Kevin Garnett top 20 player of all time?

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
Jordan
Wilt
Russell
Bird
Kareem
Magic
West
Oscar
Gervin
Kobe
Karl Malone
Duncan
Hakeem
Shaq
Lebron
Wade
Robinson
Baylor
Dr J
Moses Malone
Cousy
Kidd, they're around the same.
Havlichek
Barkley
Petit
Thomas
Nowitzki
Stocktondebatable
Pierce
Hayesdebatable.

No. A guy like Wade had a higher peak 06/09, but did not have KG's sustained excellence. Injury prone and did little more than KG when his team was not a contender. I won't acknowledge the old timers.

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
did i really just see bob cousy ranked ahead of kevin garnett?

:laff:

:deadrose:

get the fukk outta here

paul pierce better than kevin garnett?

:laff:

the same paul pierce who has 4 all nba selections to garnetts 9, and has 0 all defense selections to garnetts 12?

the same paul pierce who was always ranked far behind mcgrady until ray allen and garnett showed up?

that paul pierce?

GoddamnyamanProf

Countdown to Armageddon
Daps
Pierce was the go to player

This is actually the only thing up for debate here. Posters claiming KG was the go-to first option and still is...and Pierce just got the finals MVP solely on the basis that he was in Boston the longest. :stopitslime:
All right I'm done. In what reality is Kevin Garnett not clearly top 50? This is the shyt I thought you were co-signing Profasi. This disrespect is insane.

nah

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Yeah - that has never really changed. Pierce is still the go-to first option on this team but KG is more valuable. When Pierce sits, we can still get offense out of KG and Rondo starts attacking more. Plus, Ray is still very dangerous.

When KG sits the effect it has on the defense is ridiculous. The whole lane opens up. Opposing teams throw a party in the paint when KG is not there. That's why the Heat keep making these runs. Our offense does become stagnant at times but more so than that, the defense falls off a cliff when KG isn't there. And obviously Bradley isn't there either.

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Daps
Jordan
Wilt
Russell
Bird
Kareem
Magic
West
Oscar
Gervin
Kobe
Karl Malone
Duncan
Hakeem
Shaq
Lebron
Wade
Robinson
Baylor
Dr J
Moses Malone
Cousy
Kidd
Havlichek
Barkley
Petit
Thomas
Nowitzki
Stockton
Pierce
Hayes
:laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff:

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Daps
No. A guy like Wade had a higher peak 06/09, but did not have KG's sustained excellence. Injury prone and did little more than KG when his team was not a contender. I won't acknowledge the old timers.
Disagree on Wade having a higher peak. Strongly disagree.

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Daps
I can't believe this dude said Kidd and Pierce are better. When the fukk did you start watching bball? In 2009? For the past decade KG was better than Kidd and Pierce every single year. Pierce only passed him after KG went down with an injury in 2010.

Bob fukking Cousy?

Hayes?

Petit?

Stockton?

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Daps
Pierce will go down as the better player between he and T-Mac now. Winner, Finals MVP, all that.. T-Mac is one of the GOAT underachievers.
Injuries stopped his career. I wouldn't say he is an underachiever. Nothing the dude could have done to prevent his body from giving out. He started having back problems at 21 or 22. Even in the 02-03 season he was having them.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
I can't believe this dude said Kidd and Pierce are better. When the fukk did you start watching bball? In 2009? For the past decade KG was better than Kidd and Pierce every single year. Pierce only passed him after KG went down with an injury in 2010.

Bob fukking Cousy?

Hayes?

Petit?

Stockton?

Great arguments.

List a name and put a question mark. How can anyone debate you with these sound arguments you present?

"Stockton?" - ETHER SON.

:beli:

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Great arguments.

List a name and put a question mark. How can anyone debate you with these sound arguments you present?

"Stockton?" - ETHER SON.

:beli:

Paul pierce has about 20% of the accolades that garnett has

Out of pierced 14 year career, there have been 1 or 2 years where he was considered a better player than garnett

Garnett was a top 3 player when pierce wasn't in the top 15

Putting Paul pierce over garnett is one of the most ridiculous statements that's been made on this board

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Pierce will go down as the better player between he and T-Mac now. Winner, Finals MVP, all that.. T-Mac is one of the GOAT underachievers.

he will end up having a better career because of the ring and finals MVP and how much weight lazy sports fans and media types attach to those things as well as Pierce staying healthy while McGrady didnt.

but Paul Pierce was not a better player than Tracy McGrady

GoddamnyamanProf

Countdown to Armageddon
Daps
he will end up having a better career because of the ring and finals MVP and how much weight lazy sports fans and media types attach to those things as well as Pierce staying healthy while McGrady didnt.

but Paul Pierce was not a better player than Tracy McGrady
Did Pierce score more points? :shaq2:

Did he have more longevity? :shaq2:

Did he play at a high level for longer? :shaq2:

Did he win at the highest level? :shaq2:

Did he accumulate more accolades? :shaq2:

Did he enjoy more success throughout his career? :shaq2:

The answer to every one of those questions determines if he was a better player. And its the same answer for every one.

This "who would win in a hypothetical game of 1-on-1 at each players' respective peaks" viewpoint of determining the better player makes no sense.

Talent doesn't mean shyt if it doesn't net results.