Kevin Garnett's estranged wife looking for $200k a month in support

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They were married for over a decade and she raises his kids mostly solo. She's not being too unreasonable considering how much money he's got. This is why it's cheaper to keep her.:yeshrug:
and the average woman raises kids off of 40 thousand a year

she doesnt deserve 200 thousand dollars a month, im sorry :scusthov:

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
giphy.gif

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
No, this cant be. I was told black athletes should avoid evil white gold digging thots and get a black woman who would never take their money :troll:
:mjpls:But, but, but......The Coli told me ONLY black male athletes/celebs who marry ww or other non-bw have to worry about losing half their fortune due to divorce.

i swear i was going to post this shyt too. :russ: Not that i advocate for swirling but yeah, it don't matter the race.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps

After the 2000 Major League Baseballseason, Alex Rodriguez signed what was then the largest contract in American sports history, a ten-year contract worth $252 million, with the Texas Rangers. The tax collecting authorities of other states were notified alongside the public, and would separately demand that Rodriguez's employer withhold the tax due from his salary and remit it to each of them. Even though the state of Texas did not have an income tax, he still had to pay the various state income taxes applied to each away game in each location except for Florida, Illinois, Washington state, and Washington, D.C. (as an American League player, he would visit the three states every season). It is estimated that Rodriguez paid $520,000 a year for state income taxes outside his own state

Jock tax - Wikipedia

Bullshyt tax policy that eliminates black wealth on a yearly basis. People love clowning athletes for going broke but the system is designed to redistribute their money by any means. They don't hel themselves with stupid financial decisions of course, but the fact remains (predominantly black) athletes are targeted.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
After the 2000 Major League Baseballseason, Alex Rodriguez signed what was then the largest contract in American sports history, a ten-year contract worth $252 million, with the Texas Rangers. The tax collecting authorities of other states were notified alongside the public, and would separately demand that Rodriguez's employer withhold the tax due from his salary and remit it to each of them. Even though the state of Texas did not have an income tax, he still had to pay the various state income taxes applied to each away game in each location except for Florida, Illinois, Washington state, and Washington, D.C. (as an American League player, he would visit the three states every season). It is estimated that Rodriguez paid $520,000 a year for state income taxes outside his own state

Jock tax - Wikipedia

Bullshyt tax policy that eliminates black wealth on a yearly basis. People love clowning athletes for going broke but the system is designed to redistribute their money by any means. They don't hel themselves with stupid financial decisions of course, but the fact remains (predominantly black) athletes are targeted.
Nothing you posted illustrated what you are saying. Athletes paying property tax is a Black problem?

It is proven that Black athletes are by bad agents and fraud investors ...but a tax law :skip:

Nah

The Radiant One

Superstar
Daps
I'm biased because I work in this field but...if you're a multi million dollar athlete/celeb/etc...you need a CPA. There is no "sit down and learn about finances" at play here, anymore than you'd "sit down and learn about medicine" instead of going to the doctor. Of course it's essential that these guys learn about finances, but there's only so much you can do before you need a professional. Especially for athletes, who have to pay taxes in every state they play in during the calendar year. Not to mention Canada (Toronto)...

If there's one professional you don't need, it's a financial adviser. Their rates alone will negate much of whatever percentage they get you in the market. An index fund beats their output on average, going back 30+ years.

A CPA is what players need and a fiduciary the thing is a financial advisor doesn’t mean anything so you have all these snakes trying to steal peoples money

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Nothing you posted illustrated what you are saying. Athletes paying property tax is a Black problem?

It is proven that Black athletes are by bad agents and fraud investors ...but a tax law :skip:

Nah

It's not property taxes. It's an income tax that predominantly impacts black (and brown/baseball) athletes. There is no similar tax for other industries. In fact when you shoot a movie in most states, you're given tax breaks to incentivize the production. If you perform a concert your revenue generated in Los Angeles is impacted by California state tax laws. Yet athletes have to pay an extra state income tax on top of the state income tax. Why?

Don't get me wrong, bad agents and investors fukk them too. But so do our tax laws. These laws popped up in the 90s...I definitely believe they're racially motivated. And yes, this is one of many reasons they need accountants.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
It's not property taxes. It's an income tax that predominantly impacts black (and brown/baseball) athletes. There is no similar tax for other industries. In fact when you shoot a movie in most states, you're given tax breaks to incentivize the production. If you perform a concert your revenue generated in Los Angeles is impacted by California state tax laws. Yet athletes have to pay an extra state income tax on top of the state income tax. Why?

Don't get me wrong, bad agents and investors fukk them too. But so do our tax laws. These laws popped up in the 90s...I definitely believe they're racially motivated. And yes, this is one of many reasons they need accountants.
Income tax... Still not a Black problem.

It affects all athletes. Do no take points of view of the extreme..

When you shoot a movie you pay the city a sum of money and also employ locally... That's why they incentivise the business with tax break

This is an issue for athletes and leagues to address not a racial matter

GoFlipAPack

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
This is one of the situations that I kinda side with the girl. She sacrificed having any kind of career to he by his side. That being said.....

Damn near $150k a month :what:

And the most problematic part to me is that she wants more spousal support than child support. So wrong
Sacrificed what?:skip: what job was she going to get that was going to come close to making as much as him? She didnt sacrifice a damn thing! She wanted those kids and to be a stay at home mom.

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Did you read the rest of the post :dahell:

$150k is outrageous, especially when she’s not asking nearly as much for the children.

She sacrificed 10-15 years of work experience, and I wouldn’t mind KG breaking her off a little something. But anything more than $5k a month is crazy

I don't assume that she sacrificed anything, but even assuming that she did and let's assume that she would have made $100,000.00 per year for that 10-15 year period if she had worked. That would mean at most she sacrificed $1,500,000.00 over that time period. She is asking for way more than $1,500,000.00 just for herself, without even factoring in what the man has to pay for his children. Something is wrong with the economics of that picture.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
i swear i was going to post this shyt too. :russ: Not that i advocate for swirling but yeah, it don't matter the race.
For me its not about advocating than moreso not caring who another person fukks. That's whole bytch shyt. When did dudes start caring about this shyt. I swear on everything I never heard my pops, uncles, or any dudes in my life talk about this shyt. Online though nikkas really turning into bytches. When that $$$$ involved anybody might fukk around and become an opp.