Killa Cam is unconvinced dinosaurs ever existed...

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
Y'alls' problem is that you can't look at a theory presented and use your own noodle to determine how likely it is.

So dinosaurs, ghosts, germs, aliens, and Bigfoot are all the same type of thing in your mind. Just fantastic stories about things you can't see. All equally likely/unlikely.

I just start with: are ALL dinosaur bones forgeries?

If ANY are real then the theory holds water

But y'all keep questioning things that are taught in elementary school. Then y'all wonder what's wrong with our group as a whole.

If we can't grasp simple stuff that children learn then how can we possibly solve our biggest problems
Your problem is that you still process information like a child

As i said before, go into any museum and ask to see a REAL carbon dated dinosaur bone and watch the juelzing that occurs

CarmelBarbie

At peace
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I’m not going to lie my son has been asking me about dinosaurs lately. He asked me about how they’re extinct—he was like there wasn’t even a couple to survive? Then He was like will that happen to us since it happened to them?

Those questions struck me, because when you think about it, it’s kind of crazy that this entire species of huge monsters just all cease to exist now. The explanation of their extinction is an asteroid hit and they all suddenly died? It sounds crazy to me.

I’m not saying I don’t believe they existed, but at the same time the existence of dinosaurs including what happened to them, is a big mystery to me. And I can see both sides.
It wasn't "suddenly". It would have taken several months. But the impact on the Earth would have been so severe that it makes sense that large land creatures would have been out of the cut real fukking quick.

The theropod dinosaurs evolved into birds and survive to this day. But the Chicxulub asteroid that rammed into Earth just off the Yucatán peninsula in Mexico 66 million years ago led to the extinction of 75 per cent of all species living at the time.

It isn’t possible to be certain of conditions after the impact but it seems likely that it would have created a massive plume of vaporised rock. Within hours, this probably condensed into a rain of molten rock. This in turn could have killed most organisms out in the open and ignited global wildfires. That means animals in caves, underground or in water stood a better chance of surviving the first few hours.

For many, surviving simply prolonged their demise because the dust that was lofted into the stratosphere blocked out sunlight, cooling the globe and reducing photosynthesis, leading to the collapse of food chains.

Once the dust settled, Earth would have experienced global warming because of the release of carbon dioxide into the atmosphere from the wildfires. It is possible that most of the extinctions may have happened within months of the impact.

End of an era: how long did it take the dinosaurs to die out?

So shyt out in the open would have died first. Large cold-blooded land animals that survived the initial hit would have died from the cold quickly. Large animals of all sorts would have died from lack of food soon enough. Like the article says, shyt that lived underground, in caves, or in the water, that could handle variances in temperature, and that either had a really slow metabolism and could go for a long time without food or that could scavenge well on the dying and rotting remains of everything else around would have the best chance to survive through that devastation.

It's interesting that there's some research suggesting at least 5 species of dinosaurs may have survived in New Zealand for up to a million years after the impact. New Zealand was on the exact opposite side of the world from the impact and has a lower latitude than any other major island....perhaps conditions were just barely survivable there? But for whatever reason, that little ecological community couldn't last forever and it died out too.

Dinosaur sanctuary on the Chatham Islands, Southwest Pacific: First record of theropods from the K–T boundary Takatika Grit - ScienceDirect

It's also worth remembering that its not like this is the one extinction event in Earth's history. There have been repeat major extinction events. shyt happens, and the vast majority of species aren't going to last hundreds of millions of years, as conditions change they die out and evolve and get replaced by other shyt. Even if the asteroid impact never happened, we probably still wouldn't have dinosaurs because they would have died out from something else or evolved into something else in all that time since then.

Yinny

I miss LLC Twitter
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
If an asteroid that size would have hit, there would be evidence of that hitting the earth.

Yet scientists claim it almost every year that asteriod will hit earth cause damage since I was a kid.

It has a name, location and estimated time of occurrence.

Chicxulub crater - Wikipedia

I’m unsure what constitutes “evidence” or proof to most of you-what do you think about fossils?

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

A Cop

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
"Giant animals can't possibly have existed! Big bones, no homo!"

315439342172038.gif

CarmelBarbie

At peace
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte
:stopitslime: Sudden death by asteroid sounds very. Plausible. How is that strange?

Growing up I always found it strange. Damn. If you don’t agree that’s fine. :hubie: To be honest I find a lot strange about dinosaurs. I actually remember a few years ago asking my sisters if dinosaurs really existed or if it was something they made up and told us as kids. They looked at me like I was dumb asf. I think it’s fine to have doubts and questions about things you don’t quite understand. :manny:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
They have evidence
https://www.psi.edu/epo/ktimpact/ktimpact.html

The iridium excess in the 65 My-old soil layer has been confirmed at many points around the world.

From 65 Million years ago? :mjlol:

See how silly that sounds. We have the Grand Canyon as proof of the earth shift millions of years ago but only found earth soil changes to prove a asteroid hit. No the asteroid would have made a giant crater mark where it hit and every ancient civilization would have recorded about it.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Growing up I always found it strange. Damn. If you don’t agree that’s fine. :hubie: To be honest I find a lot strange about dinosaurs. I actually remember a few years ago asking my sisters if dinosaurs really existed or if it was something they made up and told us as kids. They looked at me like I was dumb asf. I think it’s fine to have doubts and questions about things you don’t quite understand. :manny:

Sometimes we disagree on subjects but I'll never take your viewpoint on questioning things like a crazy person. I respect it.