🌕 Killers Of The Flower Moon’ 🌕-- Martin Scorsese, Leonardo DiCaprio & Robert De Niro (Discussion Thread)

Rick Fox at UNC

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Pretty Boys
Who cares? I do, as someone who went and saw the movie and lost more than 3 hours of my life. And I'm not talking about "corny plot twists", I'm talking about just having a minimal level or intrigue, tension, build up, etc. Movie is basically done after 30 min, we know who is killing the Osages, how and why, and then it's three hours of mid filler dialogue, a couple explosions and a couple burials. Also White people stealing the land from Indians isn't much of a "revelation" lol

Cool.

Rick Fox at UNC

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Pretty Boys
Yeah, we knew Oppenheimer was gonna make the bomb in the first 2 minutes so that was a bad movie too:comeon:

Imagine going into a historical drama concerned about being surprised by well documented history.
If you have issues with the cinematography, acting, pacing, etc then have at it. But your actually critique is as garbage as you think the film is.

Exactly.

I'm starting to understand why all of these rinse/repeat comic book movies generate revenue.

Common movie goer is a brainless fool, looking for "the twist" or "the reveal."

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Why would somebody spend almost 3 1/2 in a film, if they don't like this genre :mjlol:? If somebody did that and your just a fan of comic book movies, then something is wrong with you. Im not fan of romance. No way would I spend 3 1/2 watching a love story. Even it was 20000000% on RT. I suspect that the people who saw this film are fans of the Oscar, fall films (I know I am).

Not loving this film does not mean your just a comic book film fan. That's not a logical argument. Some critics hated Oppy. I loved Oppy. Doesn't mean those critics are comic book fans. They just saw the flaws in the film, the pacing (although I diagree. Pacing was good). Same thing here.

karim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Who cares? I do, as someone who went and saw the movie and lost more than 3 hours of my life. And I'm not talking about "corny plot twists", I'm talking about just having a minimal level or intrigue, tension, build up, etc. Movie is basically done after 30 min, we know who is killing the Osages, how and why, and then it's three hours of mid filler dialogue, a couple explosions and a couple burials. Also White people stealing the land from Indians isn't much of a "revelation" lol
Lol, I'm in the middle of watching this at the movies right now and I started browsing the coli because this movie is slow and boring as hell.

karim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Shoulda waited for the Marvels :troll:
I haven't watched a Marvel movie since Guardians of the Galaxy 2, and I'm a big Scorsese fan, but this isn't it. The pacing is terrible, the dialogue is a bunch of midwestern cacs mumbling and as was already stated, you figure out what's going on within the first 45 minutes. The only mystery is why the Osage woman kept marrying cacs, even though they knew they were after their money.

Nuuko

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
ridiculous how they tried to make these (SPOIL) insulin injections appear as a massive surprise lol...

Nuuko

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Fans can claim its a historical movie all they want, doesn't change the fact the writing was bad but random people on thecoli can't make the difference between what they "subjectively enjoy/dislike" and what is "objectively good/bad".