Kevin Gates On The Combat Jack Show

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
But on the real that interview would have went on forever. It's like talking to a crazy homeless person. And he clearly needs to humble himself and get some help. That's crazy be unhappy all this time over that woman. Accept and move on with your life. You'll be depress forever reliving that everyday.

OG Talk

Archived
Daps
Reppin
Heaven on Earth
explain. what logic are you referring to that is lacking?
He's saying he doesn't see color but in many interviews has described himself as Puerto Rican and not Black.. He constantly goes out of his way to say two things.. 1. He doesn't see color. 2. He isn't a Black man. Then in the next statement he will say that only Black people have done him wrong in his life... (If you don't see color, how do you come to that conclusion?)

He often boasts about his intellect and how he has a masters in psychology..But doesn't know the difference between a psychologist and psychiatrist and claims that only the weak have any use for either of them...

In one sentence he is saying how if a Black man disrespects him he will send his mom shopping for a Black dress...But when he's questioned about white supremacy and police brutality he says "I'm institutionalized and can't worry about the things I don't have the power to change"

This is the main problem I have with these super thug n1ggas and why I'm starting to feel they are the weak link in our community..They are often 'The Terminator' when it comes to addressing slights against them by people that look like them..But when the people that are REALLY giving them hell are brought up they want to get philosophical, rational or straight up quiet as church mice...

Dude is pretty articulate for a rapper and knows how to ear hustle like T.I. But if you really listen to what he's saying and break it down, the dots just don't connect..

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
He's saying he doesn't see color but in many interviews has described himself as Puerto Rican and not Black.. He constantly goes out of his way to say two things.. 1. He doesn't see color. 2. He isn't a Black man. Then in the next statement he will say that only Black people have done him wrong in his life... (If you don't see color, how do you come to that conclusion?)

He often boasts about his intellect and how he has a masters in psychology..But doesn't know the difference between a psychologist and psychiatrist and claims that only the weak have any use for either of them...

In one sentence he is saying how if a Black man disrespects him he will send his mom shopping for a Black dress...But when he's questioned about white supremacy and police brutality he says "I'm institutionalized and can't worry about the things I don't have the power to change"

This is the main problem I have with these super thug n1ggas and why I'm starting to feel they are the weak link in our community..They are often 'The Terminator' when it comes to addressing slights against them by people that look like them..But when the people that are REALLY giving them hell are brought up they want to get philosophical, rational or straight up quiet as church mice...

Dude is pretty articulate for a rapper and knows how to ear hustle like T.I. But if you really listen to what he's saying and break it down, the dots just don't connect..

He's making sure you understand :mjpls:

desp

SO MUCH FUN
Daps
Yeah, I fukk with his interviews but his views on race low key piss me off. When he said in this interview, "I ain't never have to shoot no white boy" shyt had me :what:

desp

SO MUCH FUN
Daps
I think one big problem with Gates is he's narcissistic as fukk. He always tries to randomly insert some irrelevant shyt about himself.

"So how you feel about Ferguson?" "Me being an intelligent individual..."

"So what's the new single?" "You know, me having a masters in psychology..." :skip:

bouncy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL

They are definitely the weak links. Them and the loud mouth ratchet chicks. It's scary because they have a lot of influence on younger people who think that shyt is cool, only to find out when they get older, that mentality keeps you trapped.

Another thing I don't get about guys like him is, you so tough, and analyze yourself, but you can't get over one chick? I can see if you need to be in relationships all the time, but ONE person is keeping you from being happy, and they came into your life for only a few years? That sounds like a weak person so to me.

PimpHandStrong

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Decatur where its greater

out of everything this is what left me perplexed more than anything. Kind of a defeatist attitude.

DarkmanX

All Star
Daps

I feel what you're saying, but i do feel some black people take that saying a lil bit out of context.

All they're really saying is that they're not african american. It's ignorant, cuz clearly it ain't just african americans who are black & black is a race, not ethnicity, but that's what they're really saying when they say "i aint black". At least alot of the times.

Long Live The Kane

Tyrant Titan
Daps
Yeah...i think i've reached my limit on Gates interviews...he gave pretty much identical interviews to everybody during this latest nyc promo run...with the exception that i could have SWORE this nikka said on a interview i saw last week (may have been Sway) that his baby mama is the love of his life, she his manager or some sh!t and handles all of his business and goes everywhere he goes...then on this combat jack interview he's talking about he hasn't been happy in 5 years because he broke up with an ex who was the only woman he ever loved :dwillhuh:

bouncy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I feel what you're saying, but i do feel some black people take that saying a lil bit out of context.

All they're really saying is that they're not african american. It's ignorant, cuz clearly it ain't just african americans who are black & black is a race, not ethnicity, but that's what they're really saying when they say "i aint black". At least alot of the times.
True but he said he hates the word black, it's about humanity to him. I think he just has issues with who he is because he kept saying his family don't look like him. I'm assuming he means his mother's side because he didn't talk about his pops. He probably heard some black jokes growing up, and it effected him to the point he doesn't want to be called black because when he talked about being black he got mad. "I HATE that word black":beli:

desp

SO MUCH FUN
Daps
For real!

You ain't have to shoot no white boy because you don't live around them! What kinds of logic these nikkas have?:mjlol:
Exactly. He's definitely an intelligent dude and he does drop some gems, but it's mostly gems relating to psychology. When he starts speaking on other issues he shows that his narcissistic attitude makes him believe he's a lot smarter than he actually is. That's the reason why he avoids a topic like Ferguson and just keeps talking about himself.