Kendrick Lamar - Like That (Drake & J. Cole Diss) (Produced Metro Boomin) (fukk A Big 3 & Remember Prince Outlived Mike Jack)

African_brehda

Superstar
Daps
MJ/Prince shyt got nothing to do with one being a true artist and the other not being one. Come on, Kendrick is on record praising MJ multiple times in interviews and songs (Mortal Man). He played MJ's kid a song to get his blessing to use a sample and did an entire song about MJ on Mr Morale that ultimate got left off the album.

I took it to mean MJ was significantly more successful than Prince commercially and it didn’t matter. Prince is still Prince.
That’s the beauty of the bar, open to interpretation

But his opponent has bars saying he’s a lesbian, and has grown men backing him :mjlol:

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Kendrick and Cole are cool
Drake and Cole are friends
Kendrick (in my opinion) legit doesn’t like Drake on a personal level.

Drake has thrown shots at Kendrick but mostly in retaliation. Drake has never truly wanted it with K.Dot, even when Kendrick was throwing direct barbs, Drake was going on stage and calling Kendrick a King.

Kendrick and Cole battling would more than likely be more of a competitive exercise in whose truly number 1. Cole has been HUNGRILY vying for that spot the last half decade while Kendrick has comfortably been sitting on that throne despite a 5 year absence, but the one thing that 5 years did was give Cole momentum. Kendrick would have to bring his lyrical A game for this one

Kendrick and Drake battling would involve actual vitriol and dislike. There would be personal attacks, history rehashed, secrets unburied. It would be this generation’s Nas Vs Jay-Z minus a Helen Of Troy like figure being at the heart of the matter. I’m most interested in learning what it is that Kendrick can’t stand about Drake that caused him to really stand on business when so many other artists decided to befriend him or be cool with him. Drake and Meek went through a real war and ended up cool. Chris Brown and Drake’s camps ended up in a brawl and their cool and do songs together. The only two artists who seem to be on the “fukk Drake forever” train are Push and Kendrick.
Honestly I think Kendrick don’t fukk with Drake is because he sees him as a fake nikka. Like it probably bothers him how this nikka glorifies having shooters but has never grew up in that enviornment to see how horrific it can be. Also he knows Drake is the type to buy your love and respect rather than earn it.

MisterMajesty

All Star
Daps
Reppin
South London
Kendrick and Cole are cool
Drake and Cole are friends
Kendrick (in my opinion) legit doesn’t like Drake on a personal level.

Drake has thrown shots at Kendrick but mostly in retaliation. Drake has never truly wanted it with K.Dot, even when Kendrick was throwing direct barbs, Drake was going on stage and calling Kendrick a King.

Kendrick and Cole battling would more than likely be more of a competitive exercise in whose truly number 1. Cole has been HUNGRILY vying for that spot the last half decade while Kendrick has comfortably been sitting on that throne despite a 5 year absence, but the one thing that 5 years did was give Cole momentum. Kendrick would have to bring his lyrical A game for this one

Kendrick and Drake battling would involve actual vitriol and dislike. There would be personal attacks, history rehashed, secrets unburied. It would be this generation’s Nas Vs Jay-Z minus a Helen Of Troy like figure being at the heart of the matter. I’m most interested in learning what it is that Kendrick can’t stand about Drake that caused him to really stand on business when so many other artists decided to befriend him or be cool with him. Drake and Meek went through a real war and ended up cool. Chris Brown and Drake’s camps ended up in a brawl and their cool and do songs together. The only two artists who seem to be on the “fukk Drake forever” train are Push and Kendrick.

Kendrick is a man of the culture, first and foremost. Everthing that drake does, from ghostwriting to the way he did the meek mill battle IRKS him the same way it annoys many of us. Dude was probably sat there staring at the screen like "Look at this bytch nikka :scust::hhh:" when he saw how he backed down vs Push

Buggsy Mogues

My spot is solidified if you ask me
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of Angels :blessed:
I understand the line at face value. I'm trying to figure out why people think it's dope. Cause it ain't. Lol

It's pretty straight forward ultimately. He references First Person Shooter and then later does the Mike/Prince line because Drake compared himself to Mike in that song. Its a pretty clever call back IMO but ultimately its a matter of opinion if you like it or not :yeshrug:

Cuban Pete

Aka 305DeadCounty
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY MONOPOLY
Honestly I think Kendrick don’t fukk with Drake is because he sees him as a fake nikka. Like it probably bothers him how this nikka glorifies having shooters but has never grew up in that enviornment to see how horrific it can be. Also he knows Drake is the type to buy your love and respect rather than earn it.
This

Braman

Superstar
Daps
MJ/Prince shyt got nothing to do with one being a true artist and the other not being one. Come on, Kendrick is on record praising MJ multiple times in interviews and songs (Mortal Man). He played MJ's kid a song to get his blessing to use a sample and did an entire song about MJ on Mr Morale that ultimate got left off the album.

I took it to mean MJ was significantly more successful than Prince commercially and it didn’t matter. Prince is still Prince.

200w.gif

How you type all that just to come to the same gotdamn conclusion :gucci:

“Prince is Prince” = the one who’s generally regarded as the more musical, better all around artist. Like we just said :mjtf:

Braman

Superstar
Daps

🎯 It’s wild that it even needs explaining.

You’d probably have to be of a certain age and have certain ties to the culture :mjpls: to understand.

Jay Z said as much on Ngga we made ‘chase a yakub back in the cave’. But the culture is so watered down that there’s enough people who don’t see or care about it. DEI rap game

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Kendrick is a man of the culture, first and foremost. Everthing that drake does, from ghostwriting to the way he did the meek mill battle IRKS him the same way it annoys many of us. Dude was probably sat there staring at the screen like "Look at this bytch nikka :scust::hhh:" when he saw how he backed down vs Push
You know it was bad when Drake had to send the Ovo goons jump push when came on stage in Toronto. Drake couldn’t do that to Kendrick because I guarantee it would be a no fly zone in for him in LA.

Last edited:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
It you think kendrick verse is a subliminal, you need to pick up a dictionary :laff:
This the generation that needs everything spelled out for them. Watching dumbed down shows on some “so the plot twist happened when you faked your death, I’m going to get revenge on you in episode 17 Jody!!!!”

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
Nah he’s definitely involved with more shyt that you’d think.

As long as the man who pissed on him is alive and walking this earth Aubrey a ho:hubie:

K dot don't need to do all that gangster talk. He's a humble man of god. But don't get it twisted. He's certified on his turf and always connected.

I'm the only nikka next to Snoop that can push the button
Have the Coast on standby
I box 'em all in, by a landslide
Nah homie we too sensitive, it spill out to the streets

I make the call and get the coast involved then history repeats

OEtluC.gif

Drake got gang ties. Kenny got family ties. There's a difference:childplease: