Kevin Durant disses Stephen A for saying Dantoni 3s or Layups, Jordan focused marketing negatively impacted basketball

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
How? He’s a basketball player & talking heads just sit at a desk all day disrespecting players. That shyt effects their earning potential & possibly hall of fame chances & overall legacy..

Look at what they did to Dwight..media talked about bruh so much they left him off the all time top 75 list. Baseball HOF voters vote for media darlings.

KD is doing right by calling these guys out.
TO having to wait to get his gold jacket. :scust:

bl2k8

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Northern California
No he does not belong in that group..

Why you analog ass LeBron hating doofuses can’t see that??

If Shannon wasn’t there all people would see and hear is Faghot ass Skip gaslight and lie about LeBron everyday..

A hatin ass nikka like you just wants to see clowns shyt on Bron on TV everyday

Analog ass nikkas :hhh:
:mjlol: This nikka here.

We need somebody to protect LeBron on TV. LeBron needs a safe space!!!:damn::damn::damn:

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
If your first posts arent “I bet such and such fans….” Or you arent talking about posters, you aint posting.

You read the tweet but not heard what SAS said.
Trash poster

I did hear what SAS said. He said "MJ is responsible" :russell: if he was talking about the media he should've started with that

O.iatlhawksfan

Devoted Joel Embiid hater
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
Stephen niche is shytting on people it always has been. After a game peep how he’ll spend a couple of seconds praising the team that wins and then he goes on a rant tearing up the team that lost

NYC Rebel

Daps
I did hear what SAS said. He said "MJ is responsible" :russell: if he was talking about the media he should've started with that
Yeah. Bruh…you KNOW I dont rock with dude. But he explained it right.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Jordan left and the Bulls remained a top 5 team in attendance all the way up until today. That goes for branding with the Bulls as well. Always among the top in merchandising.

You also missed the main point here if it was any truth to basketball being a sport that highlighted players over the team my point was Jordan didn't start that. Even bird and magic got more attention on and off the court than their teammates. Jordan simply was one of the first to become a international star from any sport. But it didn't start with him so the notion he changed the game for the worst and that being the reason is false. If anything Jordan should be congratulated because he began a template that athletes today still model that resulted in players getting paid more off the field or court than they do on it.
Agreed. I think this is looked at as him changing the game because he didn't have a consistent rival. The closest being the Knicks and those games were always hyped. I'm reading Breaks of the Game right now and there are complaints in there about the league marketing Magic vs. Bird instead of Lakers-Celtics and that came out in 81. The league always gravitated to marketing stars, Celtics-Lakers just took on a life of it's own because they were two dominant teams at the same time but the marketing was still centered around Bird and Magic.

FS4LFE

Veteran
Daps
It was all fun and games when SAS and Skip were running around like PAC talking about shyt Bron for years. Now y’all seeing the damage they’ve done to people. They’ve literally birthed a generation of hot take artist.

It’s too late for that shyt now. This is what y’all asked for. Enjoy the garbage day to day disclosure.

NYC Rebel

Daps
This thread is a perfect example of what KD is talking about
Its so clear. Literally see dudes short attention span ( @10bandz ) “I only read the headline” and “I heard the first sentence” ass nikkas then run back into focusing on the make up of one off posters. And I dont think hes stupid and can engage in real discourse but it seems more important for nikkas to stay aligned to some code than to have an actual sports discussion.

But fukk Sassy A for saying shyt I have been posting for over two decades about how the league marketed MJ hurting the long term state of the brand, knowing his Kermit ass has and still is a part of the problem.

NYC Rebel

Daps
Agreed. I think this is looked at as him changing the game because he didn't have a consistent rival. The closest being the Knicks and those games were always hyped. I'm reading Breaks of the Game right now and there are complaints in there about the league marketing Magic vs. Bird instead of Lakers-Celtics and that came out in 81. The league always gravitated to marketing stars, Celtics-Lakers just took on a life of it's own because they were two dominant teams at the same time but the marketing was still centered around Bird and Magic.
The league were marketing Lakers Celtics. CBS Sports did not market their games as Bird vs Magic…it was always the history of the Lakers and Celts with recaps of the previous game or history with Magic and Larry playing staring roles.

You are gatdayum lying to yourself if it was Bob Costas soliloquies of MJ vs said team. Not even CLOSE.

CBS sports managed how NBA games were televised, NOT the NBA. When the NBA moved to NBC, they spent one year under NBC Sports before Stern took over how games were televised.

Not even close :childplease:.

I did this for a marketing class in 00.

Not even close

Edub

Veteran
Daps
He's right, but I wouldn't put Shannon in that discussion. Shannon is pretty fair on his bball takes for the most part, he just plays a character when discussing Bron vs MJ in order to combat Skips troll character

Skip, and SAS are the WORST things to have happened to basketball discourse. Everything is comparisons, everyone is weak (when compared to an older generation), everyone is pitted against each other like this is a 1v1 sport, and hot takes are the general go to in everything basketball related.

Thank god this hasn't happened to the NFL to this degree, but they def try their best when trying to compare QBs in a sport where there are 22 people on the field at the same time.
He said shannon cuz Shannon puts Bron ahead of him with no reservation