Kendrick Lamar - Like That (Drake & J. Cole Diss) (Produced Metro Boomin) (fukk A Big 3 & Remember Prince Outlived Mike Jack)

Buggsy Mogues

My spot is solidified if you ask me
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of Angels :blessed:
But it doesn't really mean anything. Like. Prince lived a few years more than MJ. Ok? They both dead. Lol.

That's all it means. No need to try and look for some deeper meaning it's just a simple bar that plays off Drake's "I'm one away from Michael" line.

There's probably also a tie-in to the fact that Drake had that fake Mike collab on Scorpion and the fact that Kendrick actually performed live w/ Prince.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Katt Williams effect. People listening bc it’s negativity

I’m not shyttin on kendrick im a fan, but it’s just weird that this is his biggest song when the song ain’t really that good. The disses are cool but musically, it’s kinda ass.

This song = H to the Omo.

Both contained light jabs but nothing groundbreaking, both songs sampled classic 80s beats but felt outdated and…kinda wack

Nobody considered Stillmatic Freestyle wack in the slightest then or now. Nas ate up the entire Roc and thats what caused Jay to add the Nas verses to Takeover. Jay has said this himself, the diss originally ended with β€œAsk Nas he don’t want it with Hov!” But Nas proved that he did indeed want it.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I would hope Cole could see through it but idk, he moves a little funny himself at times. Lyrically, Drake isn’t his equal. So, their latest song together was a little puzzling to me because I never thought he would ever co-sign or give the appearance of co-signing that sentiment. Even on the song he’s still high key saying Drake isn’t his equal lol. Add to that your points about the tour. That link up is very strange.

I’ve said it before Drake and Cole are actual friends, more so than Cole and Kendrick have ever been. They’ve been cool since day 1 and never fell out with each other. When Cole and Drake link its probably one of the only true β€œfriendships” of that generation

Braman

Superstar
Daps
Nobody considered Stillmatic Freestyle wack in the slightest then or now. Nas ate up the entire Roc and thats what caused Jay to add the Nas verses to Takeover. Jay has said this himself, the diss originally ended with β€œAsk Nas he don’t want it with Hov!” But Nas proved that he did indeed want it.

Let me rephrase, not wack but just not his β€˜final form’

At THAT time, it was like ok Nas came with it. :ehh:

It was NOT the reaction people had to Takeover, and def not the reaction people had to Ether

If the battle ends at H-Omo vs Takeover Nas career ends right then n there.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
That's all it means. No need to try and look for some deeper meaning it's just a simple bar that plays off Drake's "I'm one away from Michael" line.

There's probably also a tie-in to the fact that Drake had that fake Mike collab on Scorpion and the fact that Kendrick actually performed live w/ Prince.
I understand the line at face value. I'm trying to figure out why people think it's dope. Cause it ain't. Lol

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Let me rephrase, not wack but just not his β€˜final form’

At THAT time, it was like ok Nas came with it. :ehh:

It was NOT the reaction people had to Takeover, and def not the reaction people had to Ether

If the battle ends at H-Omo vs Takeover Nas career ends right then n there.
Nah. U must not have heard when it first dropped on Hot 97. They kept rewinding it and saying "Nasty Nas is back!.." over and over. I remember VIVIDLY. I was on my way back from ATL when it premiered.

Fresh

SOHH Vet since 2002
Daps
tired of the subs, somebody needs to call out names at this point

Fresh

SOHH Vet since 2002
Daps
Kendrick is the only one who has said names. He said it in the control verse and he said it in big steppers.

so do you think Drake is shook because Kendrick would destroy Drake's ghost writers

I don't know about J Cole being shook though, he can rap, and I thought Kendrick and Cole were cool