Kevin Garnett top 20 player of all time?

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
:laugh: @ saying winning makes people think differently. Ain't that what the game is all about :what:. And you should have your throat slit for saying "Dirk is a one trick pony" like he happen to show up last playoffs for the first time ever :pachaha:

First off, I don't name call. But it's clear I'm smarter than you and everyone else who said "fakkit" or "throat slit." You guys are the type of ignorant individuals who don't deserve to be in educated conversations because the language is above your head and you cannot comprehend what was actually said. Posting up Dirk's scoring numbers does not mean he's not a one trick pony. It doesn't mean that he's a better overall player. He played on considerably better teams. All of those early 2000s Mavericks teams would have been better with KG instead of Dirk. This debate wasn't even reasonable until 2007. When I said one trick pony, I mean that he only had one facet to his game. He could score by shooting. He didn't start going into the post until 2007. Yet somehow you guys are acting like he was better than a prime KG just because his team happened to win.

If you cannot comprehend that winning by itself is not a tiebreaker then I don't know what to tell you. If Duncan won those same rings and he won them playing just like KG then people would just say that they're the same player but one was on the better team. Don't just show playoff records, show how they played and the talent they played with. KG ALONE would have changed the culture of the early Mavericks because of his defensive intensity. Stop it.

Ashyneezz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
First off, I don't name call. But it's clear I'm smarter than you and everyone else who said "fakkit" or "throat slit." You guys are the type of ignorant individuals who don't deserve to be in educated conversations because the language is above your head and you cannot comprehend what was actually said. Posting up Dirk's scoring numbers does not mean he's not a one trick pony. It doesn't mean that he's a better overall player. He played on considerably better teams. All of those early 2000s Mavericks teams would have been better with KG instead of Dirk. This debate wasn't even reasonable until 2007. When I said one trick pony, I mean that he only had one facet to his game. He could score by shooting. He didn't start going into the post until 2007. Yet somehow you guys are acting like he was better than a prime KG just because his team happened to win.

:russ: @ me not being able to have educated conversations because I said you should slit your throat. You're catching feelings because you're being called names? Go tell the teacher before you cry fakkit :pacspit:

mikishere

#byrdgang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
You arent winning a chip with KG as a first option... Mavs won the chip with Dirk as the first option... Wasnt Dirk shytting on KG back in the early 2000s in the playoffs anyway?

When its said and done... Dirks Career > KGs

Street Knowledge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
You arent winning a chip with KG as a first option... Mavs won the chip with Dirk as the first option... Wasnt Dirk shytting on KG back in the early 2000s in the playoffs anyway?

33/15 on 72% from THREE against KG in the 02' playoffs:obama: in a SWEEP

Where was KG's epic Defense?:shaq2:

Dirk is just a much better offensive player and scorer and that gives him the edge. KG ain't winning on the 11' Mavs, he was never good enough to carry a team offensively like that or Dominate in the 4th Quarters

GoddamnyamanProf

Countdown to Armageddon
Daps
Lol at Dirk being a "one trick pony"

That ether still burning
tumblr_lltfz9Gbb41qasoep.gif

SwagKingKong

All Star
Daps

Then how did Celtics manage to win with Garnett as their first option during their '08 title run? He took the most shots, avaraged the most points during their playoff run. That's a first option to me. He lead Boston in 4th quarter points during their title run, too. Stop re-writing history.

GoddamnyamanProf

Countdown to Armageddon
Daps
Then how did Celtics manage to win with Garnett as their first option during their '08 title run? He took the most shots, avaraged the most points during their playoff run. That's a first option to me. He lead Boston in 4th quarter points during their title run, too. Stop re-writing history.
:usure:

t_32865.jpg

Street Knowledge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC

To be fair, KG was their best player. But the gap between him and peirce was small, especially Scoring wise

Now compare that to the gap between Dirk and Jason terry:russ:

Dirk's 2011 Playoff run shyts all over Garnett's 08' run in terms of performance, teammates, and Level of competition. It's not even close

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
Lol at Dirk being a "one trick pony"

That ether still burning
tumblr_lltfz9Gbb41qasoep.gif
Please stay out of basketball discussions against non-stans. Your record in them isn't good. You resort to the same tactics (I.E. that image) that works against them and you look bad. Dirk in the early 2000s was a jump-shooting scorer and nothing more. He did have decent drives off his pump-fakes when people bit. He was an elite scorer, but stop it. KG was clearly the better all around player.

(Generally to everyone) Are we really using the 2002 Timberwolves as your barometer? This is why I hate the people on this board sometimes. KG who was getting like 20 and 20 a game was the definitely the reason the Timberwolves were losing to the Mavericks with Dirk, Nash and Finley. (This isn't just you) Like where did you guys grow up watching basketball? You're saying stuff that is so beyond me it's alarming. In 2002 if you said Dirk Nowitzki was as good as Kevin Garnett aside from being a pure scorer, you would've been slapped. KG dropped like 30 and 20 in that game 2 and LOST. Dirk was getting a good bit of those points vs. what was his name, Sam Smith? KG was in foul trouble in game 3 as well. Let's be serious man.

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
To be fair, KG was their best player. But the gap between him and peirce was small, especially Scoring wise

Now compare that to the gap between Dirk and Jason terry:russ:

Dirk's 2011 Playoff run shyts all over Garnett's 08' run in terms of performance, teammates, and Level of competition. It's not even close

The Celtics also had to play better teams so cut that bullshyt. Dirk did not have to play defense one time in the entire playoffs. Gasol had a sprained vagina, it's not like he was guarding any of the elite players on OKC, and then Miami had guys like Haslem who were not threats to him. The 2011 Mavericks would have lost to the 2008 Celtics, Lakers, Pistons and probably Spurs. The Heat were the only team that could've beaten any of those teams and LeBron disappeared in those playoffs.

KG's impact in 2008 defensively on the boards and (I know shocking) scoring were big. Only in your mind does 27 and 8 shyt all over 21, 11 and being the cog of that defense. If you said his finals performance then that would be another story. That was that team's first run together. Dirk was established as the the go to scorer. Dirk has an incredible playoffs, but you guys enjoy ignoring situations LOL. This is just incredible. What about all those Mavericks teams that were talented and lost? If Dirk is so much better and all world why couldn't he close out those series? Oh wait, it was not his fault right? It was everyone else right? Finley and Nash weren't enough right? So imagine a young Billups and Wally being your next options. Cut out this bullshyt. One playoff run is better than a career of being the better player?

Street Knowledge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Boston beat a 37 win Hawk team, a 45 win cavs( before they were good) team and the :flabbynsick:pistons. Oh and the Lakers that were missing Bynum. Stop it breh.:russ: The east was(and still is Garbage). The celtics Had an EASY road to the chip that year

While dirk had to beat The Kobe/Gasol lakers, The Durant/Harden/Westbrook thunder and of course the Lebron/Wade/Bosh heat.:obama:

ALL Without HCA, or anyone nearly as good as Pierce or Allen. KG never came close to doing anything like that, and as I said That run bodies KG's 08' run and anything he ever did in the postseason.

But its not just last year, Dirk has always been a better playoff performer the KG, and that's why he's better.

Street Knowledge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
People bring up 02' cause KG got owned. When the opposing PF drops 33/15 on 72% shooting from 3 you got sonned.

And he had Wally and Billups averaging over Twenty a game in that series and STILL couldn't win a game. So dont bring up teammates