Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
Chicago - SouthSide - Wild 100s
The new data capture mode customizable as hell, they gave the fandom too much power

asdkzt1lwdd41.png

Hyperion

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Land of The North
Lol at thinking this. KH3 sold the best out of the series and Square has added 2 more Kingdom hearts team to the already existing teams which means they now have 4 different teams working on different kingdom hearts projects

I understand the casuals fell out of love with Kingdom hearts and thats fine. The hardcore kingdom hearts fanbase is strong enough for this series to continue on. And that's exactly who this dlc is targeted to. Hell there wasn't a single disney world/character showcased in the promo for this dlc outside of M/D/G. This is clearly for the fans.

People say Kingdom hearts is dead when this is a franchise with a strong enough fanbase that they are pumping out yearly orchestra concerts, How in the hell does that sound like a dead series?

It's far from a dead series. Other than Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest, I'm pretty sure it's Kingdom Hearts that's also keeping the lights on over at Square.

I doubt the next title is going to do KH3 numbers originally, because of just how long people have waited for it. But the game won't flop either, especially with Yozora being introduced and all that. There's some fans that don't dig where the story's heading, but that's how it goes sometimes.

This is a fanbase that handled the drought from 2012-2016 (when Kingdom Hearts X (Chi) came out). You had the HD ReMixes because North America finally got the Final Mixes, but for new content... We were waiting for a really long time. 2017 I think is when KH 2.8 came out, and then early 2019 for KH3. So we've been through worse.

Nomura also said that the next game is coming "surprisingly soon" so it might not be that long of a wait anymore. Plus we would've gotten KH3 earlier if Square used Unreal Engine from the jump.

Just watched a play through. Don't understand fukk all..Time travel, hearts and shyt. All i know is shyt never works out for these guys :francis:

Basically, Sora has to jump through hearts (via the Power of Waking) in order to not mess up the timeline even further. So he's sent back in time, but nothing's actually changed. He's just seeing things from a different perspective now, which is what we're seeing in the new DLC. The goal is for him to somehow reach Kairi before the end of KH3 happens -- when he leaves to go save Kairi, after Xehanort is defeated.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
It's far from a dead series. Other than Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest, I'm pretty sure it's Kingdom Hearts that's also keeping the lights on over at Square.

I doubt the next title is going to do KH3 numbers originally, because of just how long people have waited for it. But the game won't flop either, especially with Yozora being introduced and all that. There's some fans that don't dig where the story's heading, but that's how it goes sometimes.

This is a fanbase that handled the drought from 2012-2016 (when Kingdom Hearts X (Chi) came out). You had the HD ReMixes because North America finally got the Final Mixes, but for new content... We were waiting for a really long time. 2017 I think is when KH 2.8 came out, and then early 2019 for KH3. So we've been through worse.

Nomura also said that the next game is coming "surprisingly soon" so it might not be that long of a wait anymore. Plus we would've gotten KH3 earlier if Square used Unreal Engine from the jump.

Basically, Sora has to jump through hearts (via the Power of Waking) in order to not mess up the timeline even further. So he's sent back in time, but nothing's actually changed. He's just seeing things from a different perspective now, which is what we're seeing in the new DLC. The goal is for him to somehow reach Kairi before the end of KH3 happens -- when he leaves to go save Kairi, after Xehanort is defeated.

Nomura is on dust:dwillhuh::why::heh:

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm

The new game announced is “Project Xehanort” coming to mobile in Spring 2020 announced this past Thursday. Unless he was referring to a different one instead.

Hyperion

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Land of The North
The new game announced is “Project Xehanort” coming to mobile in Spring 2020 announced this past Thursday. Unless he was referring to a different one instead.

That's the question of the hour right now, because he said a game was coming "surprisingly soon" and given the timing, it'd fit. But I do think they've been working on some other things for a while, so who knows. I'm thinking it's Project Xehanort though.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
That's the question of the hour right now, because he said a game was coming "surprisingly soon" and given the timing, it'd fit. But I do think they've been working on some other things for a while, so who knows. I'm thinking it's Project Xehanort though.

Supposedly they have 2 separate teams working on KH projects, but I feel like they are spreading themselves too thin. Especially considering Re:Mind mainly consists of content that should have been in the base game had they delayed the game for another year.

I don’t even really consider the modes as new content as it’s still the same game as before with just a different way to play.

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
Supposedly they have 2 separate teams working on KH projects, but I feel like they are spreading themselves too thin. Especially considering Re:Mind mainly consists of content that should have been in the base game had they delayed the game for another year.

I don’t even really consider the modes as new content as it’s still the same game as before with just a different way to play.
they have a lot going on. the ff7 remake and now the 2 other games.
It does worry me a bit because it seems like they need to get rid of one thing.
get rid of that mobile game :mjgrin:

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
they have a lot going on. the ff7 remake and now the 2 other games.
It does worry me a bit because it seems like they need to get rid of one thing.
get rid of that mobile game :mjgrin:

Don’t forget they are working on the Avengers game as well.

They need that new mobile game to replace UX it’s supposedly not making as much revenue anymore. I would hope that one of those KH projects is a UX game for the switch or console as they will still need a platform to continue the Foretellers stories while also tying it into the present day.

Last edited:

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
Don’t forget they are working on the Avengers game as well.

They need that new mobile game to replace UX it’s supposedly not making as much revenue anymore. I would hope that one of those KH projects is a UX game for the switch or console as they will still need a platform to continue the Foretellers stories while also tying it into the present day.
that's interesting. I never played UX so I don't know what's wrong with it.
I forget about avengers too. yeah, they're too thin.
I'm big on a switch game. the reason is my switch is collecting dust so I'm waiting for a game to interest me again before breath of the wild 2.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
that's interesting. I never played UX so I don't know what's wrong with it.
I forget about avengers too. yeah, they're too thin.
I'm big on a switch game. the reason is my switch is collecting dust so I'm waiting for a game to interest me again before breath of the wild 2.

Global and the US players are on two separate timelines so they are months ahead in the story than we are. It’s heavily P2W incentivized but they have turned away a lot of players with their content/lack of content that they put out.

With the new mobile game coming out as well as UX struggling, it will likely end sometime later this year/early next year. With the way that the KH story is heading right now, there might need to be a few spinoff titles to even help tie up loose ends.

I have always wanted to get a Switch, but haven’t found many of the games too appealing.

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
Global and the US players are on two separate timelines so they are months ahead in the story than we are. It’s heavily P2W incentivized but they have turned away a lot of players with their content/lack of content that they put out.

With the new mobile game coming out as well as UX struggling, it will likely end sometime later this year/early next year. With the way that the KH story is heading right now, there might need to be a few spinoff titles to even help tie up loose ends.

I have always wanted to get a Switch, but haven’t found many of the games too appealing.
the switch is ok. I almost regret buying it so quickly. breath of the wild is good, smash bros is too. but I can't recommend buying it at full price if you're not a nintendo stan.