Kevin Garnett top 20 player of all time?

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
:rudy:

You don't know how to read? LOL @ "got you to admit".. the fukk are you talking about, lame?

"Pierce will go down as the better player now." Yes, that's what I said and he will. Just as Curtis Martin will go down as the better player than TD. TD's peak was higher but Martin is going into the hall.

I never talked about "peaks" until someone else brought it into the discussion. I have always talked about their careers. This is a discussion on top 20 and top 50 and etc. players... that's all based on career.

You don't get why I brought up Penny? because they both "should have" been more than they were.. that's what everyone says about both of these players and many others and at the end of the day it doesn't matter because injuries happen. I'm not interested in "should haves".. I can only argue what actually happened.

Pierce is still relevant because he's stayed healthier and his game isn't all about athleticism anyway.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
:laff: @ nikkaz talkin about team shyt when talking about individual player

t-mac was gawd status for a lil bit, his teams were just trash
its like talking to a brick wall.

Idk how anyone can say TMac was not a better player than Pierce. Using team accomplishments to boost one up is stupid, unless they were putting up gawdly numbers with that.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
If only KG had the same "give me the ball I'm shooting it" mentality back when he was in his prime that he does now, he'd be a legit top 15 player. Looking back on his career now, I don't know if I'll pick him over McHale at PF position.

Just from the PF I saw play, I'd rank:

1. Duncan
2. Malone
3. Barkley
4. Dirk
5. Mchale
6. KG

Agree. But I'd tie KG with McHale. KG is easily top 50. I'd have him in the late 20s early 30s

Sent From My Nexus S 4G nikka!

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
we are talking about careers. Team accomplishments do matter because Pierce was a key player for the '08 Celtics and won the Finals MVP.

People discounting playoff achievements are lost and honestly.. narrow minded.

Why do you think Wilt can never get away from Russell? Wilt was always the better individual player but Russell's playoff success is taken into account and is why most people don't mention one of them without mentioning the other

Martin and TD is a better comparison. I never brought up peaks because it doesn't belong in this discussion. Pierce is still going strong. He has another what.. 3 good years of basketball in him? T-Mac is all but done. That's not my fault he is so decrepit.

YouMadd?

Chakra Daddy
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
he top 20 all time....

from a Laker fan....

he had no help in MINN he was puttin up 25/12//made it to ecf.. we stomped on em

Man if Garnett would have made that game winning shot in Game 4 they would have went up 3-1 in that series:noah:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I dont think team accomplishments is unfair to use in a sport like basketball where one guy makes so much more difference then one guy in any other sport..

Not evne bringing up titles the fact that Tmac couldnt get out of the first round meant something was fundamentally flawed with his game as talented as he was..

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
So are tony parker and Billups better than guys like nash and payton because they have rings and finals mvps?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
So are tony parker and Billups better than guys like nash and payton because they have rings and finals mvps?

Where not even talking rings yet if you cant get your team out of the first round leading your team and your suposenly a top 5 player somethings wrong..

Playoffs are about your one or two best players not the marginal role players..

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics

Nash won consecutive MVP's. Even if you disagree with the voting, he led a team that had won 29 games the year prior to what? 60 wins? The Suns had plenty of playoff success as well. They made the WCF's.

Payton led the Sonics to the finals and they were the one seed a few different times.

T-Mac didn't have a lot of help on Orlando but even guys like Carter and Iverson willed their teams out of the first round in the weak eastern conference. The Rockets did have talent even though they dealt with injuries and T-Mac still didn't get them out of the first..

Why shouldn't that be held against him? Plenty of star players have taken a team on their back and willed them through a round or two.

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Kobe was the consensus best player in the league the 2 years he lost in the 1st round.

Kg in minny was better than kg in Boston, yet kg in Boston has won every year. That shows how stupid it is to blindly judge players by winning

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Kobe has also been the best player on a team that has made the finals and won the championship. Even if we throw out the early 2000's Lakers (which we shouldn't because of how well he played alongside Shaq), he did plenty as the best player on the team.

KG won an MVP in '04 and Minnesota made the Western conference Finals. They were also the one seed.

T-Mac never got out of the first. His lack of any kind of playoff success should most definitely play a factor in discussing his career. He never willed his team through a playoff series. Iverson did it. Carter did it. Pierce did it.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Kobe has also been the best player on a team that has made the finals and won the championship. Even if we throw out the early 2000's Lakers (which we shouldn't because of how well he played alongside Shaq), he did plenty as the best player on the team.

KG won an MVP in '04 and Minnesota made the Western conference Finals. They were also the one seed.

T-Mac never got out of the first. His lack of any kind of playoff success should most definitely play a factor in discussing his career. He never willed his team through a playoff series. Iverson did it. Carter did it. Pierce did it.

I think KG takes a hit for all his failures also imo great player but not top 20 all time..no top 20 player would take 7 years to get his team out of the FIRST ROUND..

But he has more excuse then Tmac because he was never a dominant offensive player like a Duncan which is what seperated the two.. so if hes your best player and go to guy its gonna be difficult to win because hes not unstoppable on offense..

Tmac had all the ability in the world to be a go to guy offensively in the playoffs and take over a series he was just missing something