Key and peele str8 c00nin with this sketch

J-Fire

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
even if both were kewning, does that make K&P right? these skits are horrible and it's nothing but cacs laughing it up in the comment sections

I get the skits...but the execution and buildup is entirely toooo long and losses it's luster for a skit. they are not good at becoming a character like Chappelle and can still hit line after line from the jump. They on the Shakespeare let the comedy build up by the end of a 3hr performance.

White people don't mind the build up....You gotta hit black people from the beginning and you can ask a black comic how white people are more patient and will laugh at the little things. black comics had a discussion on the radio about racial differences and how it's harder to perform for blacks as you need to come out firing and actually be over the top...Think Corey Holcomb was speaking on it too as he was gonna be at the DC improv with Guy Torrey or something. Brothas ain't trying to hear a build-up story like bill cosby used to do back in the day.

... you sounding pretty insecure over common jokes/sterotypes that are repackaged. haven't seen anything that pushed the limits chappelle did so I don't check for them like that. K&P telling the safe jokes anyways.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I get the skits...but the execution and buildup is entirely toooo long and losses it's luster for a skit. they are not good at becoming a character like Chappelle and can still hit line after line from the jump. They on the Shakespeare let the comedy build up by the end of a 3hr performance.

White people don't mind the build up....You gotta hit black people from the beginning and you can ask a black comic how white people are more patient and will laugh at the little things. black comics had a discussion on the radio about racial differences and how it's harder to perform for blacks as you need to come out firing and actually be over the top...Think Corey Holcomb was speaking on it too as he was gonna be at the DC improv with Guy Torrey or something. Brothas ain't trying to hear a build-up story like bill cosby used to do back in the day.

make excuses for unfunny comedians, brehs.

... you sounding pretty insecure over common jokes/sterotypes that are repackaged. haven't seen anything that pushed the limits chappelle did so I don't check for them like that. K&P telling the safe jokes anyways.
you must be a half breed, i'm hearing this a lot of from y'all on here, just cus i dont like the idea of half breeds representing the black race :todd:

GoddamnyamanProf

Countdown to Armageddon
Daps
See this is more offensive than anything in the videos lol

J-Fire

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
make excuses for unfunny comedians, brehs.

you must be a half breed, i'm hearing this a lot of from y'all on here, just cus i dont like the idea of half breeds representing the black race :todd:

i'm black as the day is long. okay...you don't like him and you make it racial and claim only white people like him because of some google comments, hahaha.

you don't find it funny. end of story....but plenty of people do and are entertained. I don't find them that funny....but i'm not criticizing people that do. not everyone has the same sense of humor.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
i'm black as the day is long. okay...you don't like him and you make it racial and claim only white people like him because of some google comments, hahaha.

you don't find it funny. end of story....but plenty of people do and are entertained. I don't find them that funny....but i'm not criticizing people that do. not everyone has the same sense of humor.

who is "him"?

and am i the one making it racial or are the skits itself racial?

J-Fire

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
See this is more offensive than anything in the videos lol

was on WPGC or 93.9 in DC.

but that is well known. You can see it in Chris Rock once he did stand-up at a high level in the 90's.
Chris Rock stand-up voice is not his movie or real-life voice by any means. Chris Rock switches it up for his black audience and there is no denying it.

Chris Rock the stand-up is not the same as natural chris rock. natural chris rock is kinda funny, but not like kevin hart.

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
Comparing K&P to Chappelle isn't fair. Two different types of sketch comedy. K&P skits often build to a crescendo and get crazier with every passing second. There aren't meant to be many laughs in the beginning. It's not necessarily inferior; it's just a different way to do things.

GoddamnyamanProf

Countdown to Armageddon
Daps
was on WPGC or 93.9 in DC.

but that is well known. You can see it in Chris Rock once he did stand-up at a high level in the 90's.
Chris Rock stand-up voice is not his movie or real-life voice by any means. Chris Rock switches it up for his black audience and there is no denying it.

Chris Rock the stand-up is not the same as natural chris rock. natural chris rock is kinda funny, but not like kevin hart.
So you're saying that black humor has to be loud, obvious and over the top because black people can't appreciate subtle humor?

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
So you're saying that black humor has to be loud, obvious and over the top because black people can't appreciate subtle humor?

Well, 90% of Def Comedy Jam/Comic View comics were loud, obvious, and over-the-top. How many popular,subtle black comics do you know?

There's Hannibal Buress, but he's a lot more popular with white folks than black people.

J-Fire

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL

In a stand-up realm subtle humor gets labeled corny. Bill Cosby is one of the last that can get away with story telling and subtle humor because he's old.

when it comes to TV sitcoms blacks appreciate subtle humor without a doubt.... but not from a stand-up, late night, or sketch comedy show. you gotta hit hard outside of a sitcom!

J-Fire

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Comparing K&P to Chappelle isn't fair. Two different types of sketch comedy. K&P skits often build to a crescendo and get crazier with every passing second. There aren't meant to be many laughs in the beginning. It's not necessarily inferior; it's just a different way to do things.

that's sitcom humor.

sketch comedy, stand-up, late night shows is like attending an event and black people want to party and hear quick hitting jokes and for things to get kinda wild. Hell...that's how my black ass feels about the situation so I ain't no better in that regard, hahaha.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:heh: blacks tend to appreciate all forms of comedy, stop with these pathetic generalizations about what we like or dont like in comedy

Diyhai

En Causa Sui
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I disagree, I think every season they presented
different views on the same thing.
Whether that was the election of president obama
or a look at identity and subscribing to the ridiculous
ideals of studio gangsters.
the 1st season I felt like Huey balanced out Riley
Huey actually spoke up
The seasons after Riley and Uncle Ruckus just went wild
While Huey shook his head but and say shyt

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
the 1st season I felt like Huey balanced out Riley
Huey actually spoke up
The seasons after Riley and Uncle Ruckus just went wild
While Huey shook his head but and say shyt
wasn't that part of the storyline though? huey giving up on trying to preach to everyone