Kobe to Jordan: "Just remember who you're talking to..."

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
2003 Kobe was the most skilled player ever. There isn't a player in NBA History that can beat him in a one-on-one matchup, which is where he's most dangerous. Like Mike stans are delusional.
right...who's stopping a machine who's dropping 40's and 50's then to top off the milkshape with whip cream, he gives you a 70 and change and an 80 pointer. you aint stopping that period. thats super saiyan kobe. pink diamond kobe. If my memory servers me correct, this is pre finger injuries. that means the touch is there too.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
:mjlol:

They had no problems sweeping Shaq & Penny on a 60 win Magic squad. The Bulls had Jordan, Pippen, and Rodman. That's 3 of the best defenders ever. They never had issues with bigs because they knew how to help while still locking down the shooters.
You're distorting history. They swept the Magic that year because they had Rodman AND because everyone on the Magic got hurt. The team they were playing was NOT the 60-win Magic squad from the regular season or the squad that kicked them out of the postseason the previous year, they were a complete wreck.

"the only question was whether the Magic would be eliminated before all the members of Shaq and Penny's supporting cast were wearing supporting casts. Power forward Horace Grant had one on his left arm, thanks to a hyper-extended elbow suffered in Game 1 that sidelined him for the rest of the series, and guard Nick Anderson left the O-rena after Game 3 with one on his right wrist, badly sprained in a fourth quarter fall.

Jon Koncak, who took Grant's place in the starting lineup, played in Game 3 after a cortisone shot helped dull the pain in his left knee--if only temporarily. Guard Brian Shaw was scratched from Game 3 after he woke up with neck spasms. "When things like that happen," Hardaway said, you can't help thinking it wasn't meant to be.

It got so bad for the Magic that even Chicago couldn't help but feel a touch of sympathy. "When I shook hands with Brian Hill before the game I asked what next could go wrong for his basketball team," Bulls coach Phil Jackson said after Game 3. "I guess he found out today." "

GORED BY THE BULLS ORLANDO NOT ONLY GOT SWEPT BY CHICAGO IN THE EASTERN CONFERENCE FINALS BUT ALSO FOUND ITSELF ON THE HORNS OF A DILEMMA ABOUT ITS FUTURE

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
2003 Kobe was the most skilled player ever. There isn't a player in NBA History that can beat him in a one-on-one matchup, which is where he's most dangerous. Like Mike stans are delusional.
This is something people need to realize about 91' Bulls vs. 03' Lakers, nobody is stopping prime Shaq. I know Shaq is goofy on t.v and does :mjpls: things but people really forget how good prime Shaq was, like a steroid tanked version of Giannis

I love how the Lakers supposedly had basically the two greatest players in history that year as well as one of the greatest coaches of all time......and yet went out 110-82 in the WCSF to a team consisting of Tim Duncan, a 20yo french midget who wasn't even all-star level yet, and a bunch of role players. Spurs weren't even deep that year, they only had 3 guys averaging more than 10ppg and basically played a 7-man rotation.

Some of y'all gotta explain how a team of Tim Duncan and some role players KILLED supposedly the two most unstoppable players in history, especially the way y'all talk like Duncan wasn't in either of their league.

And all this shyt about Shaq being unstoppable....he was incredibly dominant but it always needs to be remembered that 2000 Shaq would have lost to Portland if Sabonis and Grant weren't called for a bunch of touch fouls in Game 7, 2002 Shaq would have lost to Sacramento if the refs didn't openly throw Game 6, 2003 Shaq DID lose to the Spurs, and 2004 Shaq DID lose to the Pistons. And in those series he was guarded by old broken Sabonis, 6'9" 215lb Brian Grant, skinny-ass Vlade, Scott Pollard, 37yo Robinson, Duncan, and 6'7" Ben Wallace. So obviously the array of guys who can keep prime Shaq under control is broader than y'all claiming. (Unless you want to say that Shaq would have dominated if Kobe didn't shoot them out....which is only true for some of those matchups.)

VegetasHairline

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
CACS
It's 2020, can we finally get a fukking stan wars thread like there was on SOHH for this shyt? Y'all have the same fukking arguments over and over. The only difference is the name of the thread title.
:unimpressed:

Daps
how are they going to get the ball out of shaqs hands? doublling. fine. get lit by big shot bob, fox, or fisher. like i said in other threads that version of derek fisher IN THE PLAYOFFS was WET from 3. the dude would turn into steve kerr/craig hodges in the playoffs and wouldnt miss. then you had super clutch horry. and ready when you needed him rick. people forget, rick was a 20ppg scorer on boston before he became a laker. he wasnt no run of the mill roll player either.
when shaq gets the ball, they will double/swarm the shyt out of him
once they pass it around trying to break down the defense, who is getting the ball
with the shot clock winding down?
oh of course kobe
they won't double him and will bait him to take a difficult long 2 that you know he won't mind taking

Last edited:

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
when shaq gets the ball, they will double/swarm the shyt out of him
once they pass it around trying to break down the defense, who is getting the ball
with the shot clock winding down?
oh of course kobe
they won't double him and will bait him to take a difficult long 2 that you know he won't mind taking
no its not of course kobe. you must not remember those teams. i'll say it again. Big Shot Bob, playoff fisher that shot close to 60% from 3, and fox. the same dudes who got the kick out passes outside of kobe in real life. no difference even if playing MJ and the band. and doubling doesnt mean shaq will pass it either. did yall forget shaq was dunking on 2 people while both were hanging on his body as he hung from the rim for the AND 1? this use to happen a lot. other helping teammates would get quick fouls doubling down with shaq powering thru that weak strip attempt. this aint pau gasol getting doubled and stripped. this is shaq in his prime.

Daps
no its not of course kobe. you must not remember those teams. i'll say it again. Big Shot Bob, playoff fisher that shot close to 60% from 3, and fox. the same dudes who got the kick out passes outside of kobe in real life. no difference even if playing MJ and the band. and doubling doesnt mean shaq will pass it either. did yall forget shaq was dunking on 2 people while both were hanging on his body as he hung from the rim for the AND 1? this use to happen a lot. other helping teammates would get quick fouls doubling down with shaq powering thru that weak strip attempt. this aint pau gasol getting doubled and stripped. this is shaq in his prime.
all I know is it would be an all out war
shaq> pippen (obviously)
mj > kobe (but the gap isn't great)
it would be up to mj or shaq to make the difference

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I love how the Lakers supposedly had basically the two greatest players in history that year as well as one of the greatest coaches of all time......and yet went out 110-82 in the WCSF to a team consisting of Tim Duncan, a 20yo french midget who wasn't even all-star level yet, and a bunch of role players. Spurs weren't even deep that year, they only had 3 guys averaging more than 10ppg and basically played a 7-man rotation.

Some of y'all gotta explain how a team of Tim Duncan and some role players KILLED supposedly the two most unstoppable players in history, especially the way y'all talk like Duncan wasn't in either of their league.

And all this shyt about Shaq being unstoppable....he was incredibly dominant but it always needs to be remembered that 2000 Shaq would have lost to Portland if Sabonis and Grant weren't called for a bunch of touch fouls in Game 7, 2002 Shaq would have lost to Sacramento if the refs didn't openly throw Game 6, 2003 Shaq DID lose to the Spurs, and 2004 Shaq DID lose to the Pistons. And in those series he was guarded by old broken Sabonis, 6'9" 215lb Brian Grant, skinny-ass Vlade, Scott Pollard, 37yo Robinson, Duncan, and 6'7" Ben Wallace. So obviously the array of guys who can keep prime Shaq under control is broader than y'all claiming. (Unless you want to say that Shaq would have dominated if Kobe didn't shoot them out....which is only true for some of those matchups.)

Results in games don't always correlate to talent. 2007 Patriots were arguably the best team ever in the NFL and lost the Super Bowl to a 10-6 Giants team. I know your retort will be 1 game ain't the same as a 7 game series. True. But 1 game can change the direction of a series. And in Game 5 that year at San Antonio Robert Horry missed a 3 that would have given the Lakers 3-2 series lead. And it wasn't a bad miss. The ball was halfway in before it rimmed out.

Winning 4 straight titles is hard. So eventhough Shaq and Kobe were the best duo ever, shyt happens when you make that many consecutive playoff drives. 2003 was just a year where the breaks went against them despite Kobe being at his peak.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
There is no version of Kobe that's fukking with MJ, unless we talking about past his prime MJ on the Wizards

nikkas need to relax...Kobe is great all on his own

'03 and '06 Kobe would annihilate every version of Jordan outside of '90-'93. '91 Jordan is better than any version of Kobe but only slightly.

Jordan is the best ever. But Kobe is right behind him. The gap is small.

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

when shaq would play the spurs. the refs would help the spurs out. this started back in the Drob days. they rarely if ever allowed shaq to dominant the admiral and timmy together. even if in reality thats exactly what he was doing. I recall a few games where shaq started off just moving both of these dudes that were doubling him. i'm looking like this dude is actually punking the great drob and the great timmy. this is insane to see. sure i was a laker fan. but i was a fan of drob and timmy from wakeforest. i hated the spurs, but not really. only due to the rivalry. i always liked T.parker, and Gino. i hated bowen though. da... hack. lol . and i liked coach Pop. But shaq would punk them to no end. and then pop would cry and cry to the media. next thing you know. whistle fest. Charge...on shaq foul. charge...shaq foul. early. shaq has to sit super early and now he's cold on the bench. they would do this to him in a ton of spurs matchups. this is why they were able to play close games with the lakers and actually beat them.

but another thing is this. tim was a center playing pf. so shaq wasnt going to guard him because timmy was mobile even though he wasnt fast. he was very mobile. which to the refs would mean if shaq even played him well moving his feet would probably get him some crappy fouls. so they wouldnt match them up for most of the game. this means shaq gets to school who ever we left out there to get roasted(old man Ho Grant) and then Horry who was more of a stretch 4 than a real Power...Forward(to thin).

its the same reason sac gave us hell. Cwebb was basically shaqing anyone we had at PF. because the lakers never had a dominant true POWER forward since i've been alive. aside from the one year with karl malone(past his prime version.)

we always had great centers but not great PF's per se. James worthy use to play some PF, but he was really a SF with a mean post game. not the same.

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
'03 and '06 Kobe annihilate every version of Jordan outside of '90-'93. '91 Jordan is better than any version of Kobe but only slightly.

Jordan is the best ever. But Kobe is right behind him. The gap is small.
91 is not better than the string of 40's, 50's, the 70+ game and the 80's game. there is no perimeter player as of yet better than that. you can't be.

see is crazy to see what mike was doing dropping them 50's, and 60's. but to drop 70s and hit the bench early, could've had 80+ that night. then to come back and drop 80+ is insane.

people forget when kobe dropped 70, and 80. in the post game he didnt even look tired. like a person who just scored darn near 100 pts. mj would go off for 60 and look like it. he would look like he gave every single ounce he had out there on the floor. which is why we had to love him or at worse respect that man. he gave it all. kobe was breathing like it was another 35 point night. i'm like this guy is just built different. thats some DNA level energy and wind. similar to mike having the super sized hands. thats just dna. aint no training for that.

Illeye buckmatic

I Don't Stunt I Regulate
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Buckeye State Of Mind
MJ says otherwise and has said it was kobe multiple times. so cut it out.
There is no debate between MJ and Kobe:mjlol: Kobe himself would tell you that. The closest is KAJ and he doesn't have much of an argument either. That's the problem with delusional stans. You could say Kobe is a top 10 goat and some of y'all would take that as an insult:snoop: Sit cho ass down:camby:

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
all I know is it would be an all out war
shaq> pippen (obviously)
mj > kobe (but the gap isn't great)
it would be up to mj or shaq to make the difference
no. it would be up to shaq, kobe or mj to make the difference. not that pip wasnt cold, he was. but still.

people just dont get it. prime 80 pt kobe was unstoppable and could lock you up if need be. what i'm saying is this. Jordan could score 50 on kobe, and probably do so shooting a lower fg% than his normal average at his best vs kb. But kb could still drop (in his prime in super saiyan kobe mode)65 with a 48% fg.

jordan and kobe were scorers scorers. but kobe is the height of perimeter scorers. there's a reason jordan never dropped 80. lets not act like he never tried. he did. he just couldnt do it. probably ran out of gas. as most people would.