🌕 Killers Of The Flower Moon’ 🌕-- Martin Scorsese, Leonardo DiCaprio & Robert De Niro (Discussion Thread)

Micky Mikey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
i saw it last night and enjoyed it. It didn't feel like 3 1/2 hours. The movie was well done.

weird request - does anyone know the name of humming song when Hale burned the fields ? I couldn't find it in the score.

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
Saw it today and loved it. De Niro deserves an Oscar for this one and Scorsese brought back that Goodfellas feeling with Ernest on the stand. The end was a gut punch...I mean I knew ultimately the white folks wouldn't really be punished but to hear Mollie's obituary...:mjcry:shyt got to me for some reason.

Oppenheimer definitely was more "upbeat" but I'd probably rewatch this more.

Sidenote...saw 2 native girls in the cinema I was in watching it....shyt caught me by surprise :leon:

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
It's a true crime flick about a series of murders and the conspiracy that ties them together.

I know he's been killing it for over 50 years now so we've celebrated him a million times, but goddamn De Niro is great in this. If this is his last great role, it'd be a satisfying end to his GOAT career.
He stole the movie to me. Man’s was the devil incarnate… like i was uncomfortable every time he came on screen.

Some of y’all tripping. This movie was excellent. It didn’t really feel like 3.5 hours to me, It was very effective world building and really showed how evil white people can be. I appreciated the nod to Black Wall Street and the Tulsa Race Riots in this. My only critique would be that the Native Americans were way too trusting of white people. Like I found it hard to believe. And it wasn’t really explained why they were so cool with their women marrying white men? Was there a shortage of Native American men or something?

Also, something I was a bit confused by:
Was the brother in law that got blown up, who married two sisters, was he just as foul as Leo and DeNiro? Did he kill his first wife with the insulin shots too? Or was that DeNiro and his doctors doing behind the husbands back?

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
In Ernest's first scene with Hale he lets the audience his entire motivation. He loves women, but he loves money just as much. It holds true throughout the entire movie. It's why he starts a family with Mollie, learns Osage, and cares for Mollie even though he's helping to slowly kill her and her entire family.

It's also why he drinks the poison by Mollie's bedside during that beautifully filmed sequence when Hale burns his ranch during the ground. So when Mollie asks him at the end what medicine he was giving her, he lies and you know for sure that he's evil.
Why did he burn the field? Just for the insurance money?

Pool_Shark

Can’t move with me in this digital space
Daps
Damn watched it last night.

This has to be horror movie of the year for me. The book made it feel more of a mystery but the movie is horrifying in the way that Deniros character preys on Molly and her family. The devil. It's all true too which makes it even worse. I liked the way Martin Scores brought this story to life.

This is one of those movies I'm going to be thinking about for a long time