60 win Magic squad. The Bulls had Jordan, Pippen, and Rodman. That's 3 of the best defenders ever. They never had issues with bigs because they knew how to help while still locking down the shooters.

let me reiterate kobe's actual point. it wasnt about teams it was about individuals 1 v 1.

but back to what you're talking about. you do realize Prime shaq was better than orlando shaq right? You do realize as cold as penny was, prime kobe was better right?

Daps
People keep saying how would they handle Shaq?
They had no problem with Shaq in the 90s when they swept his Magic team
They would just swarm the hell out of Shaq and then recover back on the shooters when Shaq inevitably kicks the ball out
Kobe is an unknown as you never really know but I assume they would try to make him take as many poor shots as possible and push him to an inefficient game

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
nah I never heard of the stak/MJ battle personally...but as for the Kobe/EJones 1 on 1s....I was living in Philly back then, and it was just known (word of mouth) that when Kobe was at Lower Merion HS, he used to come to Temple and play Eddie Jones in the early 90s at Temple U...I think the timelines add up because Kobe graduated in 95/96 I believe...and EJ came into the league around 94/95...supposedly...again just rumors...that Eddie Jones gave him the business...but that's just rumors though...Kobe would have been in that 15-17 range and he was the top HS player in the nation...and EJ was at at Temple and probably somewhere in that 18-20 range....john Cheney was Temple's HC back then...so I'd imagine Kobe came there a few times as a possible recruit...where he probably met EJ...shyt talked, played 1 on 1 and hung out with him

. I agree with what you're saying about 1 on 1 versus a 5 on 5 player
he wasnt top HS player in the nation at that time. but eddie jones was an allstar . there's a reason kobe had to sit behind him unlike a lot of young up and coming stars that dont have to wait to play because they go to trash teams and the gm makes sure to move the vet in front of them before they get there so there will be no issues. that didnt happen for kobe on the lakers. and EJ was that good. EJ just would go soft vs certain matchups. i mean everyone has that bad matchup but he would literally disappear at times. it didnt make sense.

So i would assume EJ would wear out a 14 to 16 year old kobe because EJ could and would play real defense.

a lot of star players are all offensive guys so if they meet their match offense wise. they're cooked if the other guy actually plays defense too.

• Dap
Reactions: ade

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
People keep saying how would they handle Shaq?
They had no problem with Shaq in the 90s when they swept his Magic team
They would just swarm the hell out of Shaq and then recover back on the shooters when Shaq inevitably kicks the ball out
Kobe is an unknown as you never really know but I assume they would try to make him take as many poor shots as possible and push him to an inefficient game
stop saying this. Shaq in the 90s on the magic did not have the same level footwork he had in los angeles. and shaq got Bigger and even stronger in L.A. in his prime. they would not be able to handle him period.

Bledswole

Slappin and clowning chumps for fun.
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Pip and Mike couldnt guard Grant Hill and Penny, what makes you think they could limit Kobe?

Who said guard him? I said inefficient,he’d still get numbers but it would’ve costed the team and he would’ve had horrible shooting percentages