Kevin Gates On The Combat Jack Show

Long Live The Kane

Tyrant Titan
Daps
To be fair, he did acknowledge the repetitiveness of his interviews at the beginning of this interview. He said all his interviews sound exactly the same, which is fair, because if he keeps getting asked the same questions, he keeps it consistent.

i can dig it...i also think part of the reason he's laying the whole "Rap Game Rust Cohle" stuff on so thick is because he wanted to get out ahead of the "I eat booty" sh!t and let people not familiar with his movement know that he's not just some stupid, ignorant down south rapper famous for eating ass via social media memes...i think he succeeded in that regard...just seemed a lil bit too rehearsed with the canned answers, but that happens a lot nowadays when rappers are doing 6 interviews in one day and all the sites are putting them out at the same time

CHILLL

All Star
Daps
Listening right now , this is prolly the 2nd or 3rd interview I've heard with Gates. So I'm unfamiliar with "mental gymnastics" and "Masters in Psychology," I really thought he had one :mjlol:

I checked some his music a while back, but nothing recently. But, this nikka talks like T.I. with his delivery and vocabulary, and his description of depression and goin thru shyt like he Z-Ro
he dont?

drugxglory

Street Struck
Daps
Reppin
CALiFORNiA
But on the real that interview would have went on forever. It's like talking to a crazy homeless person. And he clearly needs to humble himself and get some help. That's crazy be unhappy all this time over that woman. Accept and move on with your life. You'll be depress forever reliving that everyday.
:mjlol:

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
Someone put me on. All I ever hear about from dude is how he would drink a bytch piss, suck her farts, and other outrageous shyt

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
He's saying he doesn't see color but in many interviews has described himself as Puerto Rican and not Black.. He constantly goes out of his way to say two things.. 1. He doesn't see color. 2. He isn't a Black man. Then in the next statement he will say that only Black people have done him wrong in his life... (If you don't see color, how do you come to that conclusion?)

He often boasts about his intellect and how he has a masters in psychology..But doesn't know the difference between a psychologist and psychiatrist and claims that only the weak have any use for either of them...

In one sentence he is saying how if a Black man disrespects him he will send his mom shopping for a Black dress...But when he's questioned about white supremacy and police brutality he says "I'm institutionalized and can't worry about the things I don't have the power to change"

This is the main problem I have with these super thug n1ggas and why I'm starting to feel they are the weak link in our community..They are often 'The Terminator' when it comes to addressing slights against them by people that look like them..But when the people that are REALLY giving them hell are brought up they want to get philosophical, rational or straight up quiet as church mice...

Dude is pretty articulate for a rapper and knows how to ear hustle like T.I. But if you really listen to what he's saying and break it down, the dots just don't connect..

:wow:

DaveyDave

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Australia
some shytty rapper ok

Yup, I tried a few songs but they were weak. Good to see Combat doing the up and comers as well as the vets. @CombatJack you still talk to Robbie from Unkut? Would be dope to hear your guys views on foreign Hip Hop. Aussie stuff in particular. A couple of acts are starting to get some recognition over there and no I'm not talking about fukk ass shytty Iggy Azalea

G.O.A.T Squad Spokesman

Logic Is Absent Wherever Hate Is Present
Daps
I'm tired of Premium Pete telling guests he's been to jail so they don't take him as just another white boy. Let the guests talk and stop jumping in like hop scotch to tell them about your bid.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
The wisdom on this :banderas:

Combat: "You know the world is never gonna understand you right?"
Gates: "...and guess what? Those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

:patrice:

Gates: "You know I do a lot of recreative reading. I might lay in the bed and just read to my woman, you know."
Combat: "What you reading right now man?"
Gates: "I'm not reading anything right now."
Combat: "Okay."
Gates: "I'm no...As of right now."
Combat: "Right right."

:to:

Combat: "I just gotta tell you this man.[...] You said that you know that you're older than you are."
Gates: "No, I don't believe that I'm older than I am. It just...yeah, I know how old I am. But if I was to tell you something you would not believe me, it does not sound believable."
Combat: "Well, to most people, but I think I got a pretty open mind."
Gates: "I think you would be receptive, but you have never heard what I would tell you."

:whew:

VyNm9xg.gif
VyNm9xg.gif
VyNm9xg.gif

Morose Polymath

GODHOOD
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds

Gates: "...and guess what? Those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

Gates: "You know I do a lot of recreative reading. I might lay in the bed and just read to my woman, you know."

Combat: "I just gotta tell you this man.[...] You said that you know that you're older than you are."
Gates: "No, I don't believe that I'm older than I am. It just...yeah, I know how old I am. But if I was to tell you something you would not believe me, it does not sound believable."
Gates: "I think you would be receptive, but you have never heard what I would tell you."

VyNm9xg.gif
VyNm9xg.gif
VyNm9xg.gif

:why:Didn't plan on peeping this podcast but based off the excerpt you just posted, I may have to!:russ:

Brock Landers

AKA Tyler Hands-thorough
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Torrance, CA

VyNm9xg.gif
VyNm9xg.gif
VyNm9xg.gif
:dead: dudes on that 'one fish two fish, red fish blue fish' steez