🌕 Killers Of The Flower Moon’ 🌕-- Martin Scorsese, Leonardo DiCaprio & Robert De Niro (Discussion Thread)

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
Finally got around to watching this as well. The decision to pivot from playing it up as a mystery or harping on the rise of the FBI and allowing us to see the plotting/destruction behind the scenes every step of the way kind of fukked the pacing in the 1st half of the movie (for me).

But I understand why he did it---paying homage to the Osage and letting their story shine and making sure every death was on full display was a nice touch at the end of the day, especially for dem folk in real life who have to deal with their trauma on screen.

It really picked up tho on the backend, especially soon as dat nicca 'Todd' pulled up from cooking meth and shooting kids to find out just what in the hell was going on.

I liked this a little better than The Irishmen even though both suffer from some of the same issues. But for his age, the 'Godfather' is still putting some ambitious film on tape.

& Took awhile but da boi Leo finally starting to look like us regular folk lol

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
They made him looks slow and ugly. His facial expressions didnt help either
He thought he was in Sling blade

Yeah whatever they did to his mouth helped them pour hella Xtra sauce on that playing up to him being damn near a moron and easy to manipulate angle.

But shyt, even in his photos outside of movies when he's just caught randomly at a game or talking to other celebrities at a party or sum shyt, u can tell the alcohol starting to catch up wit him in the face a lil. But that's also age & it's coming for us all..

ciubaca

Superstar
Daps
Yeah whatever they did to his mouth helped them pour hella Xtra sauce on that playing up to him being damn near a moron and easy to manipulate angle.

But shyt, even in his photos outside of movies when he's just caught randomly at a game or talking to other celebrities at a party or sum shyt, u can tell the alcohol starting to catch up wit him in the face a lil. But that's also age & it's coming for us all..
He rly loves the life. Drinking, partying, and he has to keep up with women in their 20s :heh: its not easy when you're 50
He never was one of those actors that was obsessed with going to the gym
He was handsome (still is) :dame:He never rly gort movie parts because of his looks.... sure it didnt hurt

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Watching this RN after reading the book....

Didnt know masons got down like that :dame:
Just copped the new book from the author that wrote Killers of the Flower Moon. It was on damn near every top 10 reading list of the year and the premise seems wild.

The Wager

ciubaca

Superstar
Daps
Just copped the new book from the author that wrote Killers of the Flower Moon. It was on damn near every top 10 reading list of the year and the premise seems wild.

The Wager
is that the one with the mutiny ?

Im hearing Marty is trying to adapt that book too.
I love movies on ships.. Master and commander, Das boot, The north water, Cape fear, DEAD Calm :mjlit:

It's probably not gonna happen. he's been trying to make Devil in the white city for ages now

Last edited:

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
is that the one with the mutiny ?

Im hearing Marty is trying to adapt that book too.
I love movies on ships.. Master and commander, Das boot, The north water, Cape fear, DEAD Calm :mjlit:

It's probably not gonna happen. he's been trying to make Devil in the white city for ages now
Yesssir. The summary hooked me right in. I have that and the new James McBride books on deck for winter reading.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Finally got around to it and def feel like's a masterpiece. After months of being warned about how brutal the film was I must say I was still taken aback by the level of violence. Not just that, the general disregard for Native American life on display. The first half is almost entirely a meticulous account of systematic, planned annihilation of a people. Behind a friendly smile and handshake. Seeing the grandmother watch it all, and see it for exactly what it is but have no ability to stop it or properly convince her granddaughters...whew.

Lily Gladstone is magnificent in the film, what a powerful performance. She has so many amazing moments, but the two scenes where she learns her sisters have been murdered felt like she was being sucked into the earth. Phenomenal and haunting. DiCaprio was magnificent as well in such a nuanced role. Made me realize how little we see truly idiots portrayed on screen but man he nailed that shyt. And I thought this was De Niro's best performance in a long time. Behind every death, every decision, every plot...he's there, commanding the screen effortlessly.

The movie is almost four hours long yet never drags. The pacing is amazing in large part due to the great editing and score. Brehs, THIS is a fukking banger.

:damn:

I loved how all of this was painstakingly drawn out for all to see before the FBI showed up. Could this have been a dramatic, fascinating detective film? Sure. That's basically what the novel it's based on is, focused mainly on the lead detective. But I think it hit harder with some an intimate portrayal of the Native Americans, their culture, and Ernest and Molly's relationship.

Also brehs...that scene where damn near every important figure in town is in that room convincing Ernest not to testify? Stunning. They were all in on it, to some degree. Either as conspirators or as vultures waiting for the kill.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The scene where a few of the Osage women are talking about how they know that the white men are only after them for their money and still rocking with them had me :aicmon:

Grandma walking around the house seeing all them white people like
disappointed-grandma.gif

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Best movie of 2023 for me.

So engaging and painful

I wanted Leo and De Niro to get hanged for their crimes . But they’re white so :unimpressed:

I read that in real life Ernest got 11 years in prison. Ended up getting a pardon by the Oklahoma governor, and died in 1986. He lived in Osage County again with the brother too, at some point. Which is insane. I'd imagine the Osage knew they couldn't retaliate or take any revenge without their town being wiped out like Tulsa/Black Wallstreet.

Hale got life in prison but was paroled in 1947. Died a free man in the 1960s. Never admitted or showed any guilt. Just wild.
:francis: