Kevin Garnett top 20 player of all time?

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
What's the difference between Tmac and Grant Hill? A couple scoring titles on terrible teams? Congratulations.

Maybe we can talk about shyt that actually matters as well?

Better career achievements - Pierce. Ring and Finals MVP > anything Tracy did

Better career numbers - Pierce. While maintaining more longevity and playing at an elite level much longer than Tmac.

Everything else amounts to semantics

Think about how they will be remembered. Think about how they are considered today. Yup, now watch that difference amplify as the years pass :umad:

:yawn:

you continue to ignore the facts

mcgrady: 7 all nba selections
pierce: 4 all nba selections, 3 of those selections were 3rd team :scusthov:

yall forget that a paul pierce led team was TANKING in hopes of getting kevin durant to save the celtics franchise. :russ: now yall wanna rewrite history like he was some megastar :stopitslime:

during both players prime tracy mcgrady was light years ahead of paul pierce. they weren't even comparable and you would have been laughed at for suggesting that they were.

we're not talking about a 2 or 3 year stretch. we're talking about 8 years

if the-coli was around in the 80's, some of yall woulda said clyde drexler was better than bird because of longevity

:laff:

you can't be taken seriously in this argument. youret the same guy who says kobe should be writing thank you letters to pau gasol, but then you act like paul pierce teaming up with ray allen and kg is irrelevant

:ohhh:

i see you :smugfavre:

Majestic Pape

The-Coli = W SOHH = L
Daps
Pierce was a terrible defender before KG went over to Boston. Tracy was always a solid defender. You trying to tell me Ray and Pierce raised their level of defense. But Tracy couldn't? Tracy in that defensive system? Pierce barely guarded those players anyway. It was Posey that was the main defender on those players. Quit with this revisionist history bullshyt.

Pierce was easily replaceable. Why nikkas acting like 19/5/4 is dominant now? :what:

:usure:

Most everything else you said is true-ish.

GoddamnyamanProf

Countdown to Armageddon
Daps
:yawn:

you continue to ignore the facts

mcgrady: 7 all nba selections
pierce: 4 all nba selections, 3 of those selections were 3rd team :scusthov:

yall forget that a paul pierce led team was TANKING in hopes of getting kevin durant to save the celtics franchise. :russ: now yall wanna rewrite history like he was some megastar :stopitslime:

during both players prime tracy mcgrady was light years ahead of paul pierce. they weren't even comparable and you would have been laughed at for suggesting that they were.

we're not talking about a 2 or 3 year stretch. we're talking about 8 years

if the-coli was around in the 80's, some of yall woulda said clyde drexler was better than bird because of longevity

:laff:

you can't be taken seriously in this argument. youret the same guy who says kobe should be writing thank you letters to pau gasol, but then you act like paul pierce teaming up with ray allen and kg is irrelevant

:ohhh:

i see you :smugfavre:

:beli: I guess it's just different ways of thinking. I deal in results, you want to deal in potential. Unfulfilled. I deal in reality, you want to deal in hypotheticals and imaginary situations. I deal in bottom lines, you deal in semantics.

I mean, are you disputing that Pierce is more of a HOF candidate than McGrady? If yes, you simply don't understand how reality works. If no, then you already know that a couple extra all-nba selections and scoring titles don't mean a damn thing compared to what Pierce achieved. Meaning you already know I'm right, you just want to be difficult.

Either way :manny: You don't really have a way out of this one.

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Whoa....

When did I say Paul pierce wasn't a hall of famer? :what:

They're both going to the hall. I just said mcgrady was better

I'm dealing with facts, i dunno what youre dealing with

Mcgrady having more accolades is a fact, not potential

GoddamnyamanProf

Countdown to Armageddon
Daps
Whoa....

When did I say Paul pierce wasn't a hall of famer? :what:

They're both going to the hall. I just said mcgrady was better

I'm dealing with facts, i dunno what youre dealing with

Mcgrady having more accolades is a fact, not potential

Again, only if you consider a few more all-nba selections and 2 scoring titles to be better than winning a championship, winning the Finals MVP of said championship and putting up better career numbers over a longer period of high-level play.

Which you think Tracy would rather have under his belt right now? :skip:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
:beli: I guess it's just different ways of thinking. I deal in results, you want to deal in potential. Unfulfilled. I deal in reality, you want to deal in hypotheticals and imaginary situations. I deal in bottom lines, you deal in semantics.

I mean, are you disputing that Pierce is more of a HOF candidate than McGrady? If yes, you simply don't understand how reality works. If no, then you already know that a couple extra all-nba selections and scoring titles don't mean a damn thing compared to what Pierce achieved. Meaning you already know I'm right, you just want to be difficult.

Either way :manny: You don't really have a way out of this one.

there is no imaginary scenarios or semantics.

for 7-8 years in their primes, TMac was better than Paul Pierce. That is indisputable.

Paul Pierce has had a better career than TMac, also indisputable.

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Again, only if you consider a few more all-nba selections and 2 scoring titles to be better than winning a championship, winning the Finals MVP of said championship and putting up better career numbers over a longer period of high-level play.

you didn't address the fact that i never said pierce wasn't a hall of famer :leostare:

honestly i don't know what mcgrady would say. i personally think most players care about individual accolades more than team accomplishments.

in mcgradys eyes pierce wasn't in his class so i dont think he'd wanna switch places. who knows though

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Daps
Better player? Tracy McGrady easily. Better career? Paul Pierce. Getting KG and Ray Allen did wonders for Pierce's career.

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps

You're using team accomplishments as a tiebreaker, but that doesn't make sense when one player was clearly better than the other. Compare them both pre-super team and it's obvious who the superior player was. It's like when Bosh was better than Gasol on everyone's list and then Gasol went to play with Kobe and people forgot.

SwagKingKong

All Star
Daps
Are people here really trying convince people that the likes of Stockton, Cousy, Kidd and Pierce are better players than Garnett? Yo, this shyt is amazing :ohhh: Where the fukk y'all get your stuff from? :what:

And to the argument between Pierce and McGrady, it's pretty obvious that McGrady was the better player in his prime. Dude peaked higher than Kobe for Gods sakes. Pierce has enjoyed a better career though but it's pretty clear McGrady had the better prime, although a very short prime due to injuries.

Some of y'all need to get your ass on realGM and learn the game seriously. It's disgusting to see what ESPN has made some of yall believe

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Daps
Are people here really trying convince people that the likes of Stockton, Cousy, Kidd and Pierce are better players than Garnett? Yo, this shyt is amazing :ohhh: Where the fukk y'all get your stuff from? :what:

And to the argument between Pierce and McGrady, it's pretty obvious that McGrady was the better player in his prime. Dude peaked higher than Kobe for Gods sakes. Pierce has enjoyed a better career though but it's pretty clear McGrady had the better prime, although a very short prime due to injuries.

Some of y'all need to get your ass on realGM and learn the game seriously. It's disgusting to see what ESPN has made some of yall believe
Cause they are teenagers. Who didn't watch basketball back then or were too young to understand what was going on. So they don't know shyt about the game. You are right. realgm is a very good source for basketball. A lot of good stuff over there.

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Mc grady never peaked higher den kobe
I agree with everything else