☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Louisville's Kevin Ware never wants to see video of broken leg - CNN.com

Louisville's Ware to CNN: 'I honestly never want to see the video' of broken leg

By Michael Martinez, CNN
updated 4:26 PM EDT, Wed April 3, 2013

(CNN) -- University of Louisville guard Kevin Ware doesn't want to see any replays of his severely broken leg, suffered during a weekend basketball game on national television, he told CNN Wednesday.

"I don't plan on seeing the video. I honestly never want to see the video. It puts me in a mental state that I don't want to be," he said.

The gruesome injury, in which his right shin bone snapped and protruded though the skin, was part of "God's plan," he added. His teammates were horrified to see it on the court Sunday.

"This is all God. This is all God's plan. He would never let anything happen that He wouldn't want to happen," he told CNN.

His mother, Lisa, who was sitting beside him during the interview, said the incident during the NCAA basketball tournament upset her.

"I just lost it," she said. "It really did look that bad."

Earlier Wednesday, Ware recounted his shock over the severely broken leg.
"I look down and I see my bone is 6 inches out of my leg and I go into automatic shock," he told reporters at a news conference.

Teammate Luke Hancock went to Ware and said a prayer for him.
Ware said to himself that "I'm either going to cry ... or I'm just going to try to say some words (to help the team). We beat Duke by 22, so I guess my word got through good enough."

"Luke is a great guy," he said.

The bad break occurred after Ware jumped to contest a shot.
Louisville player, injured badly on Sunday, out of hospital
"I kind of joke a little bit, like I should have blocked the shot because I jumped so high, but I guess I just landed wrong and didn't see where I was landing, so that's kind of what caused the injury," Ware said.

He said he believes there's a reason for everything, but "I don't know what the reason is going to be" for the injury.
"It is just a process. I'm ready for it," he said.
He said he was surprised to see his teammates' tearful and distressed reactions.

"Everybody was in real shock, and just looking around and seeing that, it was devastating," said Ware, who was using crutches Wednesday.

"But they pulled it through, and that's really most important right now. We still have a season, and we don't want our season to end, so got to get the job done," Ware said.

Coach Rick Pitino sat beside him as he recalled the incident.
Ware could be playing again in less than a year
In a two-hour surgery, Ware's broken tibia was straightened and a rod was inserted into it, according to a statement from Kenneth Klein, senior associate athletic director for media relations at the university.

A photo posted on the Internet shows Ware's jubilant teammates holding up his jersey as they celebrated their win over Duke, which sent them to the tournament Final Four this coming weekend in Atlanta. Another showed Ware in his hospital bed, holding the trophy his teammates brought to him.
Ware has been touched by the public support.

"I'm a very quiet guy, so a lot of this is really new to me, you know," Ware said. "I really just appreciate everybody and the support I have right now.
"I'll be fine, but (we've) still got to win this championship," he added.
His doctors asked Ware whether he had previous shin problems, but he told them he's never had such issues.

The Cardinals will take on the Wichita State Shockers at 6:05 p.m. ET on Saturday.

School officials told CNN that Ware will be able to travel with his teammates when they fly to Atlanta on Wednesday night.

Did god have a bracket to protect? :heh: :blessed: :sitdown:

I'd love to see how theists weasle themselves out of this mental pretzel. :mjpls:

Let me guess. He loves you? :russ:

Its basically stockholm syndrome. :troll:

ThugLife

Diehard Jimmy Buckets fan
Daps
Reppin
I bought a Carbon 15 when I was 18
You tryin too hard

utuhk.gif

ugksam

The White King TuT
Daps
The whole God's plan thing is kind of bullshyt. It would also have to mean that God wants some people to be born in places where there is no medical care, diseases are rampant, human starvation is an issue and militant warlords will come and kill you in your sleep. thanks for choosing me to be white and american God.

Chris.B

Banned
Daps
"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and find out in the end that there isn't one than to live my life as if there isn't a God and find out in the end that there IS a God."

Atheist are in for a rude awakening in HELL if there is a God which I know there is...........

cleanface coney

Superstar
Daps
"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and find out in the end that there isn't one than to live my life as if there isn't a God and find out in the end that there IS a God."

Atheist are in for a rude awakening in HELL if there is a God which I think there is...........

when did people start disrespecting spirituality so openly?

i dont get it man

mtu wa chuma

archangel of terror
Supporter
Daps
Black people truly disgust me with this obsession with the white man's god. Seriously is there any other race that worships a god that looks nothing like them? Indians, arabs, chinese, ,japanese all worship their own gods formed by their ancestors that looks just like them, yet here we are worshipping a god that looks like the exact people that have brought nothing but misery to your ancestors. Complete madness.

You're going to be stupid and worship some false god, at least have one in your image.

god shamgod

Veteran
Daps
They're brainwashed idiots.They really buy into that "God's plan" bullshyt

I'll never forget about 3-4 years ago this senior citizen gets killed on christmas eve at popeyes.He was coppin the chicken for a christmas party for his friends and wife.He gets robbed and senselessly killed by some homeless ex con crackhead and his widowed wife said some stupid sheep shyt like "God will fix this" or somethin like that.I was shakin my head feelin bad for her

cleanface coney

Superstar
Daps
Black people truly disgust me with this obsession with the white man's god. Seriously is there any other race that worships a god that looks nothing like them? Indians, arabs, chinese, ,japanese all worship their own gods formed by their ancestors that looks just like them, yet here we are worshipping a god that looks like the exact people that have brought nothing but misery to your ancestors. Complete madness.

You're going to be stupid and worship some false god, at least have one in your image.

ive never in my life seen someone attempt to depict what God looks like

do you mean prophets?

cleanface coney

Superstar
Daps
it's the "cool" thing to do. It makes them sound "smart"
Nothing cool about that hell fire I can tell you that :obama3:

agree 100% cuz if that wasnt the case they wouldnt have to disrespect religion and spirituality so much

ugksam

The White King TuT
Daps

Atheist are in for a rude awakening in HELL if there is a God which I know there is...........

u act as if all atheists are murders and criminals

mtu wa chuma

archangel of terror
Supporter
Daps
ive never in my life seen someone attempt to depict what God looks like

do you mean prophets?

What does it matter? Christianity is not for Africans. Do you realize how silly you look worshipping this god? Try and imagine a black man worshipping some budhist god, wearing budhist clothes and see how stupid he looks. Same thing.

Chris.B

Banned
Daps
u act as if all atheists are murders and criminals

We are talking about eternal salvation here.

There are plenty of good people who will go to hell not because they are bad people but because they don't believe :yeshrug:

Sunalmighty

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Oakland, Ca
Maybe he felt inspired lol. I dunno, I mean people sometimes takes things serious. LIFE HAPPENS to us all, believing and non believing. Scripture says, "rain falls on the just and the unjust". Everyone goes through something horrific at times in life.

Costanza

lord of the idiots
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Jerrys place
it's the "cool" thing to do. It makes them sound "smart"

Nothing cool about that hell fire I can tell you that :obama3:

Why would I worship a god who would throw me into hell even if I lived a virtuous life, because I didnt believe conjecture that has served and been severely altered by white patriarchs for centuries.

That's what doesnt make sense to me, youre saying i should be afraid to question the notion of god because I'm going to go to hell?

When you pick a stance like that i feel it is my duty to disrespect it. real talk.