Kevin Durant disses Stephen A for saying Dantoni 3s or Layups, Jordan focused marketing negatively impacted basketball

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
Except he's also one of the pioneers of the 'switch everything' philosophy. D'antoni's influence is incredible when you really think about it.
Yeah but his system and his stubbornness has been his downfall..

He refuses to adjust even though he hasn’t won the big one

He also hates the midrange which is complete trash to me

Daps
Except he doesn’t win titles and has zero defensive principals

what team was supposed to win? he lost to Tim Duncan spurs and stacked golden state teams. Phoenix was middle of the pack defensively and the rockets were top ten

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
Look at this picture book ass nxgga deflecting from the fact his own fanbase says the same thing about him. :mjlol:

ee2f554fbb9d1251292d4ca7574ef3e9.png

You have entire platinum threads dedicated to shytting on your “gimmick” :unimpressed: Your c00n ass is projection personified.. glad you leaned a new term today.. you’re welcome

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
He's right, but I wouldn't put Shannon in that discussion. Shannon is pretty fair on his bball takes for the most part, he just plays a character when discussing Bron vs MJ in order to combat Skips troll character

Skip, and SAS are the WORST things to have happened to basketball discourse. Everything is comparisons, everyone is weak (when compared to an older generation), everyone is pitted against each other like this is a 1v1 sport, and hot takes are the general go to in everything basketball related.

Thank god this hasn't happened to the NFL to this degree, but they def try their best when trying to compare QBs in a sport where there are 22 people on the field at the same time.
That being said there's a large amount of people who act like the QB isn't what makes football go and those people are definitely wrong

cornercommission2k12

so this were u dudes went
Daps
Reppin
300 murders a year
This isn’t true. Basketball is the only sport where teams supersede individuals. But it’s also not Jordan’s fault. The league chose to market him that way. Messi and Ronaldo where the biggest stars in the world but they were never bigger than Real Madrid and Barcelona and aren’t now. Those clubs are who they are. Tom Brady left and the Patriots still sell out every game. Basketball is the only sport where when a guy leaves a team most of the team’s momentum goes with him.
Jordan left and the Bulls remained a top 5 team in attendance all the way up until today. That goes for branding with the Bulls as well. Always among the top in merchandising.

You also missed the main point here if it was any truth to basketball being a sport that highlighted players over the team my point was Jordan didn't start that. Even bird and magic got more attention on and off the court than their teammates. Jordan simply was one of the first to become a international star from any sport. But it didn't start with him so the notion he changed the game for the worst and that being the reason is false. If anything Jordan should be congratulated because he began a template that athletes today still model that resulted in players getting paid more off the field or court than they do on it.

Daps

You have entire platinum threads dedicated to shytting on your “gimmick” :unimpressed: Your c00n ass is projection personified.. glad you leaned a new term today.. you’re welcome
More deflection because you got caught up in your hypocrisy. Just another day and another L in the life of your miserable existence.

:unimpressed:

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
More deflection because you got caught up in your hypocrisy. Just another day and another L in the life of your miserable existence.

:unimpressed:

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Stephen a is not wrong about Jordan. Look at all the teams in the late 90s that had young all-star duos that broke up and left to go be lone all star on their own teams.
Shaq-penny
AI - stackhouse
KG - marbury
All those duos broke up because of the ego that resulted in players wanted to be like Mike and be viewed as the man on the team.
Shaq left for LA because Orlando didn't want to pay him.

Stackhouse got traded because he and AI couldn't work together.

Steph didn't want to play in Minnesota.

Dipsey Doo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
KD is a clown. He takes this shyt too seriously. These dudes have a job to do, they need shyt to talk about everyday. No one should be taking any media personality in any sports opinions seriously. It’s a TV show to garner ratings I’m sure they don’t care as much about what they say as people like KD.

This is the end product of the AAU generation starting in the early 2000s.

Guys like KD have their ass kissed since probably 4th-5th grade and have been handed the world. Can't take mild criticism at all.

Players don't realize that the NBA broadcast partners have a financial investment and these talk shows are an avenue to drum up interest in the league to ultimately make money.

Daps
Repeating and deflecting.
Bringing up clown ass nxggas whose dumbass opinions I challenge has nothing to do with you talking about how low vibrational “narrative” based basketball coverage that has assisted in ruining the commentary around the sport - that is the very thing you're guilty of. You support the Bulls yet you've been run out of the season thread over multiple years for trolling fans who're actually trying to discuss their own team, is you being a hypocrite. You running with the narrative that Evan Mobley wouldn't be able to stay on the floor this season, and then disappear until the coast was clear and make it about the Cavs missing the playoffs, is you being a hypocrite.

That is not even remotely the same to me challenging posters who're only hating/trolling.

You'll once again prove me right and reply with the same nonsense instead of addressing your own bullshyt.

drifter

Superstar
Daps
I'll keep on saying it until it becomes a reality: can someone please send KD a Coli invite (I don't use Twitter). He needs to come home.

If ever there was a perfect time, it's now. Off-season, KD clearly has time on his hands. The Coli experience would be good for that man.

I believe there's plenty with accounts or at the very least lurk. Nobody with any public notoriety is signing up here and letting you know about it when 2 threads down there's cac this, c00n that, fba vs non or whatever the fukk. It'd be the most unforced error in PR history.

ThiefyPoo

Trill
Supporter
Daps
Iono, that's his opinion I guess.

What can't be denied is the impact these talking heads have had financially on the league and how it benefits people like KD
Ultimately these dudes talking about the same topics nonstop helped develop the 24/7 365 news cycle and the resulting increasing tv deals
Bron is at least partially a billionaire from Skip always having his dikk in his mouth. I'm sure it's annoying but as long as you're performing on the court these talking heads constantly keeping your name in the news is a good thing
You are right but I just don’t like when they make things personal .