Kevin Garnett top 20 player of all time?

Absolut

Legal Bookie
Daps
Reppin
Las Vegas
paul pierce will be enshrined in the hall of fame. tracy mcgrady probably will not

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Did Pierce score more points? :shaq2:

Did he have more longevity? :shaq2:

Did he play at a high level for longer? :shaq2:

Did he win at the highest level? :shaq2:

Did he accumulate more accolades? :shaq2:

Did he enjoy more success throughout his career? :shaq2:

The answer to every one of those questions determines if he was a better player. And its the same answer for every one.

This "who would win in a hypothetical game of 1-on-1 at each players' respective peaks" viewpoint of determining the better player makes no sense.

Talent doesn't mean shyt if it doesn't net results.
Yeah, Paul Pierce has an NBA title and a Finals MVP

McGrady made 7 All NBA teams compared to Pierce's 4. McGrady was twice a first team player while Pierce didnt make a single one.

McGrady has two scoring titles, compared to Pierce's... zero.

I didnt deny Paul Pierce's HOF credentials, and I dont say that to diss Pierce at all. My post also said that Pierce had longevity over McGrady and had a better career than McGrady. But Paul Pierce was not a better player than McGrady. Its just not at true statement. But like I said in my prior post, Pierce had a better career.

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
Disagree on Wade having a higher peak. Strongly disagree.

I don't know man. 09 Wade was a problem but he didn't even get out of the first round. So I don't know how he can use that against KG when Wade has never done more with less talent than KG. But 09 Wade? I don't know man.

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Did Pierce score more points? :shaq2:

Did he have more longevity? :shaq2:

Did he play at a high level for longer? :shaq2:

Did he win at the highest level? :shaq2:

Did he accumulate more accolades? :shaq2:

Did he enjoy more success throughout his career? :shaq2:

The answer to every one of those questions determines if he was a better player. And its the same answer for every one.

This "who would win in a hypothetical game of 1-on-1 at each players' respective peaks" viewpoint of determining the better player makes no sense.

Talent doesn't mean shyt if it doesn't net results.

:what:

when paul pierce was surrounded by bums and mcgrady was surrounded by bums, what happened? mcgrady was a consensus top 5 player and pierce wasn't in his class. mcgrady would have done the same thing and more with kg/rondo/ray allen

tracy mcgrady has had an injury riddled career, yet somehow he has 7 all nba selections to paul pierces 4 :ohhh:

tracy mcgrady had an 8 year stretch where he was better than paul pierce every year

its crazy that paul pierce has gotten extremely overrated after his title, but garnett has become underrated despite having a bigger impact on the celtics.

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Daps
Great arguments.

List a name and put a question mark. How can anyone debate you with these sound arguments you present?

"Stockton?" - ETHER SON.

:beli:
Oh right, because you listing a bunch names was such a great argument on your part. You are a fukking idiot. I doubt you are older than 16. Pierce and Kidd are better players than Garnett? Seriously? Pierce was never ever in a discussion for MVP ever. Its highly debatable if he was even a top 10 player at any point in his career. Garnett has won an MVP, finished top 2 in MVP voting 3 times, top 3 4 times, top 5 5 times, top 10 7 times and top 12 9 times in his career.

How many players in the history of the game can ever say that?

Garnett had a great great career. Ring, numerous all-NBA and all-defensive teams, multiple time all-star, DPOY, MVP etc etc.

You are an idiot.

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Daps
I don't know man. 09 Wade was a problem but he didn't even get out of the first round. So I don't know how he can use that against KG when Wade has never done more with less talent than KG. But 09 Wade? I don't know man.
2004 KG had more of an impact than Wade has ever had at any point in his career. Yeah, Wade will give you more points, but KG will still get you 24+ points, 14 + rebounds, good play making and elite defense.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I'm tired of people bringing up T-Mac and Penny and others who "should have" done this or that. Injuries happen. shyt happens. I'm over it. All we can do is compare what actually happened and T-Mac didn't accomplish a whole lot other than some scoring achievements.

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Daps
Actually it's way crazier.

And I don't really care if y'all rank Garnett ahead of them, fine. Whatever. To me that is of no consequence. He's still not a top 20 player.

:laff:

How old are you? When did you start watching basketball?

KG WAS CONSIDERED A BETTER PLAYER THAN DUNCAN, SHAQ, KOBE, TRACY ETC IN 2004. No one would consider Wade better than any of those players back then. With the exception of maybe TMac. Even then that's debatable.

Even from 01 to 05 a lot of people had KG over Kobe. You really think Wade would fukk with Kobe back then?

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I'm tired of people bringing up T-Mac and Penny and others who "should have" done this or that. Injuries happen. shyt happens. I'm over it. All we can do is compare what actually happened and T-Mac didn't accomplish a whole lot other than some scoring achievements.

but t-mac did more than pierce though

t-mac has 7 all nba selections
pierce has 4

t-mac has 2 scoring titles
pierce has 0

pierce teamed with ray allen and kg
t-mac didnt

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
I didnt bring up Penny, nor was he mentioned in this thread.

As for Tmac, for 8 years consecutively he was a better player than Pierce. Thats not even a debate. If you say Pierce was better, you are lying or trying to play the revision game. Nothing to do with injuries, he just was the better player.

TMac has more individual accolades than Pierce. Its not a debate, its backed up.

But did Pierce have a better career? yes.

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Daps
but t-mac did more than pierce though

t-mac has 7 all nba selections
pierce has 4

t-mac has 2 scoring titles
pierce has 0

pierce teamed with ray allen and kg
t-mac didnt
Tracy was better from 01 to 07/08. That's when injuries started kicking in and killed his career. Saying Pierce was better than Tracy was laughable back then. People used to compare Tracy to Kobe. Pierce was never ever in that discussion. Those boston teams were missing the playoffs year in and year out with Pierce. Stop acting like Pierce was this dominant player. He wasn't.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
:laff:

How old are you? When did you start watching basketball?

KG WAS CONSIDERED A BETTER PLAYER THAN DUNCAN, SHAQ, KOBE, TRACY ETC IN 2004. No one would consider Wade better than any of those players back then. With the exception of maybe TMac. Even then that's debatable.

Even from 01 to 05 a lot of people had KG over Kobe. You really think Wade would fukk with Kobe back then?

I've been watching since 1991.

And some people considered him better than the players you listed in 2004. I disagree with THOSE people. Wholeheartedly.

I'm not saying he wasn't a great player btw.