Kevin Durant is the best player in the world.

Morethan1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Midwest
Tbh Shaq’s self-entitled “most dominant ever” tagline in the early 00s was just strategic rhetoric because he couldn’t call himself the greatest Laker ever, much less the greatest player ever.

He was (mostly) the best player in the early 00s no doubt, but he wanted something more historic and flamboyant than that.

So yea, why not come up with your own ambiguous title based on your Finals domination of Matt Geiger, Todd MacCulloch, Keith Van Horn, 35 yr old Dikembe, and geriatric Rik Smiths on one leg who literally retired 2 months after the Finals?

Example:
Shaq’s 2002 Finals vs Todd MacCulloch
(32ppg 12rpg 4apg, 30 PER)

Shaq’s 2002 WCFS vs Tim Duncan
(21ppg, 12rpg 3apg...15.9 PER)

Duncan that series: 29ppg 17rpg 5apg... 24 PER

:dwillhuh:

nikka this not a 2008 thread

Apprentice

RIP Doughboy Roc
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Michael Jordan followed by A.I and the early 2000s And1 Mixtape era was the WORST thing to ever happen to basketball discourse.

Birthed an entire generation of ass clowns who think that any dude who doesn't dribble between his legs 52 times and then spin into a mid range fade away can't be the best player.
Had to quote this jus to repeat it

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
NBA narrative culture be weird

LeBron can't be better than MJ because his teammates are too talented and MJ went 6-0 in the finals, yet LeBron got the finals way more than MJ and against better competition (Not saying I believe LeBron is better than MJ, but just pointing this out)

Kevin Durant can't be the best player because his teammates are too talented

Steph Curry can't be the best because his teammates are too talented

Yet people are super comfortable crowning Giannis the best despite him beating up on the All Injured Reserves. Saw Chris Broussard saying that Giannis did it without a superteam when KD couldn't, COMPLETELY ignoring the fact that Giannis was able to avoid the real Nets team, a healthy Trae Young, and even if he was able to get past them, Kawhi + PG or LeBron + AD. shyt, even Chris Paul was banged up in the finals (I know, when isn't he?) if you wanna take it there.

NBA culture is STRANGE and moving goalposts comes so naturally to people that it makes talking basketball feel more about agendas and less about a player's merit and what they do on the court.

Hate it.
Never seen a sport so devoid of honest discourse

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
That post didn't age well:mjlol:

Fool got a picture of Bron up my god these Bronsexuals are the NBA equivalent to Trump supporters.
Shut yo dumb ass up :mjlol::laff:

Edit: I've had a picture(s) of Bron/Kobe at the Olympics ever since Kobe died shythead.

Last edited:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
My brain agrees it's Durant

Something in my gut feels like Bron is coming back for blood next year. Maybe it's just ironed in me at this point that everytime we think someone passed him he reclaims the throne. Eventually it'll really be the case and Bron won't be able to reclaim his thrown. I just feel like he hasn't played in awhile, he's rested, meanwhile these other guys have been playing nonstop ball and might be a little gassed
Bron put up a 30 PER in the playoffs, shot almost 60% in the finals and was one of the MVP favorites before the ankle injury.

You're not wrong to think that. :ehh:

My eyes tell me KD is the best. However, its hard to argue against Giannis cause his defensive dominance and efficient scoring is a helluva combination.

My only knock against KD is that he's played much fewer games than everyone in the last 2 years. He's played like 60. He's going to have another gear compared to everyone else. He's got the opportunity to reclaim the throne from Giannis next year. :yeshrug:

KingJay

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly bouls, Trust the Process
It’s not Lebron anymore. If we’re honest he’s about 3rd or 4th … maybe 5th and steadily declining. He may have a about 10-15 minutes of greatness a game left.
My brain agrees
Like I said it’s just gut. It’s ingrained in me that whenever we count Bron out he comes back, and I’m far from a Bron stan saying that

HabitualChiller

Enjoying a Long Night of Solace✌
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere on an Xbox
A toe nail away from carrying a depleted Nets team to the Finals followed up by carrying an Olympic team with only 1 All NBA player on it to a Gold.....his first year back from an Achilles injury. People can have their personal favorites, but this guy is different from EVERYONE else.
I personally think the Nets would've lost in 6 if Bud had coached close to the level that he did against Phoenix.

In actuality, Giannis should've been more dominant in that series. That shyt really shouldn't have went seven games.