Key and peele str8 c00nin with this sketch

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
Not gonna lie I laughed at that whole "Saffron Johnson" Gay Laker player skit Peele did when he was back on Mad TV years ago

but you grow older and wiser and stuff they do just makes you cringe more and more....

Speaking of c00ns......what are your thoughts on the news of Rodman's 3rd visit to North Korea recently and how he plans again to go in June....I mean they are using him like a minstrel show and the saddest thing is that he is so naïve that he cannot see that....I predict a future scandal showing them clowning him behind his back....

Yeah, I mean, don't get me wrong, they've had some funny skits before, they have their moments :

It's just that like half their skits seem to revolve around tired, racial humor focused on blacks.

These dudes aren't even particularly edgy or clever, they are *extremely* predictable most of the time with their racial skits.

In regards to Rodman...man I don't even know what to think of that clown....:pachaha:

Seems like a massive troll.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
On a whole nother level too

The question is, is it satirically funny or :camby:status?

My brothaz and sistaz, the others will infiltrate and try to conflict us
An intelligent man should know that others will try to trick you into fighting for an unworthy cause
Al Sharpton was the c00n :3cept: who killed off the Trayvon Movement
nikkahs B. Wildin is testing the mental fortitude of the online grassroot
How easy can brothaz be lead astray

Is he doing this on purpose or via overzealousness... that, cannot be determined from his post on pg.1
I haven't seen pg.2, but the skit was fine imo. It wasn't a hilarious skit, but that had nothing to do with the content
More so, the execution. In fact, the skit is funnier in hindsight. I'm laughing right this second at how non offensive it was
"Blacker than my mammies bottom" :russ:

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Their 'dumb racial degrading' skits as you call them have always been about ridiculing the wannabe black militants who to each other act like they're the biggest representative of the proud black race, only to fold faster than a cheap suit when push comes to shove. The sketch in the opening post, the slave auction sketch you posted and the much talked about sex with black guys sketch all make that point, that what people are claiming to be doesn't add up to what they're doing.
:what:

Diyhai

En Causa Sui
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Boondocks balances itself out IMO.
It doesn't present just "one" view.
It takes multiple examinations of the same topic
from the perspective of different characters.
Uncle Ruckus, Riley and Huey in particular present
three very different view points.
Not after the 1st season
Shyt was c00nery

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not after the 1st season
Shyt was c00nery
I disagree, I think every season they presented
different views on the same thing.
Whether that was the election of president obama
or a look at identity and subscribing to the ridiculous
ideals of studio gangsters.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I can see where the humor lays. I'm not one of those people who can't take a joke but I find it hard to laugh at the humor and be offended by how we were represented or portrayed in Hollywood during those times (birth of a nation, stepin fetchit).

I find it hard to laugh because I feel like the family members in the sketch who are appalled, but peele does play the part well

Spliff

Godzilla got busy.
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
this is what happens when you have half breeds represent your race.

i know we didn't personally put 'em up there, i'm just saying. they'll have no racial loyalty like chappelle, they wont mind if they're making a complete mockery of black folks -- and when they aint doing that, they'll be doing some gay ass shyt instead

edit: just saw the clip and i hate to admit the premise made me laugh. :dead: but yeah they still kewnin tho

What's a coli thread without sweeping generalizations :blessed:

No Sleep

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Souf Caro
Said it once will say it again they're not funny. They're geared more towards a white comics sense on humor. No punch in their jokes or skits either.

Bingoman

Rookie
Daps
The irony about this is that they're doing the same damage currently by doing the same thing highlighted in that sketch.

I didn't find it funny, but I know white people will. :mjpls:
some white people were just uncomfortable.

Bingoman

Rookie
Daps
If you found it uncomfortable, then I'll apologize for the blanket statement. My experience with white people and this show is that they eat all of their skits up. :skip:
not going to speak for all white people but just like other viewers, i find some skits :bryan: some :ld: others :dahell: and sometimes :whoa: