Kobe Bryant Studying Paul Pierce's Game, Hoping to Be More Efficient

Daps
Reppin
NULL
5y54y54hajy8.gif

so when i show you that kobe's SCORING efficiency is nearly identical to Jordan, you come back with a made-up that no one really knows how to calculate that was created by some math nerd for the sole purpose of having Michael Jordan at #1.

like i said keep reaching for straw man arguments. we were was about efficiency in terms of scoring. not PER which is simply an all-in-one box score stat created by John Hollinger a decade or so ago. when people talk about efficiency they are talking about how many shots it takes you to score. not overall accumulation of stats like steals and blocks.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The excuses

mjlolhjuci3mkkr.gif
mjlolhjuci3mkkr.gif

actually he's right but for the wrong reason. its irrelvelant because it has nothing to do with "efficiency" as discussed by most people and as most people thought when reading this thread.

PER is a made-up all-in-one box score metric created by John Hollinger. our debate was not about who can put up the most points, rebs, assists, steals and blocks with the least turnovers in the fewest minutes, which is what PER measures. when most people talk efficiency they simply mean how efficienctly do you score points. how many shots it takes you to score the same number of points as the next guy. that is the efficiency we are talking about.

once again stop changing the subject with straw man arguments when u get schooled.

Last edited:

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
I don't get this. It's as if you're offended that Kobe is wise enough to emulate parts of his game from another player

Not at all, I just think Kobe as it is handles the old man game well, like he does at times what Paul does already plus a bit more. And Im not Kobe Stan just saying it

Bilz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
so when i show you that kobe's SCORING efficiency is nearly identical to Jordan, you come back with a made-up that no one really knows how to calculate that was created by some math nerd for the sole purpose of having Michael Jordan at #1.

like i said keep reaching for straw man arguments. we were was about efficiency in terms of scoring. not PER which is simply an all-in-one box score stat created by John Hollinger a decade or so ago. when people talk about efficiency they are talking about how many shots it takes you to score. not overall accumulation of stats like steals and blocks.

We get it, PER leaves out the important stats like times outscoring a team through 3 quarters, allstar game mvps, seasons played with Smush Parker, and it has no multiplier for shot attempt difficulty. I'm sure he'll add those stats in eventually so Kobe can finally be recognized ahead of the players who were better than him.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
We get it, PER leaves out the important stats like times outscoring a team through 3 quarters, allstar game mvps, seasons played with Smush Parker, and it has no multiplier for shot attempt difficulty. I'm sure he'll add those stats in eventually so Kobe can finally be recognized ahead of the players who were better than him.

I don't have a problem with PER. To me its like that new QBR stat ESPN promotes. its interesting and decent as a conversation piece. however, it has nothing to do with this thread. this thread was about scoring efficiency. or at least that is what @Malta was referring to in his post. however, once I exposed that argument, he changes the subject.

Kobe is Jordan's equal in terms of scoring efficinecy. We can discuss who gets more rebs, asts, stls, and blocks in another thread.

GoddamnyamanProf

Countdown to Armageddon
Daps
Kobe is Jordan's equal in terms of scoring efficinecy. We can discuss who gets more rebs, asts, stls, and blocks in another thread.
Actually Jordan is quite clearly superior in all of the above. Hence him being the GOAT and Kobe just barely cracking top 20 all time, both in PER numbers and overall career ranking.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Actually Jordan is quite clearly superior in all of the above. Hence him being the GOAT and Kobe just barely cracking top 20 all time, both in PER numbers and overall career ranking.

1.316 points per shot attempt vs. 1.300 points per shot attempt.

I would say scoring efficiency is identical. rebs and assts are also similar if you take out Kobe's first 2 years when he was on the bench. only real separation is steals/blocks and the fact Jordan scored more PPG because he attempted nearly 3 more shots per game than Kobe (22.9 shots per game vs. 19.6 shots per game) over his career.

just like I don't throw out every stat for QBR, I won't throw out every stat in basketball for PER. its just another number.

Bilz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
I don't have a problem with PER. To me its like that new QBR stat ESPN promotes. its interesting and decent as a conversation piece. however, it has nothing to do with this thread. this thread was about scoring efficiency. or at least that is what @Malta was referring to in his post. however, once I exposed that argument, he changes the subject.

The stupid stat you're using to say they're equal shows Jordan was better. It also puts a ton of other players way ahead of Kobe in regards to efficiency. Wade is 1.37, Pierce is 1.36, LeBron is 1.38, etc. Just stop.

GoddamnyamanProf

Countdown to Armageddon
Daps
1.316 points per shot attempt vs. 1.300 points per shot attempt.

I would say scoring efficiency is identical. rebs and assts are also similar if you take out Kobe's first 2 years when he was on the bench. only real separation is steals/blocks and the fact Jordan scored more PPG because he attempted nearly 3 more shots per game than Kobe (22.9 shots per game vs. 19.6 shots per game) over his career.

just like I don't throw out every stat for QBR, I won't throw out every stat in basketball for PER. its just another number.
Yup add all that up along with things like 6 finals mvp's to 2, not playing with the MDE, never losing in the finals and never being body slammed by Raja Bell and you get MJ at #1 and Kobe at around #20.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
The stupid stat you're using to say they're equal shows Jordan was better. It also puts a ton of other players way ahead of Kobe in regards to efficiency. Wade is 1.37, Pierce is 1.36, LeBron is 1.38, etc. Just stop.

then they're more efficient than jordan too. 1.316 point per shot attempt.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yup add all that up along with things like 6 finals mvp's to 2, not playing with the MDE, never losing in the finals and never being body slammed by Raja Bell and you get MJ at #1 and Kobe at around #20.

i judge players based on at i see. from what i've seen, BASED ON ABILITY (not production or resume), Kobe is Jordan's equal. he's also the second best i've ever seen (after prime Shaq).