Keep Justin Fields or draft a new QB?

If you in charge who is the Bears QB in 2024?

• Fields

• Caleb

• Maye

• Penix

• Other prospect

Results are only viewable after voting.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
I assumed they didnt going by this exchange earlier in the thread

Maybe they still have it on the table:hubie:
I dont even think options for 2021 class can be declined or accepted yet
it usually happens in the spring after the draft with deadline around beginning of May

so Bears can wait until after the draft to pick it up or decline

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
for those who wanna keep Fields, Id want to see the contract numbers you are willing to pay him

I dont disagree that you can get a kings ransom for #1 pick this year, and historically it has almost always been worth it to get the kings ransom over the top QB in the draft.

The problem is that you will have to commit to Fields long-term...shyt if I were a bears fan Id almost say, get a kings ransom for #1, dont extend Fields and franchise him if anything and see if you can get another QB in the first.

That way you don't pass up the generational pick haul, you can still extend Fields if hes that guy later on even though it will fukk up trust short-term, and you get to at least swing on a QB on a rookie contract. This may have negative consequences of trying to do too much and sit on too many chairs, but its something Id lean towards :manny:
You don't have to pay him yet. You can pick up his 5th year option and decide in 2026, This is probably the best course..... If he takes a jump next year, give him the Ryan Tannehill deal(4/118, 20M signing bonus, 29.5M AAV)

Trust Me

Coli Prophet
Daps
Reppin
Orlando
for those who wanna keep Fields, Id want to see the contract numbers you are willing to pay him

I dont disagree that you can get a kings ransom for #1 pick this year, and historically it has almost always been worth it to get the kings ransom over the top QB in the draft.

The problem is that you will have to commit to Fields long-term...shyt if I were a bears fan Id almost say, get a kings ransom for #1, dont extend Fields and franchise him if anything and see if you can get another QB in the first.

That way you don't pass up the generational pick haul, you can still extend Fields if hes that guy later on even though it will fukk up trust short-term, and you get to at least swing on a QB on a rookie contract. This may have negative consequences of trying to do too much and sit on too many chairs, but its something Id lean towards :manny:
Yea this is pretty much where I'm at. Honestly, I'd throw out a 3/45M offer (15 per) and see if he bites and stays in Chicago. There might be a team or 2 that goes to 20.. and if there is, have his agent bring it back to upper management (if he wants to stay) I wouldn't go over 20M per if I were Chicago. If he takes it, that's a 3 year window with a happy medium between fully resetting the QB clock, and going full blown 35-40M per like most QB's are going for these days.

Fact is, no one's gonna throw him 35-40M per.. so you might have something here if you're Chicago. There would be endless possibilities for that #1 pick and what it could bring you back. Depending on how low you'd be willing to fall on the pick swap. Chicago's in a GREAT place right now. They hold all the cards and have all the power in every scenario.

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
going from 6-11 to 3-13 to soon to be 7-10 isnt much progress. Fields is what he is. He cant make throws consistently. Has nothing to do with who he throwing to. Mahomes can throw but his WR's cant catch which is why his numbers are down. That isnt the case in Chicago. Fields has never thrown for 20 TD's since starting. The man is ass juice plain and simple.
I think the Bears fans are so franchise qb starved that they dont wanna chance drafting Caleb and hes a bust and be left with nothing.

But Fields isnt some QB that you rue if you move on from him. Hes a less talented Cam

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
If im a Bears fan, im absolutely sick I dont have CJ Stroud right now. Why would I risk passing up on a franchise guy once again for someone that is in year 4 and needs to be given an extension soon
We blew it with Stroud and our fans want the Bears to blow it again by passing on quality QBs to keep a guy that can't pass, can't beat Green Bay and can't win.

What are we keeping him for?
Trade the guy, my goodness don't yall want to freakin win

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
I'm not directy comparing the teams. The point is the Bears aren't the only ones beating the bad teams to rack up wins. The Bears are better than the bad teams but not the good teams. They're getting there. It's progress because they were the bad team last season.

Caleb is not a lock to be elite and I don't think his game or body type would be the best fit for Chicago. I don't know enough about Drake Maye or how he'd fit but I'd rather keep Fields than go with an unknown.

They can trade up in next year's draft with all the picks they'll have.

Fields is NOT a good QB breh, what are you seeing that makes him worth trading out of 2 no. 1 overall picks? What the heck has he done?

Raquinotj

#NBATwitter #NBAReddit #6ixRings #PatsNation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of champions BAWSTON
Caleb of course. Fields isn't good.

Justin Fields weeks 1 through 11
73.7 PFF grade,
-0.009 EPA/Play,
3-8 record.

Justin Fields weeks 12 through 17
72.0 PFF grade,
-0.013 EPA/Play,
4-1 record

Only difference is the Chicago Bears defense has been 1st in the NFL in EPA per play since week 10.

Imagine being the GM known for passing on Caleb Williams by persisting with this guy :mjlol:

Coli Militants will ignore that, this is who he been his whole career, he got enough reps. Chicago saw what they wanted to see and they're stuck in the mud with Fields. Time to move on, Draft the franchise cornerstone at QB and the best OL or WR available with their 2nd pick.

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
Is Williams gonna make the receivers catch the ball? Is he gonna make the O-Line stop making dumb penalties or the center from making bad snaps? Is he gonna make Getsy run plays that aren’t situational? Williams is compared to Mahomes. The REAL Mahomes numbers are down because his receivers can’t catch. Bears have an even worse team overall than KC, yet somehow, Williams will come in and make the team better.

And this is assuming he will even be better than Fields.
breh Justin Fields is sorry
look at his Tape!!! he can't process shyt. He's only passed for over 225yds 6 times, never thrown for 20 Tds in a season, can't beat Green Bay and can't win.
Why are we keeping this dude, cause he can run? I want a freaking QB not a RB

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
see ya'll keep pointing fingers in directions that deserve it but never really hold Fields accountable. The nikka is in his 3rd year and has never thrown more than 20 td's or post a winning season.

Look what Love is doing his first year starting with a bunch of fukking rookies and injuries. You cant tell me shyt about Fields not having weapons when Love playing with a bunch of 20 year olds. Fields has Moore who is a 1300 yard WR. The problem is Fields sucks at reading defenses and staying in the pocket. nikka runs outside a CLEAN pocket every time i see him play. Then he throws shytty throws with occasional decent ones.

There's so many break down film on Fields that he misses wide open players and chooses to run or take a sack.

Get him out of Chicago NOW :camby:

I don't know what games these people been watching, the man can not play QB. I have absolutely no patience for this crap anymore. I'm not watching this bs no more. Get a freaking QB that can play.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Coli Militants will ignore that, this is who he been his whole career, he got enough reps. Chicago saw what they wanted to see and they're stuck in the mud with Fields. Time to move on, Draft the franchise cornerstone at QB and the best OL or WR available with their 2nd pick.

Coli militants but the options are moving from him onto another black qb? Ya'll so fukking corny on here :skip: