🌕 Killers Of The Flower Moon’ 🌕-- Martin Scorsese, Leonardo DiCaprio & Robert De Niro (Discussion Thread)

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
Meh, if what Scorsese means by "Why aren't all movies 3 hour long snoozefests" then fukk "cinema"

mag357

Superstar
Daps
Just watched this movie a few days ago.

This is Scorsese feeling himself on some movie snob shyt.

I want to tell him, there is a skill in being about to condense a film to an enjoyable timeframe and still be able to get everything u need to get in the movie, in the movie.

30-45mins of that could have been left on the cutting room floor

Μαρία

God's Wife
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Earth
The acting was great. Does that even really need to be said? Lily will be nominated and will probably win Best Actress.

That aside, my issues with this film are the pacing, the weird editing (no flow between scenes) and the script is just odd and abrupt. I’m glad that this story was told but I probably won’t ever watch this again.

Erratic415

Superstar
Daps
Long, upsetting, and bleak, as expected.

Movies of this time length can be a chore to sit through. While some of his other long films went by quicker, I was interested enough in the movie that it didn’t bother me too much.

I had never seen Lily Gladstone before, but she was excellent in this. The scene of her at the bottom of the stairs was a tough one. De Niro doing his thing again, acting like a caring uncle/father figure to Ernest and pretending to be a friend to the Osage while being such a murderous monster. The paddle scene was bizarre.

Jesse Plemons again with the completely unemotional, monotone delivery of “I’m sorry for your loss”.

Not around the top of my favorite Scorsese films, but I liked it.

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
Is this a movie I should watch in the theater or just wait until it goes on streaming?

3 hours long though. :lupe: