🌕 Killers Of The Flower Moon’ 🌕-- Martin Scorsese, Leonardo DiCaprio & Robert De Niro (Discussion Thread)

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Y'all gotta stop automatically tagging nikkas with ADHD or as blind, retarded MCU stans in defense of self indulgent directors:mjlol:

Scorcese is great but this has been a common criticism of his work later in his career. And it's not just him. The higher praise a director gets over his career, the longer their movies get because nobody wants to tell them no and they fall into self indulgence

Scorcese is not infallible and his more recent movies do tend to have a lot of fat on them

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
In Ernest's first scene with Hale he lets the audience his entire motivation. He loves women, but he loves money just as much. It holds true throughout the entire movie. It's why he starts a family with Mollie, learns Osage, and cares for Mollie even though he's helping to slowly kill her and her entire family.

It's also why he drinks the poison by Mollie's bedside during that beautifully filmed sequence when Hale burns his ranch during the ground. So when Mollie asks him at the end what medicine he was giving her, he lies and you know for sure that he's evil.

Explain the poison scene? He drank the poison too? I may have missed that.

@Robbie3000

knowing native cultures and practices, this was very common, and probably even the norm for the Native women I know too. Not all white men, but most were kinda bums, broke, users, not solid, or ambitious people, this was because the power dynamic is reversed, and the Native women all had money, and the men needed it, the Native women's caretaking nature/culture leaves them vulnerable to this kind of situation, but the men are treated as somewhat lesser, most of the time, because their fortune hinges on them having kids, and staying in the woman's good grace.

And also the idea of wanting someone different and even wanting the validation from white men too. The ones I was closest with, were extremely sweet and caring, but wild as fukk, drink anyone under the table, fight anyone anytime.

Last edited:

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
Explain the poison scene? He drank the poison too? I may have missed that.

@Robbie3000

knowing native cultures and practices, this was very common, and probably even the norm for the Native women I know too. Not all white men, but most were kinda bums, broke, users, not solid, or ambitious people, this was because the power dynamic is reversed, and the Native women all had money, and the men needed it, the Native women's caretaking nature/culture leaves them vulnerable to this kind of situation, but the men are treated as somewhat lesser, most of the time, because their fortune hinges on them having kids, and staying in the woman's good grace.

And also the idea of wanting someone different and even wanting the validation from white men too. The ones I was closest with, were extremely sweet and caring, but wild as fukk, drink anyone under the table, fight anyone anytime.

It was the scene where Hale burned his own ranch to collect insurance, and the whole room was filled with that burning light. Ernest drank the poison and sat in his rocking chair next to a dying Mollie to pity himself. It's proof that even though he was a dumbass he was wholly aware that he was killing Mollie, and that he'd rather kill himself than stop killing Mollie (or confess that he was helping to kill Mollie).

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
People are glossing over some of the fantastic work that was on screen from the Osage. I mentioned the speech that was maybe midway though the film but another one was when they tell the FBI flat out "you're only here because we paid for your services"

There was a lot of Osage that knew what was going on and just wanted answers and a way to PROVE it... They weren't shown as "helpless" it's just that the deck was severely stacked against them.

Mr Clean

Superstar
Daps

:wow:

People are glossing over some of the fantastic work that was on screen from the Osage. I mentioned the speech that was maybe midway though the film but another one was when they tell the FBI flat out "you're only here because we paid for your services"

There was a lot of Osage that knew what was going on and just wanted answers and a way to PROVE it... They weren't shown as "helpless" it's just that the deck was severely stacked against them.

I don't get that criticism either. They're weren't weak or helpless. The only thing they were guilty of was not being whitein America. Them old heads even said to the fed if we knew who it was we would have killed them. What the fukk kind of question is that? What apparatus did they have to get to the bottom of what was going on? They paid to send that one dude to Washington and his fellow cacs killed him. They put a beating on that detective too. Then finally get get the feds in the end. If the Osages suited up and started gunning down every random white person they would have been wiped in weeks rather than over the course of decades.

All this movie really showed the treachery, duplicitous and covetous nature of the devil. Can't nobody be blessed but the white man. Someone else has something either they gotta give it up or can't no one have it. The news of the Tulsa massacre being included in the movie only adds to that point.

Then I'm reading comments now and people are talking about how they were made to empathize with Leo's character and they didn't like that. How the fukk? That motherfukker was evil :mindblown: Marries a native American woman and first thing he does is robs them people and he's fukking with grave robbers and shyt. Man this shyt had me mad as fukk

TM101

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
First Oppenheimer, now this, who is asking for these movies to be made?