Kevin Gates On The Combat Jack Show

Poh SIti Dawn

Staying Positive, Getting Better Everyday. Holler!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why arent dirty cops a part of the game?...if you got them on the payroll and they turn a blind eye to the shyt you do on the streets and allow you to have enough breathing room to even be IN the game you damn right they apart of the game...and as far as Frank Lucas goes...he was a gangster before he snitched...after you snitch all stripes get taken to me...there's no such thing as selective snitching...you either snitch or don't snitch
This is the kinda stuff that kills me. You nikkas ain't ever move no weight or do anything near frank lucas . Neither has Kevin Gates. So who the fukk are you nikkas to give and take stripes.

bouncy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You think people only have disputes with people they live around
Of course not but if you are constantly having problems with people who don't live around you, that is not the norm, if it happens at all, unless you are gangbanging and actually looking to find someone to fukk up. How can you have constant problems with people you aren't around like that? Kevin Gates was saying he never had issues with whites but if he is in a segregated Baton Rouge, and he is hustling all day like he says, how the hell can he have beef with motherfukkers across town and need to clap at them all the time? It makes no sense!

Last edited:

A.V.

reTIreMEnt: THE ALBUM (01/22) ALL DSPs
Daps
Reppin
#AnyCityGang
I think one big problem with Gates is he's narcissistic as fukk. He always tries to randomly insert some irrelevant shyt about himself.

"So how you feel about Ferguson?" "Me being an intelligent individual..."

"So what's the new single?" "You know, me having a masters in psychology..." :skip:

I'm just now (as recently as a few months ago) getting hip to Kevin Gates. I'm no psyshologist, but son definitely has STRONG hints of Borderline Personality Disorder, Narcissistic Personality Disorder, and Depressive Personality Disorder. Slightly sociopathic tendencies when speaking. Wants to be viewed as an anamoly but wants to be taken seriously. Wants to be loved without acknowledging he does. Wants to be feared while making absolutely no sense at times to anyone but himself, even with implied threats or self-ego-stroking. Has been through, done and seen a lot, but has problems translating that into laymans terms without coming off as condescending, holier-than-thou, or superior. Has an institutionalized mindframe in that his ways of thinking (most likely sparked by the same situations in early life that he channeled into illegal activity) were tempered and amplified with his prison stay. The isolation, reflection time, and ability to constantly think clearly without too much interruption, as well as the inherent ability to observe human nature (inmantes/C.O.s) all contributed to this.

All of this probably played a part in his willingness to major in Psychology, as he WANTS to understand and be understood. But ultimately, he is his biggest barrier to doing either, seemingly, without him even noticing it. The funniest part of it all is that his hidden homosexual tendencies (any nikka who's been to prison can almost dead-on SPOT a nikka who done got sweet with another man --- it's in the eyes, body language & subtle cues in conversation) as well as his antics make him a thoroughly enjoyable character to listen to & watch. The excuses he makes, the double-talk, the delusions of grandeur...Is very entertaining. The even funnier thing is, people like this usually captivate enough others to gain a push, and some call it "star-power". He definitely has it in him. But let him get it all, then lose it...(a la DMX), and it'll be all she wrote for this nikka future.

Being someone who came from similar beginnings, I can relate to a lot of this nikka subject matter and interview material, but I'm still smart enough to recognize when I'M being a fool. I don't think he's progressed to that stage yet. And people who usually are fascinated by psychology, often use it for malice, are over-analytical to the point of almost driving themselves crazy, or are generally hard to understand. Which is partially why I chose Business Administration :russ: fukk that. Damn....holup.........I'm starting to sound like this nikka :ohhh:

It's not about me, fam.....:whoa: I ain't got no Masters in Psychology, b :no:

cam>

All Star
Daps
Smart dumb Nikka or dumb Nikka tryna sound smart? :patrice:

the latter
That "Masters in Psychology" shyt gets me every time :mjlol:

It's like I want to like the guy bc he seems harmless and at least introspective, but the insecurity, ego, blatant lies, contradictions and apoliticality/ social ignorance is just too much.

He gives the kind of interviews hipster fanboys would be impressed by.

Flay Mayweather

Superstar
Daps
the latter
That "Masters in Psychology" shyt gets me every time :mjlol:

It's like I want to like the guy bc he seems harmless and at least introspective, but the insecurity, ego, blatant lies, contradictions and apoliticality/ social ignorance is just too much.

He gives the kind of interviews hipster fanboys would be impressed by.

I fukks with Kevin Gates. His opinion and "deep" thoughts seem forced for some reason.

He has troubles communicating his thoughts. He promote negativity, but later he's against it. He want women to love him than he doesn't.

He just a Nikka that's at war with himself.

Poh SIti Dawn

Staying Positive, Getting Better Everyday. Holler!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I fukks with Kevin Gates. His opinion and "deep" thoughts seem forced for some reason.

He has troubles communicating his thoughts. He promote negativity, but later he's against it. He want women to love him than he doesn't.

He just a Nikka that's at war with himself.
That's usually the case when you're living a lie

RebelX

HEir
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
~~~
The crew of the Where's My 40 Acres podcast seems to think his mother may have molested him as a child.

Just listened to the podcast and they were clownin:pachaha: ... but they might be on to something with that :lupe:

Almost everyone in this thread thought the root of his depression was about an ex girlfriend when it was really about the damaged relationship that he has with his mom because he mad it sound mad weird.