Kevin Garnett top 20 player of all time?

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Daps
Garnett is better than Barkley :stopitslime::wtf:
Im done
Did you even watch Barkley play? :what:

That 6'6 fat boy was better than KG? That dude that couldn't play defense to save his life is better than KG? :what:

Barkely was a better scorer that's it. KG was better than him in everything else. KG is easily better.

I know for a fact you never watched Barkley play else you wouldn't have even asked that question.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
:snoop:

You really putting Barkley and McHale ahead of Garnett? Yo :ohhh:

Some of you people AMAZE me. It's mind-boggling to see how little you know about basketball.

I want someone seriously arguing for him not being top 20 to name 20 better players. He's around 12-14 on my all-time list, to have him out of the top 20 is :shaq2:

He's the most impactful defender of his generation and add to that the fact that he would give you 22+ points, 13+ rebounds and 5 assists per game. Well, it's pretty clear he's top 20 of all-time.

This nikka must be Leon Garnett KG second cousin to put him top 12 to 14 all time:skip:

SwagKingKong

All Star
Daps
FreedS[ohh]lave;351713 said:
This nikka must be Leon Garnett KG second cousin to put him top 12 to 14 all time:skip:

RealGM • View topic - RealGM Top 100 List

Read the threads about each player and tell me you don't have Garnett in your top 15.

Unlike some people, I'm willing to LEARN and willing to accept that I am biased and not always right in my evaluation of players. I was one of the biggest Nash bashers during his MVP years (thought he didn't deserve those MVPs) but I've read some very interesting stuff that pretty much shows how impactful he is.

The same way with Garnett, I have always liked him and thought he was better than the avarage fan thought. Turns out, statistics backs this up pretty well as Garnett.

Example is this 10 year study of regularized adjusted plus and minus which has Garnett second only to LeBron when you factor in both offense and defense. Defensively he's WELL AHEAD of the rest of the league. Mind you this has some years where Garnett is out of his prime, and he's still at the top of the league.

http://stats-for-the-nba.appspot.com/ranking

And look at the rankings from last year

http://stats-for-the-nba.appspot.com/ranking11

Garnett measures out THIRD. At the age of 35. And you idiots are talking about not being a top player in the league during his prime? Look at his ranking for his MVP season, dude was shytting on the league both offensively and defensively.

http://stats-for-the-nba.appspot.com/ranking04

Yet, Stockton, McHale, Barkley, Pierce and Pippen are better? Right? :snoop:

Diyhai

En Causa Sui
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Did you even watch Barkley play? :what:

That 6'6 fat boy was better than KG? That dude that couldn't play defense to save his life is better than KG? :what:

Barkely was a better scorer that's it. KG was better than him in everything else. KG is easily better.

I know for a fact you never watched Barkley play else you wouldn't have even asked that question.

:sitdown:

Charles Barkley career: 22.1 ppg, 11.7 rpg, 3.9 apg, 1.5 spg and 0.8 bpg with 54.1% FG.

Kevin Garnett career: 19.7 ppg, 10.8 rpg, 4.1 apg, 1.4 spg, 1.6 bpg on 49.8% FG

kevin is slightly better defensive
barkley is way better offensive

Propaganda

Superstar
Daps
Reppin

Charles Barkley career: 22.1 ppg, 11.7 rpg, 3.9 apg, 1.5 spg and 0.8 bpg with 54.1% FG.

slightly better defensively? :duck:

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Daps

Slightly better defensive player? Barkley couldn't ever dream of winning a DPOY much less make an all defensive team.

Diyhai

En Causa Sui
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
RealGM • View topic - RealGM Top 100 List

Read the threads about each player and tell me you don't have Garnett in your top 15.

Unlike some people, I'm willing to LEARN and willing to accept that I am biased and not always right in my evaluation of players. I was one of the biggest Nash bashers during his MVP years (thought he didn't deserve those MVPs) but I've read some very interesting stuff that pretty much shows how impactful he is.

The same way with Garnett, I have always liked him and thought he was better than the avarage fan thought. Turns out, statistics backs this up pretty well as Garnett.

Example is this 10 year study of regularized adjusted plus and minus which has Garnett second only to LeBron when you factor in both offense and defense. Defensively he's WELL AHEAD of the rest of the league. Mind you this has some years where Garnett is out of his prime, and he's still at the top of the league.

http://stats-for-the-nba.appspot.com/ranking

And look at the rankings from last year

http://stats-for-the-nba.appspot.com/ranking11

Garnett measures out THIRD. At the age of 35. And you idiots are talking about not being a top player in the league during his prime? Look at his ranking for his MVP season, dude was shytting on the league both offensively and defensively.

http://stats-for-the-nba.appspot.com/ranking04

Yet, Stockton, McHale, Barkley, Pierce and Pippen are better? Right? :snoop:
some of these nyggas list got him above shaq n kobe :childplease:

SwagKingKong

All Star
Daps

Lmfao, SLIGHLTY better defense? Yooo :ohhh:

Garnett is the most impactful defender of his generation and probably top 5 defensively of all-time. And you're comparing him to Barkley who didn't even try defensively? fukk you getting your shyt from? It's well documented that Barkley was lazy and not commited on the defensive end. I'm pretty sure even he's admitted to this fact.

GTFOH with your ducktales.

Diyhai

En Causa Sui
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore

Garnett is the most impactful defender of his generation and probably top 5 defensively of all-time. And you're comparing him to Barkley who didn't even try defensively? fukk you getting your shyt from? It's well documented that Barkley was lazy and not commited on the defensive end. I'm pretty sure even he's admitted to this fact.

i never saw kg shutdown or slow down any of the leagues best

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Daps

I would say Duncan was.

SwagKingKong

All Star
Daps
some of these nyggas list got him above shaq n kobe :childplease:

Yes, he measures out better than Kobe regulary. Which isn't surprising at all considering he's the better player. RAPM numbers only go back to '02 so we miss alot of valuable data of Shaq in his prime.

SwagKingKong

All Star
Daps
I would say Duncan was.

He's certainly one of the best defenders of his generation too, but he doesn't measure out as well as Garnett defensively. He's close and even above him for some seasons but overall Garnetts impact is greater defensively if we go by the stats we know.

Sadly, it took Garnett winning in Boston to people to recognize him on this level defensively. Truth is, he was always this great defensively. The fact that he measures out as the top defender in the league this year, while leading the Celtics to the best defense in the league, is pretty telling considering he's well past his prime and 36 years old.

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Daps
Yes, he measures out better than Kobe regulary. Which isn't surprising at all considering he's the better player. RAPM numbers only go back to '02 so we miss alot of valuable data of Shaq in his prime.
Garnett was generally ranked higher than Kobe from 96 to 06.