Kevin Gates On The Combat Jack Show

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
is he talking about depression, his masters in psychology & how he's not trapped in the confines of masculinity for the 10th time?
*gets asked about New Orleans saints*

You see brother I have a masters in psychology *smiles while rubbing chin* so I don't operate in the lane of delusion. Could they win 14 games this year? Possibly. But are we winning on the field of life brother? That's something you gotta answer, ya feel me? :sas2:

Kalik

Rasta in Babylon
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Florida / Bahamas
I think that's his reasons on the surface but, when he said "I HATE that word black" I was like:upsetfavre:. His father or mother was obviously black, because he kept saying his family don't look like him, meaning the puerto ricans in his family must look like white puerto ricans or like the ones who show more of their white/taino mixture instead of the white/black mixture.. To me that sounds like a case of your family dissing you because you look different, and that effected him. How can you hate a word that describes a color with such passion, unless something happened to you that made you feel that way.
You know how many black people tell you all your life you aint black. You mixed, You white....

I still claim Black... he just to me, seems to accept that well, I aint Black. My full blood brother does the same.

Happens daily on the Coli too.

I am Black tho...

I'm just now (as recently as a few months ago) getting hip to Kevin Gates. I'm no psyshologist, but son definitely has STRONG hints of Borderline Personality Disorder, Narcissistic Personality Disorder, and Depressive Personality Disorder. Slightly sociopathic tendencies when speaking. Wants to be viewed as an anamoly but wants to be taken seriously. Wants to be loved without acknowledging he does. Wants to be feared while making absolutely no sense at times to anyone but himself, even with implied threats or self-ego-stroking. Has been through, done and seen a lot, but has problems translating that into laymans terms without coming off as condescending, holier-than-thou, or superior. Has an institutionalized mindframe in that his ways of thinking (most likely sparked by the same situations in early life that he channeled into illegal activity) were tempered and amplified with his prison stay. The isolation, reflection time, and ability to constantly think clearly without too much interruption, as well as the inherent ability to observe human nature (inmantes/C.O.s) all contributed to this.
Truth sounds like me also....minus the incarcerations. My reflection of human nature was when I moved and immigrated to another country and was alone for a period of time tryna fit in. Illegal activity I think all hustlers dabble in...

Last edited:

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Gates needs to table all these interviews b/c he starting to sound like a broken record. He reminds me of my cousin from Louisiana who was locked up and emotional as hell and goes off on everything and wants to argue all the time.

up in here

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Finally getting through this interview, this dude is fukking crazy. I just know Jack and Pete was mentally thinking "this dude is full of shyt" but they was trying not to come out with it. They did a good job with this interview.

Edit: just finished, lmao at Pete calling Gates out on his BS. Felt like it was about to go down for a minute but Jack kept it civil.

Last edited:

zerozero

Superstar
Daps
:ohhh: this dude creeped me out a bit with the whole "i can't tell you how old I really am.." thing