Kendrick Lamar is the Kevin Hart of hiphop

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The difference is that Kendrick Lamar is actually talented, but I kind of get the comparison. Kendrick at least has GKMC and some notable features to back up his hype. With Kevin Hart, there's really only Soul Plane (which people only talk about or reference as being one of the worst movies ever). I wonder if anyone even remembers his early roles in movies like Paper Soliders (which really looked like a knock-off State Property).

To me Kevin Hart as an actor is type cast. He has at least two or three movies where he's the abused divorcee. That or he's the pathetic guy that has trouble landing the girl. That or he's the hustler who is trying to change his life.
You just had him typecast as three different roles. That's not typecast hater.

Daps
you dont get it. I've seen better shyt in my life time so i'm not impressed by kdots so called creativitiy. Most of these new nikkas aint shyt to me. Projects i like over the past few years would Be Fat joe's darkside 1 and 3. Asher roth's asleep in the bread Aisle. Teflon don, rich forever. Alley boy's Gift of discernment,Purgatory and other tapes. TI's new shyt,Lil snupe's newest tape,Master p's al capone,Eightball's premro #1,lil b i'm gay (i'm happy) tape. Various shyt for different reasons. But i still listen to dope albums from the 80's to current and i do this daily. I listen to music at work at least 7-8 hours. I gotta playlist of misc R&B and hiphop songs from 90-95 over 350 songs. And a whole bunch of full albums. SO if a nikka really supposed to be that nikka,he gon have to prove it. like i said before "if you was one of the dumb nikkas that though wayne was EVER the best rapper alive,then you might foolishly believe kdot has something special" I dont even see how he's better than wale ,personally. He's boring,his stories sound fake as fukk and his voice is annoying as fukk. I'm not impressed.

You call Kendrick fugazi etc etc but you actually listen to Ross, s**t doesn't add up b. There's nobody more fugazi than Ross. This is not me hating on Ross cause some of his joints are cool but you contradicting yaself.

I just don't get the constant need to hate on Kendrick, I don't mess wit Drake or a lot of these new nikkas but I don't feel the need to start thread after thread or make post after post hating on them, I just don't get it bro

I could say a lot about this thread but it's pointless really

Last edited:

Killalex

Hov did it so you don't have to
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TDE
Kendrick isn't going anywhere.

Why ya'll gotta hate on our Pac, this shyt is petty. Bandwagon motherfukkers :mjcry:

SirBiatch

Prince of Persia. Stalked for daps
Daps
You call Kendrick fugazi etc etc but you actually listen to Ross, s**t doesn't add up b. There's nobody more fugazi than Ross. This is not me hating on Ross cause some of his joints are cool but you contradicting yaself.

Ross is definitely the epitome of fugazi, who has always made terrible music. I'll take Kendrick's wack ass over Ross's any day.

Though Ross is more popular on a street level, and Kendrick isn't (though his team and fans pretend he is to boost the 'he's talking about real shyt' image). That's been dude's argument from day one and I can't really disagree with that.

I just don't get the constant need to hate on Kendrick, I don't mess wit Drake or a lot of these new nikkas but I don't feel the need to start thread after thread or make post after post hating on him, I just don't get it bro

Your post is a common ideology that the new gen have adopted, and frankly it's stifling your culture. It takes no effort to give an opinion, positive or negative. Besides, people who start threads are trying to provoke discussion. and discussion is a good thing because we can learn more about others tastes and reflect on our own.

I don't get this idea that somehow music isn't worth discussing unless you're praising it. Seems fear-based and dikkriderish to me

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps

I just don't get the constant need to hate on Kendrick, I don't mess wit Drake or a lot of these new nikkas but I don't feel the need to start thread after thread or make post after post hating on him, I just don't get it bro

He's getting paid to do this breh... don't waste your time man

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps

Like i said,various shyt for various reasons. I dont like kdot because he sounds awful on the mic and his militant ravings sounds like comic book tales. nikkas try to use the "kendrick is different " angle to argue for his props.I'M SAYING, THE shyt HE'S DOING to be so called different,sounds fake anyway,so why would i care. And his actual music is boring sounding also.

Daps
Ross is definitely the epitome of fugazi, who has always made terrible music. I'll take Kendrick's wack ass over Ross's any day.

Though Ross is more popular on a street level, and Kendrick isn't (though his team and fans pretend he is to boost the 'he's talking about real shyt' image). That's been dude's argument from day one and I can't really disagree with that.

Your post is a common ideology that the new gen have adopted, and frankly it's stifling your culture. It takes no effort to give an opinion, positive or negative. Besides, people who start threads are trying to provoke discussion. and discussion is a good thing because we can learn more about others tastes and reflect on our own.

I don't get this idea that somehow music isn't worth discussing unless you're praising it. Seems fear-based and dikkriderish to me

First off I'm 34 bro, so that new gen ideology doesn't apply to me and it's one thing to have dialogue but from the lil time I spend on the Coli, this is straight up hate or jus going against the grain to the utmost. Like nikkas got your point 5 threads ago lol, you don't *uck wit Kendrick you think he trash we get it

Daps
Like i said,various shyt for various reasons. I dont like kdot because he sounds awful on the mic and his militant ravings sounds like comic book tales. nikkas try to use the "kendrick is different " angle to argue for his props.I'M SAYING, THE shyt HE'S DOING to be so called different,sounds fake anyway,so why would i care. And his actual music is boring sounding also.

That's cool you don't *uck wit Kendrick we get it bro, in my opinion what's different to me is the kinda cds he puts out but he still viewed as mainstream, he's not putting out commercial joints trying to go pop, I can appreciate that. I don't see him compromising especially on To Pimp a Butterfly.

As far as the newer gen, I mess wit Kendrick the most, but I don't feel he's this great lyricist or all time great. But to me he makes good music and GKMC is a nice piece of work

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
fair enough. I think his earlier stuff is incredible. Maybe it's just a taste thing but I was absolutely floored. Like Suge Knight floored. Any reasons in particular why you're not feeling dude's music? To me, he's the only good hardcore rapper of the new generation. Nothing in the last 10 years goes as hard as Rocky's music.

Who are your absolute favorites of the last 10 years?
i havent listened to him alot,heard a few songs,wasnt moved and didnt look any deeper afterwards.
So you could be right,me feeling like meh abut the songs i heard and then me not liking his persona,made me turn my back.
Favorites as in albums or artists?

OHSNAP!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Kendrick Lamar is an excellent rapper with great songs and albums
Kevin Hart is a mediocre comedian with not one good movie/TV role whatsoever

where's the comparison?

SirBiatch

Prince of Persia. Stalked for daps
Daps
i havent listened to him alot,heard a few songs,wasnt moved and didnt look any deeper afterwards.

Take in that Live.Love.ASAP. shyt is brilliant. It's weird at first, but the shyt is kinda like a relaxed Wu-tang. I kid you not. A lot of those beats are next-level shyt. Stuff I've never heard before.

And what I love about it is that it's HIP HOP. like real hardcore hip hop. None of this pop-fusion jazz knockoff shyt. Rocky raps with a lot of energy, grit and confidence. The beats are raw.

In case you're interested and wanna check out his superb shyt:

The hard shyt: Pretty Flacko, Brand New Guy, Bass
The funky shyt: Peso, Trilla, Kissin Pink
The laidback, dreamy shyt: Palace, Wassup, Demons, Leaf, Keep It G, Purple Swag Chapter 2

All the other stuff he's released is questionable imo.

Favorites as in albums or artists?

both. Who's really blowing your mind in the last 10 years? an album, an artist...

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You just had him typecast as three different roles. That's not typecast hater.

I'm not a hater. I did screw up saying he was typecast in three different roles. He is a typecast though. Every role he's played, or at least the ones I've seen him in have him playing the "mitch". He's even parodied that on that show he has on BET.