Kendrick Lamar is the Kevin Hart of hiphop

WEKetchum

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
songs are flat and boring. Kendrick suffers from I THINK I'M DOPER THAN I AM syndrome. Like alotta of so called lyrical rappers,he has trouble making strong emotional songs,because he doesnt know when to turn off being too artsy,when it's time to BE FELT AND MORE DIRECT AND DESCRIPTIVE. Also he raps the exact same way BOTH SONGS (some boring ass fake andre3k flow) and also mentions BRENDA'S GOT A BABY in both songs (which is why you got confused). This nikka is fukking corny. Trying to summon pac's depth in the studio and failing. Niether of these weak ass songs were worth mentioning. Sound like some corny ass white boy doing a essay on the hoodlife. He dont sound like a nikka that really saw something and put you there with his song. You fukk nikkas better go listen to nas,pac,face,early cube,early dmx and learn the difference.

Lol music is subjective obviously. I love how you asked for depth, then when I show you all that depth in a relatively quantitative way, you just use broad terms like flat and boring. Dislike the songs as much as you want, and dislike the flows, but saying he isn't descriptive is simply incorrect. Agree to disagree though I guess, convo isn't going anywhere

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
Lol music is subjective obviously. I love how you asked for depth, then when I show you all that depth in a relatively quantitative way, you just use broad terms like flat and boring. Dislike the songs as much as you want, and dislike the flows, but saying he isn't descriptive is simply incorrect. Agree to disagree though I guess, convo isn't going anywhere
lmao @ u being impressed by that weak shyt.you're too stupid to see the difference. and i feel sorry for you. i guess if he mentions brenda's got a baby in a 3rd song,you'll think that's deep too

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
NO I DONT,everything's going as planned. Your primitive rebuttals arent stopping the message. There's no way listeners cant see the difference,rather they respond or not. I know i put it down well enough to leave a lasting mark.
So you've got an agenda to hate on Kendrick no matter what then. You don't have any interest in actually debating the music. Aka - troll.

Didn't you make the Tru > Wu Tang thread?

WEKetchum

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
lmao @ u being impressed by that weak shyt.you're too stupid to see the difference. and i feel sorry for you. i guess if he mentions brenda's got a baby in a 3rd song,you'll think that's deep too

lol he mentioned Brenda's Got A Baby twice because the songs are connected: the woman in Sing About Me is talking about Keisha's Song because that's her sister. That's done intentionally as a tool to tie those songs together and continue the narrative. (I'm sure that's another one of the literary devices that mattered so much to you until I pointed out how Kendrick uses, lol). Maybe you didn't notice it since you've already made a point to hate Drake anyway. You're the one who's stupid for responding to an actual debate with qualitative shyt like "this is flat and boring" when I brought facts to the conversation.

Don't feel sorry for me G, album is a 91 on Metacritic. There's obviously something behind this album getting the widespread acclaim that it's gotten, and there's a reason that even all of the legends that are out at this point who lived these previous eras are giving props to this dude. I know the difference between the two, I have to because of the field I'm in.

You don't like the music, that's fine. Like I said, agree to disagree. Music is ultimately subjective, so these are mostly opinions anyway.

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
So you've got an agenda to hate on Kendrick no matter what then. You don't have any interest in actually debating the music. Aka - troll.

Didn't you make the Tru > Wu Tang thread?
see,i dropped a couple of napalm bombs at your bullshyt yesterday afternoon. Your responses were so weak and you basically danced around truly answering to these great points i made and danced around it because you had notihng strong to say. Instead you interjected some weak shyt ,in attempt to avoid answering and get me to answer some weak stances by you,while avoiding the fact that you got bodied on page 7. I know anyone reading this with an open mind is going to know the things i've said made much more sense than your stance. Easy win for me. I'll respond when you got a stronger argument towards the nukes i dropped.

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
lol he mentioned Brenda's Got A Baby twice because the songs are connected: the woman in Sing About Me is talking about Keisha's Song because that's her sister. That's done intentionally as a tool to tie those songs together and continue the narrative. (I'm sure that's another one of the literary devices that mattered so much to you until I pointed out how Kendrick uses, lol). Maybe you didn't notice it since you've already made a point to hate Drake anyway. You're the one who's stupid for responding to an actual debate with qualitative shyt like "this is flat and boring" when I brought facts to the conversation.

Don't feel sorry for me G, album is a 91 on Metacritic. There's obviously something behind this album getting the widespread acclaim that it's gotten, and there's a reason that even all of the legends that are out at this point who lived these previous eras are giving props to this dude. I know the difference between the two, I have to because of the field I'm in.

You don't like the music, that's fine. Like I said, agree to disagree. Music is ultimately subjective, so these are mostly opinions anyway.
I feel sorry cause you're happily brainwashed and fighting to remain that way. Album being 91 on whatever wont change that

WEKetchum

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I feel sorry cause you're happily brainwashed and fighting to remain that way. Album being 91 on whatever wont change that

lmao, nobody's brainwashed. I've made a living writing about rap for years, I've spoken with past and present legends, I listen to a wide range of rap, and I study it. That's not to say that my opinion means more than yours, because I'm here to discuss music; just saying that I'm more than capable of thinking for myself. That's sophomoric to say that someone is "brainwashed" just because they don't agree with you :stopitslime:

FYI, Metacritic amasses all of the reviews for content from around the net. So the 91/100 score is amassing all of the reviews that GKMC got from everywhere. He's one of the few in this new era that got lots of critical acclaim and sales, not just one or the other. People find the music authentic, candid, and they respect the narrative depth of the record.

Read Sing About Me and Keisha's Song line for line and you should see how much detail and depth he uses in telling these people's stories. Details about growing up, details about their day to day life, details about specific incidences, and he captures the way that they think. I respect legends like Pac, Biggie, Scarface, etc. just as much as anyone, but I'm not one of those cats that's going to give them points over a newer record just because it's a name who is known as a legend. Very few people these days can drop records that are as descriptive/substantive as them, and I think Kendrick is one of the few. All those songs you posted are incredible, no doubt about it. But on a lyrical level, I think those stand up to that level, or at the very least, approach that level.

But if Sing About Me and Keisha's Song aren't descriptive to you - which is well within your right - then the conversation is useless.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The difference is that Kendrick Lamar is actually talented, but I kind of get the comparison. Kendrick at least has GKMC and some notable features to back up his hype. With Kevin Hart, there's really only Soul Plane (which people only talk about or reference as being one of the worst movies ever). I wonder if anyone even remembers his early roles in movies like Paper Soliders (which really looked like a knock-off State Property).

To me Kevin Hart as an actor is type cast. He has at least two or three movies where he's the abused divorcee. That or he's the pathetic guy that has trouble landing the girl. That or he's the hustler who is trying to change his life.

Kevin Hart is very talented too. I disagree if you say he is not...but I do agree to an extent that he is type-cast and somewhat in a box. He is certainly not as versatile as the greats before him. Kendrick and Kevin alike benefit from a void period in their respective arts. Whenever a void is present there is always a need for artists, entertainers, athletes, etc....to be overhyped and overrated.

WEKetchum

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Look guys, Top Ramen is straight, he just aint THE guy. Yall been mislead.

I think Kendrick and Drake are both "THE" guys right now, in terms of skill level and releasing quality content that showcases their strengths. Lupe is other-worldly talent, and more technically skilled than both of them on a technical level, but his last two albums haven't showed his strengths like his first two albums did. He's released a lot of fire this year though, looking forward to his next project.

MINT

All Star
Daps
I don't like kendrick, but he is just too good right now, so I can understand why OP is feeling insecure about his favorite rapper.

Alos, don't talk about interscope buying albums, 80% of the rappers on interscope can't sell shyt and I hear kednrick's songs everywhere, EVERYWHERE.

and even if I'm a hater I have to be real and I'll say this: I wouldn't be surprise if kendrick becomes one of the best rappers. Dude got the full package, I can see more talent in him than most of the nikkas from the 90's

Last edited:

WEKetchum

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I don't like kendrick, but he is jsut too good right now, so I can udnerstand why OP is feeling insecure about his favorite rapper.

Alos, don't talk about interscope buying albums, 80% of the rappers on interscope can't sell shyt and I hear kednrick's songs everywhere, EVERYWHERE.

Yeah I can understand not liking him with one's personal tastes, but he's performing at a high level right now.

MINT

All Star
Daps
Yeah I can understand not liking him with one's personal tastes, but he's performing at a high level right now.

that's it, I don't like him and his music but in my opinion, he is one of the very best right now

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
see,i dropped a couple of napalm bombs at your bullshyt yesterday afternoon. Your responses were so weak and you basically danced around truly answering to these great points i made and danced around it because you had notihng strong to say. Instead you interjected some weak shyt ,in attempt to avoid answering and get me to answer some weak stances by you,while avoiding the fact that you got bodied on page 7. I know anyone reading this with an open mind is going to know the things i've said made much more sense than your stance. Easy win for me. I'll respond when you got a stronger argument towards the nukes i dropped.
Troll on.