Kids On The Internet Are Wishing They Were Born In The '90s

ultraflexed

Superstar
Daps
Thanks for keeping it 100, g!

I obviously have no recollection of the 80s, being born in '89...

Even the 90s, bro my earliest couple memories are from '93, when I was 4. And there's only a handful from 4-5, so the entire early part of the decade, 1990-92, I don't remember shyt...

How can I call myself a 90s baby lol..

My memory doesn't take off in a big way, to having more than just a handful of memories, until the late 90s. But I'm a 90s baby?

Get this too, I was in LA in the mid/late 90s, and I don't remember anything about 2Pac. Like his face and his name are memorable, but I don't actually remember when he died, and this was a kid at the time growing up in LA. The only videos I can remember seeing while he was alive are Keep Ya Head Up and To Live & Die In LA, but you know memory is an interesting thing----->I can remember seeing those videos around the time i was 5 or 6, but they didn't register to me or have any significance to me, know what i mean? Mostly because at 5-6 I was concerned with more child-centered things than superstar rappers, so I remember his name and his face vaguely, but he was a nobody to me at that age...

I remember the hype around Bad Boys vaguely, but I didn't get to go see it, so it's not something I actually watched or experienced until I was older...

I'm getting long-winded but in a nutshell I agree with you. I don't remember a day in the 80s, most of my 90s memory is late 90s, and at any rate it's not like I could care for myself in the 90s, I was a kid...

I seem to be the only person my age group unafraid to claim the 2000s. Bit I loved it, grew up in it and it shaped me and i have no problem saying it. I really don't understand why so many people in my age group belittle the 00s and try to align with an era they hardly remember, and/or were only functional to experience as children....life's education after your prepubescent years is when life truly begins...

Nah!

These people are dumb
If you wanted to grow up in the 90's you would need to have been born pre-1986
I was born in 81, in 89 I was 8.
So I do remember 86-89 vividly, i vividly remember the dark skin MJ era even though i fully remember Puerto rican who's bad MJ.
I remember buying moonwalker movie from "price club"/costco when it first came out in 87.

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
The 90's we were explorers, adventure because
We didn't have
Cell phones
Fast internet
Face time
Uber or lyft

So when we wanted to so do something we really had to get out there and make it happen

We were less sensitive
The passive aggressive sh#t was dead

We were more engage with our surrounding but less global

These are also reasons why I appreciate being someone who grew up in the 00s...

The internet wasn't something we all had access too, much less phones. It was late decade that really exploded, iPhone changed the game in the technology sphere and that wasn't until 2007, it's an important benchmark to distinguish...

If nikkas were teenage and young adults before then, you didn't really "grow up" with social media and technology like that, and our upbringing was more similar to 90s cats than people realize...

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
These are also reasons why I appreciate being someone who grew up in the 00s...

The internet wasn't something we all had access too, much less phones. It was late decade that really exploded, iPhone changed the game in the technology sphere and that wasn't until 2007, it's an important benchmark to distinguish...

If nikkas were teenage and young adults before then, you didn't really "grow up" with social media and technology like that, and our upbringing was more similar to 90s cats than people realize...
Yeah even for me being like 19 or 20 I remember when the Razr flip phone came out and that really changed the game it was the iphone before the iphone, infact it really spawned all that stupid ring tone stuff from 2004 until... and "always" being connected to the internet.

People were going crazy trying to get the razr, I feel like that's when companies really started to the see the power in black purchases it aint been the same since lol.

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
I was born in 81, in 89 I was 8.
So I do remember 86-89 vividly, i vividly remember the dark skin MJ era even though i fully remember Puerto rican who's bad MJ.
I remember buying moonwalker movie from "price club"/costco when it first came out in 87.

Rep on this...

I was telling cats my people introduced me to 80s stuff, but I wasn't around to claim it. I can't claim the 80s...

I loved all that old Mike shyt, California Raisins, The Wonder Years, Growing Pains, Mama's Family, Married With Children, Whitney Houston and Sade and Luther and Janet, etc. But I was introduced to that, I can't claim that era as someone who lived in it and experienced it!

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
Yeah even for me being like 19 or 20 I remember when the Razr flip phone came out and that really changed the game it was the iphone before the iphone, infact it really spawned all that stupid ring tone stuff from 2004 until... and "always" being connected to the internet.

People were going crazy trying to get the razr, I feel like that's when companies really started to the see the power in black purchases it aint been the same since lol.

See being a little younger, the flips didn't make a big impact on those of us still in school. I remember the chirps becoming really popular in 05-06, that was the year you could start to see a shift at my age...

You're a few years older so for young adults, the Razr/flips probably hit yall differently. But at that time, kids were still in schools without phones and there were computer labs you went, schools were still teaching us how to use the internet...

Lol in 2004 was my sophomore year and I had a class that year where they still quizzed us on how to probably turn on a computer and use a search bar...

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
:mjlol:

Being a kid in the 90's probably was pretty cool, but you know what was better than being a kid in the 90's? Being a young teen in the 90's, literally everything you got to do as a kid we got to do as a teen we got to experience along with the freedom of being like a few years older.

Being around and being active in the 90's is a whole different experience than being born in 1992 and being 10 in 2002, being 10 in 2002 compared to being like 17 in 2002 is a completely different experience. Yall got to experience somethings but for the most part its still second hand stories from 80's babies and even some late 70's babies that had a great time.
All this. Being a teen in the 90s was truly a blessing

ultraflexed

Superstar
Daps
:wow:all i wanted was a walkman
:wow:and when i finally got one, it was all i dreamed it to be
:mjcry:also sega genesis was a thing of beauty

In 87 I had the Sega master system with shinombi and rocky 4 game

In 89 I got the genesis with alterbeast game included:wow: