🌕 Killers Of The Flower Moon’ 🌕-- Martin Scorsese, Leonardo DiCaprio & Robert De Niro (Discussion Thread)

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
The number of people in this thread comparing this to Oppenheimer is so fukking dumb. Just Nolan whores desperate to defend their king. There's no comparison between the two movies besides being three hour epics.

Also, blaming the Osage for their own downfall for marrying white men is like blaming the victims of the Tulsa race riots for building a prosperous community next to white people.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
It was amazing acting, too long by about an hour, and too me it really was the epitome of banal evil. They treated murder like it was business and could not have seen the Osage as humans. A few times this picture came to my mind regarding this movie.

Osage fukked up marry Coyotes

NY1.jpg

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
The number of people in this thread comparing this to Oppenheimer is so fukking dumb. Just Nolan whores desperate to defend their king. There's no comparison between the two movies besides being three hour epics.

Also, blaming the Osage for their own downfall for marrying white men is like blaming the victims of the Tulsa race riots for building a prosperous community next to white people.

The comparison is fair because we all know they're both shoe ins for Oscar and Golden Globes films of the year. So the debate is gonna between these 2 and other Oscsr films. And just regular debates on the best film this year.

Brad Piff

The Money & The Miles
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Peeped this last night. Went into it running low on sleep but I was feeling wide awake so thought I would make it all the way through without dozing off. Ended up falling asleep for about 10 minutes three separate times since it was a late screening . :skip:

It’s not an indictment on the movie, just happened to be my case.. so there were a few moments when I was a little confused but I got the big picture overall. It was alright but I think it would have made for a better mini series rather than presented as one big project expected to be consumed all at once.

Thought the direction was great with dope performances from DiCaprio and DeNiro. Not gonna make another trip to the theater for it, I’ll wait for a good quality rip to catch the parts I missed.

Jean toomer

Superstar
Daps
The story is more focused on DiCaprios character arc rather than the true effect on the native Americans. The wife is either mourning a dead sister or drugged out zombie. Ultimately a bloated overwrought Scorsese/dicaprio vanity piece. The only positive is that it gives light to this atrocity.

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
The story is more focused on DiCaprios character arc rather than the true effect on the native Americans. The wife is either mourning a dead sister or drugged out zombie. Ultimately a bloated overwrought Scorsese/dicaprio vanity piece. The only positive is that it gives light to this atrocity.

I don't what else they could've done regarding the Osage people to show how white folks destabilized the area. I mean, Mollie was supposed to be like that. They targeted her directly or indirectly over and over.

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
They made the natives look pretty dumb tho unfortunately. Really reminded me of what’s going on in Nigeria with the Chinese and with modern day swirlers. A lot to digest in the movie. Probably more than even Martin realized when he decided to take on this endeavor

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
They made the natives look pretty dumb tho unfortunately. Really reminded me of what’s going on in Nigeria with the Chinese and with modern day swirlers. A lot to digest in the movie. Probably more than even Martin realized when he decided to take on this endeavor
The movie is based on the book, I'm assuming that's a topic of conversation and it's unfortunately one that has to be had. Marrying white men did them no favors.