Keep Justin Fields or draft a new QB?

If you in charge who is the Bears QB in 2024?

• Fields

• Caleb

• Maye

• Penix

• Other prospect

Results are only viewable after voting.

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
I'm not directy comparing the teams. The point is the Bears aren't the only ones beating the bad teams to rack up wins. The Bears are better than the bad teams but not the good teams. They're getting there. It's progress because they were the bad team last season.

Caleb is not a lock to be elite and I don't think his game or body type would be the best fit for Chicago. I don't know enough about Drake Maye or how he'd fit but I'd rather keep Fields than go with an unknown.

They can trade up in next year's draft with all the picks they'll have.
ya'll still a bad team this year :dahell:

ya'll always say u making progress yet ya'll dont. :dahell:

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
for those who wanna keep Fields, Id want to see the contract numbers you are willing to pay him

I dont disagree that you can get a kings ransom for #1 pick this year, and historically it has almost always been worth it to get the kings ransom over the top QB in the draft.

The problem is that you will have to commit to Fields long-term...shyt if I were a bears fan Id almost say, get a kings ransom for #1, dont extend Fields and franchise him if anything and see if you can get another QB in the first.

That way you don't pass up the generational pick haul, you can still extend Fields if hes that guy later on even though it will fukk up trust short-term, and you get to at least swing on a QB on a rookie contract. This may have negative consequences of trying to do too much and sit on too many chairs, but its something Id lean towards :manny:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
I agree. You also get to reset with a rookie deal by drafting Caleb Williams. They didn’t pick up Fields 5th year option. Trade him.

your wanna pay a new rookie 41 million total? or you wanna be paying a resigning of Fields for damn near over 35 to 40 per year? let me know what you would do.
Paying Fields less over the next 2 years while getting a chance to substantially bolster the overall non-QB talent of the roster and still getting a chance to sign him to a $20 mill per year contract or less (his play hasn't dictated that he'll get a 35-40 mil contract) is honestly a safer bet than assuming Caleb is all-pro with the bums on that chicago roster.

I think they will end up getting Caleb but resetting with a rookie deal isn't a real factor here. Plus the fact that Fields is only 2 years older than Caleb..there's room to grow and build

Flex Luger

Job Is Finished
Daps
That's exactly what I'd do. Except my trade down price would be The Commanders number 1 (2024), their number 2 (2024), their number 1 (2025), and Mclaurin. Then I'd draft Marvin Harrison Jr, and a bunch of defensive studs and an o-lineman.

No team is gonna bend over for the Bears like the Panthers did last year

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
trade Justin & DJ to WASH

swap 1st

• CHI gets WASH 3rd/4th = Nabers WR
  • WASH gets CHI 8th/9th = either Penn State or Notre Dame OT
  • CHI gets WASH 3rd

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
get several picks including future #1s for #1 for caleb and trade out of the #1 pick
draft someone like penix as part of the haul in middle/end of the first round if possible, if not just draft BPAs

dont extend fields but pick up his 5th year option and be prepared to franchise him if needed

that would probably be the smartest from monetary side of things. but can cause internal problems :pachaha:

reserved_one

#Ambivertgang
Daps
Reppin
So.ILL/Raider Nation
I would 100% keep Fields. The Bears are trending upwards and have made decent progress compared to last season. I don’t think Caleb is that much better than Justin. The hype with Caleb seems manufactured. Fields got 2 years under his belt and the majority of Bears fans seem to want him back based off his recent performances.

They were even chanting “we want fields” at the front office after their win last week. He’s gained a lot of support. Is it worth it to even roll the dice on Caleb? I’m not saying he gonna be trash but if he turns out to be a bust and Fields goes to Atlanta and ball out it would be the worst decision Chicago has ever made imo

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
Paying Fields less over the next 2 years while getting a chance to substantially bolster the overall non-QB talent of the roster and still getting a chance to sign him to a $20 mill per year contract or less (his play hasn't dictated that he'll get a 35-40 mil contract) is honestly a safer bet than assuming Caleb is all-pro with the bums on that chicago roster.

I think they will end up getting Caleb but resetting with a rookie deal isn't a real factor here. Plus the fact that Fields is only 2 years older than Caleb..there's room to grow and build
if both were in this years draft class, who you taking?

nevermind dont answer this. I just think its smarter to reset and add other pieces on this team to ANY QB

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
how ? hes from 2021 draft class
what am I missing ?

option isnt exercised

Ima call @FakeNews in here :pachaha:
I assumed they didnt going by this exchange earlier in the thread
I agree. You also get to reset with a rookie deal by drafting Caleb Williams. They didn’t pick up Fields 5th year option. Trade him.
this..

its alll about being able to reset the rookie clock. Thats first and foremost.

Maybe they still have it on the table:hubie:

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
I would 100% keep Fields. The Bears are trending upwards and have made decent progress compared to last season. I don’t think Caleb is that much better than Justin. The hype with Caleb seems manufactured. Fields got 2 years under his belt and the majority of Bears fans seem to want him back based off his recent performances.

They were even chanting “we want fields” at the front office after their win last week. He’s gained a lot of support. Is it worth it to even roll the dice on Caleb? I’m not saying he gonna be trash but if he turns out to be a bust and Fields goes to Atlanta and ball out it would be the worst decision Chicago has ever made imo
going from 6-11 to 3-13 to soon to be 7-10 isnt much progress. Fields is what he is. He cant make throws consistently. Has nothing to do with who he throwing to. Mahomes can throw but his WR's cant catch which is why his numbers are down. That isnt the case in Chicago. Fields has never thrown for 20 TD's since starting. The man is ass juice plain and simple.