KEVIN GATES-BLACK LIVES DONT MATTER

Young/Nacho\Drawz

...come on let's picture the possibility...
Daps
The host let him off too easy, his argument could have been refuted by her easily.

Could literally see the audience in shock too.

I remember saying in the other thread that I let the antics get in the way of actually checking dudes music and it looks like in doing that I was right...

I can't blindly support peoples shyt & actively empower financially or promote people with views like this because the music is decent, how is that any different from being a mindless consumer? Being entertained isn't that deep to me.
How do you refute opinions and what exactly did you have a problem with him saying? That all lives matter? That he may not have been beaten up by police if he had acted differently? What?

homiedontplaydat

Omniversal Guardian
Supporter
Daps
The problem with dumb people like Gates is he can't see past his own experiences. Not every black person who is harassed by the police is "street". Not every black person is beligerent when interacting with cops, even though I can understand why some of us are....it gets infuriating dealing with a cop that YOU KNOW is fukking with u because youre black.

http://gawker.com/autopsy-cops-shot-black-anime-cosplayer-four-times-in-1652268367

Ohio Walmart video reveals moments before officer killed John Crawford

Two black men murdered by police who were not being beligerent

letti cook

Superstar
Daps
man, i just read a story about a black woman who called the police cause some nikkas was fighting in her house and they shot her soon as she opened the door..i cant right now with this dude and nikkas of his ilk. fukk him

MrPentatonic

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How do you refute opinions and what exactly did you have a problem with him saying? That all lives matter? That he may not have been beaten up by police if he had acted differently? What?

By illustrating the real life scenarios where people weren't acting like a "******" & were still killed or viciously assaulted by the police.

What parts of Kevin gates interview did you agree with? Do you also think by acting less like "******s" that there will be less cases of extra judicial killings of black people?

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
".Listen to the words people say in their lyrics, and tell me, if that's some real shyt, if that's real to you, you know what I mean. Listen to what they sayin', don't just bob your head to the beat, peep the game, and listen to what Im saying. Hold us accountable for it "

Oh. yeah gates famous line. "Im not black im puerto rican":mjpls:

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
60 years ago you could be hung from a tree for telling a white woman she "looks pretty". Is that acting like a niggger?

I understand what he saying about how you conduct yourself can make a difference in treatment, but it's not the be all end all.

goatnole

BamaBoy!
Daps
Reppin
FSU
60 years ago you could be hung from a tree for telling a white woman she "looks pretty". Is that acting like a niggger?

I understand what he saying about how you conduct yourself can make a difference in treatment, but it's not the be all end all.
I guess James Blake was acting like a '******' and deserved to be assaulted.

Young/Nacho\Drawz

...come on let's picture the possibility...
Daps
By illustrating the real life scenarios where people weren't acting like a "******" & were still killed or viciously assaulted by the police.

What parts of Kevin gates interview did you agree with? Do you also think by acting less like "******s" that there will be less cases of extra judicial killings of black people?
Even if she did point that out it wouldn't take way from Kevin's point. He said in his experience xyz happened and it was because of xyz. He never said that that's the only time it happens to people. Just like I didn't say it either. We both were saying that it can play a role sometimes.

I have already stated my opinions on the interview. Just use the search tool and search this topic using my name.