Kevin Durant is the best player in the world.

Guess Who

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
you missing the argument

we gonna parade Shaq as one of the best fg percentage ever and compare him to a jump shooter :dahell:
I’m not missing the argument at all. Why are we penalizing players for being able to get good shots??

In the same vein we gonna say KD is only such a lethal shooter because he’s so tall nobody can bother his release? Or are we gonna praise him for being able to get those shots and make them regardless of the physical advantages that put him in that position to succeed?

I never understood the, “he’s only good because he’s tall/fast/whatever arguments.” It’s like so what?? The player is still good and SMART to use the attributes that give them the biggest advantages. Why should a player do something that’s harder just to make the comparison more fair?

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I’m not missing the argument at all. Why are we penalizing players for being able to get good shots??

In the same vein we gonna say KD is only such a lethal shooter because he’s so tall nobody can bother his release? Or are we gonna praise him for being able to get those shots and make them regardless of the physical advantages that put him in that position to succeed?

I never understood the, “he’s only good because he’s tall/fast/whatever arguments.” It’s like so what?? The player is still good and SMART to use the attributes that give them the biggest advantages. Why should a player do something that’s harder just to make the comparison more fair?

Giannis goes up a level when he chooses to play inside and stops with the ridiculous jump shots he used to take. Now people are mad because he figured it out..

Guess Who

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Giannis goes up a level when he chooses to play inside and stops with the ridiculous jump shots he used to take. Now people are mad because he figured it out..
And that’s what people been telling him to do too haha. So he finally stops shooting threes and gets a post turnaround and attacks the bucket from closer and ppl saying it’s not fair.

Is it oochie Wally or is it one mic??

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
And that’s what people been telling him to do too haha. So he finally stops shooting threes and gets a post turnaround and attacks the bucket from closer and ppl saying it’s not fair.

Is it oochie Wally or is it one mic??

Exactly. Now Durant needs two other top ten players or "it's not fair" ... i guess it's only fair when the deck is stacked against Giannis?

South Paw

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CML

that like arguing shaq > kobe because he had a better fg percentage

big men are gonna have better fg percentage by default

I never said giannis is only good because such and such

HabitualChiller

Enjoying a Long Night of Solace✌
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere on an Xbox
:mjlol: What? A half healthy Nets team puts the Bucks away in 5.
What the fukk does that have to do with what I said:mjlol:?

On what planet should KD=Giannis, Middleton, and Jrue Holiday with a 65% James Harden being his 2nd best player? Don't retroactively look back on the series like everyone wasn't calling out Bud for coaching a shytty series:pachaha:.

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps

Deandre Jordan has the best FG% ever :russ:

Guess Who

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Now you’re moving the goal posts.

Obviously FG% isn’t the only metric for comparison but if we are comparing KD and Giannis who both are franchise players and play similar roles then it’s fair to use it as a metric because it denotes efficiency as the primary shot taker and efficiency is really important in basketball (hence analytics) especially as your usage rate goes up. I’m not even arguing that Giannis is better than KD, all I’m saying is that FG% is a valid metric IN that argument and it makes no sense to ignore it.

And if we really wanna be honest, using your example, Kobe needed Shaq more than vice versa during the Lakers three peat. Shaq WAS a better player during that time.

C L O N E*0690//////
Daps
Reppin
uptXwn***///***///
it looks that way

there is more accomplished there may be someone with a superior career statline across the board

but cats see a 7ft with legit guardgawd skills you gotta salute ha