🌕 Killers Of The Flower Moon’ 🌕-- Martin Scorsese, Leonardo DiCaprio & Robert De Niro (Discussion Thread)

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
Wantedto see it, but I don't want to watch a whole movie of a Native woman's white husband plotting to kill her.

Sounds depressing in a way that will fukk me up

Especially if theirs graphic violence

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
'Oppenheimer' was the perfect storm of Nolan being back, memes blowing up with Barbie, people saying you need to see it in "IMAX" and then of course it ended up being a great movie as well.

Apple did a disservice to 'Killers of the Flower Moon' they wanted it to help sell some subs for their service. It was originally only going to be a small release but then they made it a wider release after telling everyone they need to buy Apple to see it.

Both will gets ton of nominations for The Oscars.

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
White men wicked nah bloodclatt :wow:

I gave it a four on my Letterboxd because I didn't feel like Ernest loved Mollie fully as Martin has said in interviews. Also this could've used more Lily. Lily was so good in this, I wish there as more of her then when she was sick in bed. I surprisingly didn't feel the film length in this.

RickyDiBiase

The Sword of Jesus of Nazareth
Daps
Reppin
Cbus

:wow:

I don't get that criticism either. They're weren't weak or helpless. The only thing they were guilty of was not being whitein America. Them old heads even said to the fed if we knew who it was we would have killed them. What the fukk kind of question is that? What apparatus did they have to get to the bottom of what was going on? They paid to send that one dude to Washington and his fellow cacs killed him. They put a beating on that detective too. Then finally get get the feds in the end. If the Osages suited up and started gunning down every random white person they would have been wiped in weeks rather than over the course of decades.

All this movie really showed the treachery, duplicitous and covetous nature of the devil. Can't nobody be blessed but the white man. Someone else has something either they gotta give it up or can't no one have it. The news of the Tulsa massacre being included in the movie only adds to that point.

Then I'm reading comments now and people are talking about how they were made to empathize with Leo's character and they didn't like that. How the fukk? That motherfukker was evil :mindblown: Marries a native American woman and first thing he does is robs them people and he's fukking with grave robbers and shyt. Man this shyt had me mad as fukk

:francis:The more I read up on how a lot of them women didn’t have access to their full accounts and money unless they had a white do it for them….

Man….really this movie touches the surface but re-reading your post breh makes me realize just how SOL a mfer could be.

Like you…I was lowkey fuming at this shyt.

And I got a family member who works as a Nurse out on a reservation in Oklahoma and goddamn the stuff she tells me…shyt drove her ass to drink.

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

Heavy_Handz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter