Kevin Garnett top 20 player of all time?

SwagKingKong

All Star
Daps
How can you lead a team to playoff wins without being a go-to scorer down the stretch? It's obvious why KG needed help to win big.

As been stated before, how did he lead the Celtics in 4th quarter points during their title run in '08? He also lead them in points scored in the clutch, too. (I think 2-3 minutes left of the quarter)

Adding to the fact he was their overall leading scorer during their playoff run.. Well, your post makes NO sense.

The funny thing is, even now way past his prime. He's still the Celtics first option and leading scorer during these playoffs, lol. Some of you guys have no clue, really.

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
Lol I have no idea what any of this is supposed to mean. What does Tremont have to do with anything? Reps on sohh? :rudy: Wasn't everybody maxed out on those? I mean, my last rep I got on the site before the migration was one from a typical thread w/ one of our typical exchanges and the typical ending, talking about how you pretend to know shyt but are mostly clueless :russ:

You have nothing but love for Dirk but you want desperately to reduce him to one-trick pony. Vinny Johnson status. Right.

Rest of your post was already addressed/not applicable.

Edit: Wow, we got one-trick ponies in the top 30 players ever now. Interesting stuff :ohhh:

How did you respond before I was done editing my post? The rest of my post wasn't directed at you. I tend to just respond to a bunch of people in one post, and you were most recent. I didn't get most of my pos reps off of you. I was conflating that with another guy. But that meant that responding to you gets me pos reps, but I realized how convoluted that sentence sounds so I edited it out. But like I said, if you :lolbron: and co-sign posters who I'm arguing with, I can only assume you're supporting the shyt they say. That's why I was giving you the :scusthov: look.

Tre is relevant because he's the only person on here who is a bigger KG fan than me. That's why your post was sounding ridiculous. You would have been better off calling me a KG stan. You know I completely turned against any squad featuring Andrew Bynum.

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Daps
People bring up 02' cause KG got owned. When the opposing PF drops 33/15 on 72% shooting from 3 you got sonned.

And he had Wally and Billups averaging over Twenty a game in that series and STILL couldn't win a game. So dont bring up teammates
Those mavs teams were much better. Nothing KG could do about it. They were title contenders nearly every year, the Wolves weren't.
Lifetime achievement award :what: Cause Garnett has all these finals MVP's stashed already right, he couldn't have used one?

:beli: I swear you dudes don't even think about what you're writing sometimes

I didn't consider your facts because they're arbitrary. Garnett averaged .7 more points than Pierce in the playoffs on a lot more shots. I must be missing how that's better. Not to mention that Pierce averaged more points both during the course of the regular season and in the finals where it matters most. KG being their best overall player is fair but Paul was still the 1A go-to option.
KG was much better. Top 3 that year. He was the reason why the Celtics defense was so dominant. A lot of people even argued that he should have won Finals MVP.

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Pierce was the go to player but I can understand the KG for finals mvp argument.

He single handedly turned the celtics into the number 1 rated defense in the league. He was the anchor that made it possible for the celtics to slow down guys like kobe and lebron james

you really think ray allen and paul pierce can contain guys like lebron and kobe without garnett behind them?

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
All right I'm done. In what reality is Kevin Garnett not clearly top 50? This is the shyt I thought you were co-signing Profasi. This disrespect is insane.

ManBearPig

half man half bearpig
Daps
Reppin
Chi-town
Pierce was the go to player but I can understand the KG for finals mvp argument.

He single handedly turned the celtics into the number 1 rated defense in the league. He was the anchor that made it possible for the celtics to slow down guys like kobe and lebron james

you really think ray allen and paul pierce can contain guys like lebron and kobe without garnett behind them?

KG was the reason why the Celtics were IN the Finals while Ray Allen and Pierce were the reasons why they won in the FInals.

ManBearPig

half man half bearpig
Daps
Reppin
Chi-town
I'll put KG next to guys like David Robinson and Charles Barkley :manny:

so thats top 20-30 -ish?

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
If he's top 50, it's in the 40s. But honestly, after top 30, who cares? And he's not even close to a top 30 player.

:rudy: This is your bullshyt logic. IF. There is no if. If Kevin Garnett is not in your top 50 players ever then you need need to stop talking about basketball. Name me 30 players better than Kevin Garnett all time. Go ahead. I'm curious.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
:rudy: This is your bullshyt logic. IF. There is no if. If Kevin Garnett is not in your top 50 players ever then you need need to stop talking about basketball. Name me 30 players better than Kevin Garnett all time. Go ahead. I'm curious.

Jordan
Wilt
Russell
Bird
Kareem
Magic
West
Oscar
Gervin
Kobe
Karl Malone
Duncan
Hakeem
Shaq
Lebron
Wade
Robinson
Baylor
Dr J
Moses Malone
Cousy
Kidd
Havlichek
Barkley
Petit
Thomas
Nowitzki
Stockton
Pierce
Hayes

Propaganda

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
we're talking about a guy who's an all-time great defensive player, good for 20+ a game (not dominant take over the game great but still a good scorer), an elite passer for his position, an elite rebounder in his prime, very versatile...plus an mvp, a ring, a dpoy, got olympic gold, went to 14 all-star games, made 9 all-nba and 12 all-defensive teams...

but some of y'all are saying he's not even top 30, 40, 50?

:stopitslime:

smack yourselves.