Kinect not needed for Xbox One to function

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
You quoting me? I almost lost my job waiting in line for a ps3 at Walmart. I was all for Blu ray until I copped a WDTV. Honestly last gen I was in Law School. I probably watched way more movies than played games. Now... ehhhh I'll probably still do more watching than playing but I want the best experience. I thought the potential of the kinect was a game changer. Microsoft did too and now they disagree. The sad part is that Microsoft stays losing features... and still has more. Game wise I'm more interested in Microsoft games. But they keep showing Knack and Octodad. Killzone multiplayer and the order can be game changers but right now... graphic for graphic... game for game I'd prefer Microsoft. This might change! a lot of flip flopping going on... can't wait to see the games not on the devs kits. I'm not trying to get either at launch though.

not you personally my friend

Ari Gold Bawse

The Bawse of all Bosses
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
xbox 180 never fails :laff:

cant believe some guys are saying xbox has the better games :usure:

sony always has the better exclusives

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
so if things was looking lovely after one week, why would they just now announce that kinect isn't needed. i mean if things was looking lovely wouldn't they have just kept that shyt intact?.
Because nothing has changed bruh, this is news to YOU because previously you only knew of the LIES psFanboys spread.
They said all along you could turn the camera off, then psFanboys would be like "Well, they can still spy on you"
So now they say "you don't need it" and you think its new news :lolbron:
Now you can unplug it and it'll work, ok. Whats the big deal now? You have to ask yourself why did M$ want it to be known it'll be there?
So developers can make sure to put Kinect content into games. If they think ppl won't even use it, why make games utilizing it (aka PSeye)
Allowing a system to turn out without one plugged in doesn't change anything. Its not a big deal either way. Its not a game changer
This is the dumbest topic ever, lets move on now...

Bruh, its not joke. Its really whats going down. If you read articles on games, every developer has said they would like to implement that feature.
So any game that has it, aka the PC version? Then the xbox one version will have it, and thats how it'll work since there is no button on the controller that can do that.
But if you wanna wait til the official announcement happens, do you. I wouldn't bullshyt you friend, thats not why I'm posting

Dirty Mcdrawz

Your girl loves em....
Daps
You quoting me? I almost lost my job waiting in line for a ps3 at Walmart. I was all for Blu ray until I copped a WDTV. Honestly last gen I was in Law School. I probably watched way more movies than played games. Now... ehhhh I'll probably still do more watching than playing but I want the best experience. I thought the potential of the kinect was a game changer. Microsoft did too and now they disagree. The sad part is that Microsoft stays losing features... and still has more. Game wise I'm more interested in Microsoft games. But they keep showing Knack and Octodad. Killzone multiplayer and the order can be game changers but right now... graphic for graphic... game for game I'd prefer Microsoft. This might change! a lot of flip flopping going on... can't wait to see the games not on the devs kits. I'm not trying to get either at launch though.

none of the launch exclusives are all that. the majority of the multiplatform games are going to be released on the pc so i'll be good until the real exclusives launch. i'm in no rush to play dead rising 3 or infamous sons.

Bruh, its not joke. Its really whats going down. If you read articles on games, every developer has said they would like to implement that feature.
So any game that has it, aka the PC version? Then the xbox one version will have it, and thats how it'll work since there is no button on the controller that can do that.
But if you wanna wait til the official announcement happens, do you. I wouldn't bullshyt you friend, thats not why I'm posting

devs want to do a lot of things and the majority of the time they do not implemented them for whatever reasons. the kinect 1 could have easily had that function for ghost recon and maybe they even thought about it but instead we got voice commands. until it's announced in the official feature press release it's just speculation and wishful thinking. :manny:

up in here

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Because nothing has changed bruh, this is news to YOU because previously you only knew of the LIES psFanboys spread.
They said all along you could turn the camera off, then psFanboys would be like "Well, they can still spy on you"
So now they say "you don't need it" and you think its new news :lolbron:
Now you can unplug it and it'll work, ok. Whats the big deal now? You have to ask yourself why did M$ want it to be known it'll be there?
So developers can make sure to put Kinect content into games. If they think ppl won't even use it, why make games utilizing it (aka PSeye)
Allowing a system to turn out without one plugged in doesn't change anything. Its not a big deal either way. Its not a game changer
This is the dumbest topic ever, lets move on now...

let me tell you why its news, like you said, "you don't need it" but they are charging you for it anyway. you understand that right? they are charging you for an add-on that you dont need. they could have sold it separately from the system and had the system at a lower starting price, or included it in a bundle pack at the current price. that way you have a choice to get it if you want it or to not get it if you dont want it.

This is sad, MS is giving us a choice How does it take away from its features? Once again sony stans hating that MS Is doing the right things to right the ship:win:

because they are not giving you a choice. a choice would have been if they had both the console available without kinect or in a bundle pack with kinect, that way you could choose to purchase it with the system or not. that would have been a choice. it also would have made it price competitive for people who want the system but dont want kinect. honestly, i think its only a matter of time before the kinectless console is available. but in the meantime, it is very amusing to see MS undoing alot of the things that they hyped as being the system selling features. nobody is hating MS for righting the ship, we are simply laughing at how far off course the ship initially was.

Rico

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
xbox 180 never fails :laff:

cant believe some guys are saying xbox has the better games :usure:

sony always has the better exclusives

I gotta be honest... I don't feel them like that... But this Mlb the show 2k13 has me kinda addicted. Actually I haven't gotten an xbox exclusive in a minute.

Prince Akeem

Its not that deep breh....
Daps
Sad seeing these sony stans celebrate with all these "I TOLD YOU SO"s while the big picture continues to skew against them :heh:

Even sadder when xbots see MS scrambling to clean up their mess after shytting the bed with their new console as a indictment against PS4.

Go ahead and continue your mental gymnastics.

Smooth3d

All Star
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Tulsa,Ok
let me tell you why its news, like you said, "you don't need it" but they are charging you for it anyway. you understand that right? they are charging you for an add-on that you dont need. they could have sold it separately from the system and had the system at a lower starting price, or included it in a bundle pack at the current price. that way you have a choice to get it if you want it or to not get it if you dont want it.

because they are not giving you a choice. a choice would have been if they had both the console available without kinect or in a bundle pack with kinect, that way you could choose to purchase it with the system or not. that would have been a choice. it also would have made it price competitive for people who want the system but dont want kinect. honestly, i think its only a matter of time before the kinectless console is available. but in the meantime, it is very amusing to see MS undoing alot of the things that they hyped as being the system selling features. nobody is hating MS for righting the ship, we are simply laughing at how far off course the ship initially was.

What u fell to understand is what you are taking about causes fragmented console system. With every system being full featured leaves all options open for devs. So this kill these paranoid types thinking MS spying on you. Only sony stans can turn a good thing into a negative.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Let's be real Xbots, the damn PS3 games so far this year are better than whats coming out on the Xbone. I guarantee you NOTHING will surpass TLOU in terms of mass critical appeal tantamount to user reviews. PS4 could be delayed and It'd be hard pressed to find good games on that Xbone. Face the facts!

Smooth3d

All Star
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Tulsa,Ok
Let's be real Xbots, the damn PS3 games so far this year are better than whats coming out on the Xbone. I guarantee you NOTHING will surpass TLOU in terms of mass critical appeal tantamount to user reviews. PS4 could be delayed and It'd be hard pressed to find good games on that Xbone. Face the facts!
Irrelevant argument you cant compare a system at the end of its life to a system that has not launched yet.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Irrelevant argument you cant compare a system at the end of its life to a system that has not launched yet.
Yes you can. Next gen should blow whatever is out currently out the water especially with the power of the cloud. No game on the Xbox One has showed potential and yes I've seen Titanfall.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
them for whatever reasons. the kinect 1 could have easily had that function for ghost recon and maybe they even thought about it but instead we got voice commands. until it's announced in the official feature press release it's just speculation and wishful thinking. :manny:
You will never see a press release saying "all FPS games will have leaning" because not all FPS games use leaning :stopitslime:
The reason it wasn't in Kinect 1.0 is because only 30million people own Kinects. Developers didn't want to add Kinect features for the majority of gamers to not use them
That takes time, money. Is it worth it to them? Now it will be, because if its a cool enough feature? Then others will copy the idea
More than one developer has already stated they WILL IMPLEMENT this feature, thats why we talking about it right now. I don't have the article on speed dial tho, so I can't pull it up right this second. But since its not official, you wouldn't believe it anyway right :yeshrug:
Its not a wish, its a fact. And its a very easy implement. Every racing game has this feature (Forza/GT) and they feel its a necessary feature, I could give a shyt about it in a racing game really
But a FPS? Now thats a big deal. Now that Kinect is mandatory, it'll be just one of the many benefits of Kinect. :blessed:
Its funny to read this, because its clear. Let me repeat this again, ITS CLEAR you have no idea what the Xbox One is all about. Literally clueless you are.
You like videogames? You like consoles?
Well guess what, Xbox One is the name of the new system. Nice to meet you :handshake:
Now this new xbox, what they are doing is they are now FEATURING KINECT as the "difference maker" between Xbox and all other systems.
You not asking Nintendo to include a Wii w/out the tablet controller are you? Never crossed your mind. Its not needed. You can still play most of the games without it

You not asking for it to be taken out because only a dumbass would ask that. A complete total dumbass who knows nothing about the Wii-U

This is what is going on with the Xbox One. Some of you keep talking about scenarios where there is no Kinect and I'm like :facepalm:
If you don't like Kinect, don't get an Xbox :manny:
Don't talk about an xbox if you don't want to talk about Kinect. Cuz thats what it is now, let that sink into your head. Deal with it
Stop trying to turn the new xbox into a system that sucks. You want a sorry system? Get a PS4, call it a day :salute:

But if you do choose to get an Xbox? This is some of what Kinect does for you.

Smooth3d

All Star
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Tulsa,Ok
@Fatboi1 that the stupid thing I have ever heard. The beginning of a new gen never shows the full power of a console. And if what u say is true why do x1 games look just as good or better then ps4 launch games?

Last edited:

AkaDemiK

I Love Hip-Hop
Daps
NOPE. They had their price set in stone at 399 for a while. Was the camera dropped to reduce price? Probably, but people acting like Sony coming out at 399 after they heard the X1 price are wrong. PS4 prob was 350 with the camera.

http://www.vg247.com/2013/07/02/ps4-price-unrelated-to-xbox-one-rrp-announce-tretton/

nikka i'm not talking bout no price and no fukkin camera...i'm talking about shyt like DRM nikka....but you already know this, it's probably why you didn't mention it.