Key and peele str8 c00nin with this sketch

HoloGraphic

Trillionaire
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Straight c00nery.

They are bringing back black face and just because they show negative reactions doesn't mean it's satire. They already said and did what they needed to say. Why are the very old stereotypes being brought up again? And to MOCK the civil rights movement right after. Disgusting.

This is black people in black face. Nothing funny about it.

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Bushed
Daps
I downloaded season 1 awhile back and I'm on episode 4 now and the things they say about Africa etc. I don't know how people allow them to get away with this shyt.

Last edited:

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
:heh: blacks tend to appreciate all forms of comedy, stop with these pathetic generalizations about what we like or dont like in comedy

Of course, but a majority like that loud, physical stuff. Look at what's popular in our community. Madea, Kevin Hart, Katt Williams a while ago, Chris Rock, Dave Chappelle, Sheryl Underwood

Again, name me some subtle comics who make it big with a black audience.

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
Calling the OP video c00ning is like saying this sketch is making fun of burn victims and people in wheelchairs.

Calling someone "c00ning" is saying that they are holding the race back in some fashion...how does that have anything to do with acknowledging that they are or are not making fun of burn victims.

FWIW, I don't think that they are poking fun at the disabled in that clip...they are making light of the situation revolving around a disabled person, but there is some nuance there.

Their skits with black folks, such as the "College Bowl" clips above, are pure and utter jokes at our expense. "OMG, have you guys ever seen the pre-game introductions? Aren't those ****** NAMES just hilarious!!!!!"

Some major points :

1) They rarely make fun of the disabled on this show. As has been noted, the issue that many have is that they are consistently mining the black community for the target of their "humor".

2) They *aren't* disabled...so even if someone considered this mean-spirited, it would never be considered a *CO-SIGN* from the disabled community. The issue that I and others have is that these two half-breeds consistently claim to be AA's, so when half their program revolves around racial stereotypes, for a mostly non-black audience, it basically sends a message out to everyone "Oh, it's cool to be racist, because *we* don't even mind it".

3) Who cares? Honestly, it's not about fairness...it's about winning. I'm concerned about my black community and nothing else. Black folks are too "kumbaya'ish" about this shyt, white folks been bytching about double standards for decades and many have internalized that shyt and now we are the first to stand up and say "Well, to be fair, those stereotypes are true for some..." or "well, they make fun of everyone so.." That's not tactical or smart. We need to be more like the Jews (And the Gays are slowly becoming like this as well)....hands fukking off, I give a fukk about what outside groups are doing. If the disabled wanna critique them, let them.

Last edited:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Calling someone "c00ning" is saying that they are holding the race back in some fashion...how does that have anything to do with acknowledging that they are or are not making fun of burn victims.

FWIW, I don't think that they are poking fun at the disabled in that clip...they are making light of the situation revolving around a disabled person, but there is some nuance there.

Their skits with black folks, such as the "College Bowl" clips above, are pure and utter jokes at our expense. "OMG, have you guys ever seen the pre-game introductions? Aren't those ****** NAMES just hilarious!!!!!"

Some major points :

1) They rarely make fun of the disabled on this show. As has been noted, the issue that many have is that they are consistently mining the black community for the target of their "humor".

2) They *aren't* disabled...so even if someone considered this mean-spirited, it would never be considered a *CO-SIGN* from the disabled community. The issue that I and others have is that these two half-breeds consistently claim to be AA's, so when half their program revolves around racial stereotypes, for a mostly non-black audience, it basically sends a message out to everyone "Oh, it's cool to be racist, because *we* don't even mind it".

3) Who cares? Honestly, it's not about fairness...it's about winning. I'm concerned about my black community and nothing else. Black folks are too "kumbaya'ish" about this shyt, white folks been bytching about double standards for decades and many have internalized that shyt and now we are the first to stand up and say "Well, to be fair, those stereotypes are true for some..." or "well, they make fun of everyone so.." That's not tactical or smart. We need to be more like the Jews (And the Gays are slowly becoming like this as well)....hands fukking off, I give a fukk about what outside groups are doing. If the disabled wanna critique them, let them.

But they do make fun of homosexuals (or at least the over-the-top queer ones).

Or the general stupidity of uppity white girls.

Crakface

Daps
Reppin
L.A
shyt was kinda funny. Showed how nikkas will commemorate and honor a man who was a straight up c00n. Sadly, these are the brothas that opened doors for people like Denzel. :manny:

TRFG

Not who you think
Daps
do you watch key & peele show :comeon: 75% of the skits on some dumb racial degrading shyt. they've had about 4 skits now that serve as nothing more than to ridicule "black" names. then there's this:

:comeon: im still waiting for them to make some skits that make fun of white ppl and jews

:wow:

Daps
I laughed at the first video...:russ:

that slave auction shyt was way worse tho...not funny and mad uncomfortable.

k&p skits are up and down with the humor.

BUT..alot of you in here have sand in your vaginas and just like to bytch and complain:sas2:

TRFG

Not who you think
Daps
I laughed at the first video...:russ:

that slave auction shyt was way worse tho...not funny and mad uncomfortable.

k&p skits are up and down with the humor.

BUT..alot of you in here have sand in your vaginas and just like to bytch and complain:sas2:

I don't know how any black man can make a video like that

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
:childplease:

Anyone that thinks this was kewnin wasn't watching the sketch. If anything it was one of the Blackest things they've done since they had the show. The undertone is that most of our revolutionaties in acting had to walk a shameful path to open doors for us, and that we should judge others by their best achievements and not their lowest moments. Low key it was a tribute to Steppin Fetchit.

J-Fire

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Well, 90% of Def Comedy Jam/Comic View comics were loud, obvious, and over-the-top. How many popular,subtle black comics do you know?

There's Hannibal Buress, but he's a lot more popular with white folks than black people.

Fast forward to 2018. Hannibal Buress is famous for Dry Lynching Bill Cosby....life comes at ya fast!