Kevin Garnett's estranged wife looking for $200k a month in support

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
:mindblown:

Those aren't needed, if a man can't sit down and learn about finances then he has no need for the money.
I'm always curious as to why nikkas wanna flip money, you're already rich AF just protect it from inflation and you good.

It's been proven the number one way for women to get rich is from their ex husband or father. Breh should just hire hookers. marriage is for broke nikkas who can't spend $1,000 an hour.

I'm biased because I work in this field but...if you're a multi million dollar athlete/celeb/etc...you need a CPA. There is no "sit down and learn about finances" at play here, anymore than you'd "sit down and learn about medicine" instead of going to the doctor. Of course it's essential that these guys learn about finances, but there's only so much you can do before you need a professional. Especially for athletes, who have to pay taxes in every state they play in during the calendar year. Not to mention Canada (Toronto)...

If there's one professional you don't need, it's a financial adviser. Their rates alone will negate much of whatever percentage they get you in the market. An index fund beats their output on average, going back 30+ years.

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
id ont even know why athletes get married, you're on the road for half a year. Odds are you going to cheat, you retire in your thirties and can get married then if you want to.

Im pro marriage but i fully agree. Do it like jaylen rose :mjgrin:

But seriously pro sports aint conducive to a healthy marriage

Flywin Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Lannister Bloodline
Remember when we all thought those skinny jeans were his worst life decision?
:dwillhuh:

PRE-FUKKING-NUP. And "If you truly love me, we trust each other and there's no need for this baby" is bullshyt (things can end). Yes, SOME relationships will last long - for sure, but since things can change and because marriage is an act of love: marriage with a pre-nup protects both sides.

GoAggieGo.

getting blitzed.
Daps
Reppin
ATL via Tre 4
Yup. I keep saying it...athletes need to stop hiring financial "advisers" and instead simply get an accountant/CPA, a good attorney who specializes in trusts, and start putting as much money as possible into a simple index fund.

It's not sexy. It's not fast. But you'll come out on top as long as Washington DC isn't nuked. Same with investing in bonds and treasuries. Athletes often come from poor financial backgrounds and it's easy for some flashy white dude in a suit to meet them at a meeting driving a Ferrari talking about how they can triple their investment. Nah fukk all that. Be boring and win.

Exactly this.

These dudes be earning between 100-300 M’s throughout their sport careers. Advisors coming up to you talking about tripling it; man triple it for what?! You’ve already got generational wealth.

Stick it in something safe and slow, and ride it out.

GPBear

The Tape Crusader
Daps
Reppin
Bay-to-PDX
id ont even know why athletes get married, you're on the road for half a year. Odds are you going to cheat, you retire in your thirties and can get married then if you want to.
Brehs were just in the KD thread where he said "basketball will never fulfill him" saying he should get married and have kids :dahell:

Y'all need to come together and form some sort of consensus here

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And people wonder why guys like Mayweather, 50, or Diddy will never get married.

It’s just not a good business decision. You can have kids and create a family without having to sign a marriage contract if you are a wealthy man. I think a lot of these guys are still conditioned that you HAVE to get married.

The guys I mentioned never really had a problem paying child support, because they accepted the fact that they had to if they wanted children.

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
I'm biased because I work in this field but...if you're a multi million dollar athlete/celeb/etc...you need a CPA. There is no "sit down and learn about finances" at play here, anymore than you'd "sit down and learn about medicine" instead of going to the doctor. Of course it's essential that these guys learn about finances, but there's only so much you can do before you need a professional. Especially for athletes, who have to pay taxes in every state they play in during the calendar year. Not to mention Canada (Toronto)...

If there's one professional you don't need, it's a financial adviser. Their rates alone will negate much of whatever percentage they get you in the market. An index fund beats their output on average, going back 30+ years.

:ohhh: