Kinect not needed for Xbox One to function

Smooth3d

All Star
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Tulsa,Ok
See that I dont get about Sony stans. The only thing Sony did was watch and saw the backlash MS took, which is smart I must admit. Sony was at least thinking about having heavy drm. because they patented a way last year. So miss me with Sony is for the gamers and MS is evil blah blah.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
nikka i'm not talking bout no price and no fukkin camera...i'm talking about shyt like DRM nikka....but you already know this, it's probably why you didn't mention it.

There was never DRM with the PS4. They addressed it directly multiple times, but cats CONTINUE to act like there would be. :snoop:

Yoshida said it multiples times
House Said it
Jack Said it.

But cats still wanted to be in denial on some ole "If MS is doing it, Sony HAS to be".

http://www.vg247.com/2013/05/08/sony-didnt-consider-always-online-for-ps4-yoshida-says/

That was before the Xbox One event. Common sense, everyone who plays on consoles doesn't have a reliable internet connection or one at all. Why stop offline play? You cut off a major part of sales like that.

that's why they were laughing and enjoying the tweets about "please don't put DRM in the PS4", THEY WERE NEVER GOING TO AND TOLD YOU THAT! :snoop:

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
yea ok nikka...

I apologize in advance for the ether that follows....but like I told you, it wasn't some shyt on a whim. They weren't going to go for always online drm because of the hit on sales. And Sony has a HUGE fanbase worldwide with the PS Brand. Always online = hurting sales.

http://www.thecoli.com/threads/the-official-playstation-4-thread.116524/page-12#post-4374935

==================================

Xbots....(what's left of yall anyway)....
nigerianumad.png

============================
Sony on Always Online:

EXHIBIT A!!!
-------------
Originally Posted by Mark Cerny:
Q: Is the PS4 console is designed to be connected in a 'permanent' way? What I'm asking is it will need to be connected all the time? And if so, how will this affect plans for PSN?

A: PlayStation 4 is not a permanent connection system in that sense, but the experience is much richer if you are connected. You will have access to digital content and the updates for your games, along with a wide range of social functions: upload videos and screenshots, see your friends play and interact with them in various ways within the games.

EXHIBIT B:
-----------
Originally Posted by Michael Denny:
So I think two of the other pillars we talked about in-terms of design were simplicity and immediacy. Even taking back a step from here, PlayStation 4 can still be enjoyed old school without an Internet connection at all. So it depends what level you want to use these feature sets at. So with ’simple’ and ’immediacy’ we want it so that everything is one button click away, for example. And ’immediacy’ takes down these barriers that can be frustrating to gamers between the player getting access to the content.

EXHIBIT C:
-----------

Originally Posted by Game Informer:
Q: GI- Rumor claims that Microsoft's console will require an always-online Internet connection to play games. In previous interviews, you've stated that that's not the case with PS4. Did you ever consider an always-online connection for the PS4, and if so, why did you decide against it?

Yosp: Did we consider it? No, we didn't consider it. The main reason being that many countries don't have robust Internet connections. It makes sense for people to have Internet connections to play online games, but for offline games there are many countries that we saw do not really have robust internet.

EXHIBIT D:
----------

Originally Posted by Eurogamer:

Eurogamer: Does the console always need to be connected to the internet?

Shuhei Yoshida: You can play offline, but you may want to keep it connected. The system has the low-power mode - I don't know the official term - that the main system is shut down but the subsystem is awake. Downloading or updating or you can wake it up using either the tablet, smartphone or PS Vita.

Eurogamer: Are all of those things optional? For people who have broadband data limits, for example? They can customise everything?

Shuhei Yoshida: Oh yes, yes, you can go offline totally. Social is big for us, but we understand there are some people who are anti-social! So if you don't want to connect to anyone else, you can do that.

EXHIBIT E:
-----------

Originally Posted by Kotaku:

More relief... At a roundtable this morning, Sony's game studios chief, Shuhei Yoshida, told reporters that any requirement for users to register a game online in order to play it would be left to game publishers. Sony won't require that.

===========================
That's multiple execs confirming the same shyt. The part about other places not having the internet infrastructure to enforce an always online requirement is common sense that Online DRM won't be in the PS4. What that being said, it's safe to assume that used games will be allowed to be played with no fee on the Sony end AND that you can take your shyt over to your friends house without having to log in with your id to play your game at his spot. Even if Rapestop charges you a "fee" that they give to the publisher to play a used game, it won't stop ebay or craigslist or private sales.

Xbots =
nigerianumad.png

Smooth3d

All Star
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Tulsa,Ok
I apologize in advance for the ether that follows....but like I told you, it wasn't some shyt on a whim. They weren't going to go for always online drm because of the hit on sales. And Sony has a HUGE fanbase worldwide with the PS Brand. Always online = hurting sales.

http://www.thecoli.com/threads/the-official-playstation-4-thread.116524/page-12#post-4374935

==================================

Xbots....(what's left of yall anyway)....
nigerianumad.png

============================
Sony on Always Online:

EXHIBIT A!!!
-------------
Originally Posted by Mark Cerny:
Q: Is the PS4 console is designed to be connected in a 'permanent' way? What I'm asking is it will need to be connected all the time? And if so, how will this affect plans for PSN?

A: PlayStation 4 is not a permanent connection system in that sense, but the experience is much richer if you are connected. You will have access to digital content and the updates for your games, along with a wide range of social functions: upload videos and screenshots, see your friends play and interact with them in various ways within the games.

EXHIBIT B:
-----------
Originally Posted by Michael Denny:
So I think two of the other pillars we talked about in-terms of design were simplicity and immediacy. Even taking back a step from here, PlayStation 4 can still be enjoyed old school without an Internet connection at all. So it depends what level you want to use these feature sets at. So with ’simple’ and ’immediacy’ we want it so that everything is one button click away, for example. And ’immediacy’ takes down these barriers that can be frustrating to gamers between the player getting access to the content.

EXHIBIT C:
-----------

Originally Posted by Game Informer:
Q: GI- Rumor claims that Microsoft's console will require an always-online Internet connection to play games. In previous interviews, you've stated that that's not the case with PS4. Did you ever consider an always-online connection for the PS4, and if so, why did you decide against it?

Yosp: Did we consider it? No, we didn't consider it. The main reason being that many countries don't have robust Internet connections. It makes sense for people to have Internet connections to play online games, but for offline games there are many countries that we saw do not really have robust internet.

EXHIBIT D:
----------

Originally Posted by Eurogamer:

Eurogamer: Does the console always need to be connected to the internet?

Shuhei Yoshida: You can play offline, but you may want to keep it connected. The system has the low-power mode - I don't know the official term - that the main system is shut down but the subsystem is awake. Downloading or updating or you can wake it up using either the tablet, smartphone or PS Vita.

Eurogamer: Are all of those things optional? For people who have broadband data limits, for example? They can customise everything?

Shuhei Yoshida: Oh yes, yes, you can go offline totally. Social is big for us, but we understand there are some people who are anti-social! So if you don't want to connect to anyone else, you can do that.

EXHIBIT E:
-----------

Originally Posted by Kotaku:

More relief... At a roundtable this morning, Sony's game studios chief, Shuhei Yoshida, told reporters that any requirement for users to register a game online in order to play it would be left to game publishers. Sony won't require that.

===========================
That's multiple execs confirming the same shyt. The part about other places not having the internet infrastructure to enforce an always online requirement is common sense that Online DRM won't be in the PS4. What that being said, it's safe to assume that used games will be allowed to be played with no fee on the Sony end AND that you can take your shyt over to your friends house without having to log in with your id to play your game at his spot. Even if Rapestop charges you a "fee" that they give to the publisher to play a used game, it won't stop ebay or craigslist or private sales.

Xbots =
nigerianumad.png

@Rekkapryde How convenient you ignore my post, Time for some reverse ether!

In January of this year Sony filed for a patent for disc based DRM to control used game sales. No policies are detailed but a rough outline of the technology was given and Sony's stance on enforcement.

• Ownership of game is tied to users profile, interesting to note they do not specify their PSN ID. Just "user's account on the console". The disc itself stores this information, knowing what user is authorized to use it then checking with the console to see if everything matches.
  • The disc is embedded with near field communication tags. The tags lock the disc to the user account.
  • The NFC tag communicates directly to the console itself. No need of a server was mentioned as well as Sony eluding to the fact internet based checks simply don't work because not everyone takes their console online.
  • The system is designed to be as lenient as Sony wants it to be. The NFC tag can store data for the disc to act as a trial version and allow for multiple users. The possibility of curbing used sales by limiting the number of times a game can be resold is briefly mentioned.
Sony says the technology is to control used sales but a used game market cannot be eliminated entirely. Also goes on to say requiring any sort of password (I guess they mean the equivalent to a CD Key) is impractical. And as mentioned earlier Sony says that internet verification does not work because not everyone has or goes online and there would be no way to control them if that was the case.

Source http://www.ibtimes.com/sony-files-patent-curb-access-used-video-games-1005876

If this is what is used it sounds like it keeps with the goals of Xbox Ones near draconian restrictions but it does it in a high tech fashion while leaving the door open for a more user friendly more lenient experience. Also entirely circumventing the internet is a pretty big deal. A lot goes unsaid here, Sony only expresses a few vague attitudes towards the issue and only how the technology works. There is no definitive policy on how this will be used in practice or how it addresses used sales, sharing with friends, etc. Hopefully Sony is watching the public opinion on what Microsoft is doing and acts accordingly. These NFC chips could accomplish the same ends but in a totally different less intrusive way.

http://www.giantbomb.com/forums/pla...-plans-detailed-in-january-2013-pate-1439755/

Sony wouldn't patent a system if they was not thinking about it. Sony is no better then MS. Sony just seen the horrible back lash and backed off.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Another example of how out of control Microsoft was with the original xbox one. Nothing of what they showed at their press conference basically holds up

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!

1. don't put your replies in my post (had to search for what you wrote fool!)
2. COUNTLESS patents are made by companies that are never used
3. All of the replies I showed were AFTER the PS4 debut and validated.

Face it, yall wanted Sony to be in on that shyt too so yall wouldn't feel left out. They told yall nikkaz, but you still wanted to be hard headed. Same shyt with the system specs leaks, yall were hoping for a miracle.

Face it. MS fukked up ROYALLY, and they are paying the price for their fukkery. They were NEVER your friend even with the OG Xbox. Them nikkaz been trying since that garbage ass WebTV to take over as the center of the home (severely outdated concept at this point I might add) and dug their ditch trying to achieve it.

Yall nikkaz better hope WiiU don't outsell you. :laff:

Rico

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Honestly this is probably for the best... nobody wants to travel and hookup a kinect... actually eff that I'm keeping mine hooked up so the NSA can see I'm not doing anything.

Smooth3d

All Star
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Tulsa,Ok
Blah blah Sony stan twisted logic blah blah shyt on MS blah blah

Yes companies do patent all sorts of things but this is very detailed so this is not just a random idea. If MS would been successful with drm do you honestly believe Sony not have done the same thing since they already have a patent on it? :usure:I know you not this dumb playboi. Sony seen the backlash and back up quick. But I guess this is advantage when follow and copy.

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't understand how Xbots can't grasp why all this is cause for ridicule.

It's like no one is allowed to criticize the Xbox One, or else they're all Sony stans.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Yes companies do patent all sorts of things but this is very detailed so this is not just a random idea. If MS would been successful with drm do you honestly believe Sony not have done the same thing since they already have a patent on it? :usure:I know you not this dumb playboi. Sony seen the backlash and back up quick. But I guess this is advantage when follow and copy.
sounds like smart business to me. Too bad Microsoft didn't learn from what made the 360 so successful and tried to do a complete lockdown job on gamers.

The nerds have won

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
I don't understand how Xbots can't grasp why all this is cause for ridicule.

It's like no one is allowed to criticize the Xbox One, or else they're all Sony stans.
They are just trying to save face at this point and are banding together at whatever cost.

Logic be damned, its TEAM XBOX bytch!

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
If this shyt ain't mandatory why are they still charging $499 for this?

Rell Shyt

they might as well knock the price down at this point and just be a weaker PS4. Any knowledgeable cat wouldn't fukk with these dudes no more after the shyt they were planning to do, but xbots are hard headed and don't care about being battered wives.

They'll cave in more than likely next year and sell it without the kinect to fully complete their 180. Completely backing down on their vision for the future. No fukks given.