Kobe Bryant Studying Paul Pierce's Game, Hoping to Be More Efficient

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
so you blaming Jordan for having a high enough iq to take easier instead of bad shots? :mjlol:

That's not what that post said:dwillhuh:

It said Kobe has taken more 3 point shot attempts than Jordan has, over their careers, and that's why his FG% looks much worse than Jordan's even though they have similar efficiency on scoring:ufdup:

Shooting 5 3's and making 2 of them give you 6 points on 40% FG...even though 40% is a great percentage for 3's, it's a low overall field goal number.

Looking at their stats WITHOUT 3pt attempts included, Jordan shot 51% FG for his career and Kobe shoots 48% FG for his career. A small difference of only 3%:mjpls:

Jordan made 51 of every 100 shots he took inside the 3pt line.....Kobe made 48 of every 100 shots he took inside the 3 point line.:sas2:

Player A shooting 4-10 from the 3pt line with no shots inside the 3pt line and a 40% FG is more efficient than Player B going 5-10 from the field with no 3's attempted and a 50% FG:yeshrug:

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
NULL
so you blaming Jordan for having a high enough iq to take easier instead of bad shots? :mjlol:

no. its simple analytics. taking more 3s, regardless of shooting % leads to more points scored and more wins. thats why so many teams are shooting so many more 3s today than before.

in the end, kobe and jordan were nearly IDENTICAL in terms of scoring efficiency. about 1.3 points per shot attempt. that was my only point.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
If anything, Piru P should be looking at Bean (pre-ACL of course)
I don't get this. It's as if you're offended that Kobe is wise enough to emulate parts of his game from another player

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:russ:

I know some KOBE stans personally who have real hatred for Paul "Truth" Pierce

Can't wait to link them to this article and ask them for their opinion. On some, "Let's talk about it..." steez

:sas1:

daboywonder2002

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
minnesota
I'll help you

Kobe’s focus these days is on efficiency. Over the summer he’s trained nearly every day, either at the Lakers’ facility or at a gym near his house in Orange County. Sometimes he’ll have a partner join him for drills– often 27-year-old Lakers small forward Wesley Johnson. In these instances Bryant takes on a mentoring role, pointing out Johnson’s wasted steps and where he can be more effective. Other times Bryant works out by himself, except for two ball boys, shooting and sweating for up to two hours, never talking. His goal is to regain his conditioning—after adding some body fat earlier in the year, he now looks almost frail with his shirt off. The end goal, of course, is to evolve. “I’ll be sharper,” he says. “Much sharper. Much more efficient in areas. I’ll be limited in terms of what you see me do, versus a couple years ago. But very, very methodical, very, very purposeful.”

man just reading this shows me kobe needs to be a coach. dude knows the fundamentals,xs and os. not sure about his motivational speeches. but kobe is another player i really believe could make the jump from player to coach.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
tumblr_me8j3est6g1qcmnsoo1_r1_400.gif

:pachaha:
:laff: that nikka whole body got shook cot damn

madness

Taking my talents to South Beach
Daps
Reppin
City of Zoes
man just reading this shows me kobe needs to be a coach. dude knows the fundamentals,xs and os. not sure about his motivational speeches. but kobe is another player i really believe could make the jump from player to coach.
he wouldn't last a week as a coach. he'd say some slick shyt to his players and get pj carlesimo'ed

daboywonder2002

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
minnesota
he wouldn't last a week as a coach. he'd say some slick shyt to his players and get pj carlesimo'ed

i dont know man. some players need a coach like that. who knows kobe could be the exact opposite of what ur thinking .bird was known as a trash talker but was a great coach.

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i dont know man. some players need a coach like that. who knows kobe could be the exact opposite of what ur thinking .bird was known as a trash talker but was a great coach.

Bird is the exception to the rule and in all honesty he was carried by Carlisle and co. and a veteran Pacers squad that had been through the wars. Guys like Kobe, Magic, Jordan etc. generally struggle to relate to inferior players and 99.9% of the players they run into will be inferior.