Kobe to Jordan: "Just remember who you're talking to..."

NoHalfWay

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Aren't they the ones that sent Shaq packing west?
‘96 Bulls with Rodman were a different beast.

And Shaq in ‘96 isn’t early 2000’s Shaq. This isn’t to say the first 3 peat Bulls couldn’t beat the Lakers, but they had nothing for Hakeem & they woulda had nothing for prime Shaq

Daps
stop saying this. Shaq in the 90s on the magic did not have the same level footwork he had in los angeles. and shaq got Bigger and even stronger in L.A. in his prime. they would not be able to handle him period.
Early 2000s Shaq was unstoppable no doubt but I'm saying the Bulls would focus on getting it out of his hands and focus on Kobe jacking as many shots on as many ISOs as possible as they have 2 defenders in MJ and Pippen to throw at Kobe (along w/ others) while Kobe would mainly be guarding MJ

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Y’all disrespect Kobe and exaggerate Jordan/Pippen to insane levels. :aicmon:

Kobe and MJ are about as even as any two players in the history of Basketball. Kobe is virtually a clone of dude with better handles. They would pretty much cancel each other out. Prime MJ is gonna get his and there is nothing anybody on the Lakers can do to stop it. Prime Kobe is gonna get his and there is nothing anyone on the Bulls can do to stop it.

Daps
Check out from the 27:55 mark to around the 29 minute mark:

:wow: Who else can talk to MJ like that and get away with it?

I wish we could see a one on one talk between Jordan and Kobe. shyt would be legendary.

One one prime for prime? Prolly Jordan.

When they were actually thinking about doing it? Kobe wouldve slaughtered him. This was when kobe was just coming up and jordan was coming down.

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Y’all disrespect Kobe and exaggerate Jordan/Pippen to insane levels. :aicmon:

Kobe and MJ are about as even as any two players in the history of Basketball. Kobe is virtually a clone of dude with better handles. They would pretty much cancel each other out. Prime MJ is gonna get his and there is nothing anybody on the Lakers can do to stop it. Prime Kobe is gonna get his and there is nothing anyone on the Bulls can do to stop it.

No. MJ is more athletic, more explosive, creates space better, is stronger, has better shot selection, is a better finisher, and is straight up better at everything other threes.

I’ll give you a better handle too, not that it matters. MJ was still better at creating separation to get his shot off and harder to guard.

Reece

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
91 Jordan vs. 2005 Kobe would be pay per view tv :banderas: I actually think Kobe would surprise people. Kobe played against high quality perimeter players. LeBron. Wade. AI. Melo. TMac. Pierce. Arenas. Westbrook. Harden. Jordan competition wasn’t bad but a little bit lower in quality...Penny, Grant Hill, Clyde, Reggie, Isiah & Joe Dumars, Payton and Bird/Magic for a few years. Kobe would be the 2nd best player by far in Jordan’s era.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
91 Jordan vs. 2005 Kobe would be pay per view tv :banderas: I actually think Kobe would surprise people. Kobe played against high quality perimeter players. LeBron. Wade. AI. Melo. TMac. Pierce. Arenas. Westbrook. Harden. Jordan competition wasn’t bad but a little bit lower in quality...Penny, Grant Hill, Clyde, Reggie, Isiah & Joe Dumars, Payton and Bird/Magic for a few years. Kobe would be the 2nd best player by far in Jordan’s era.

youre piecing together two different eras.

with that said:
I rank Isiah slightly ahead of kobe
prime penny >>> kobe
prime grant hill was up there as well.

Mʀ2ᴋDᴇᴇᴢ

Licensed New Age Healer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Midwest
ajxii-game-01-t.jpg

Bruh....tell me kobe didnt ruffle his socks the same way as MJ too :dead:

cslcd7gaacoh9gxdoy6x.jpg

Bootleg MJ to a T. Lookin like ankle weights underneath them socks

I can't
:dead:

he tried...gotta count for something:russ:

Black Miller

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Columbia, SC via Niagara Falls, NY
I watched this interview yesterday. Very dope interview, I was against bean most of his career but I can appreciate watching him. I hated him but I had to respect him. Son was nasty and really no had no offensive weaknesses, maybe some bad shot selection at certain points. But there literally is nothing you can force him into on the court that would make him uncomfortable with the ball in his hands.

As much as he shot, he was an underrated passer and could do that but the team he was on the triangle really don't allow for crazy assist numbers.

It's fun to watch him relax and enjoy his life after all he gave to the game. And see him talk his stuff, love hearing them behind the scenes stories. I gotta peep that q and darius miles interview with him too.

Only thing I ask mamba to do is re release them kobe 9s gray joints so I can get them and he good in my book

Stack and Barnes got something special with this podcast though. Great interviews

Maximus

All Star
Daps
2003 Kobe was the most skilled player ever. There isn't a player in NBA History that can beat him in a one-on-one matchup, which is where he's most dangerous. Like Mike stans are delusional.