Keep Justin Fields or draft a new QB?

If you in charge who is the Bears QB in 2024?

• Fields

• Caleb

• Maye

• Penix

• Other prospect

Results are only viewable after voting.

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Youre misinterpreting my point. Obviously the team is trending upwards, but those wins (one when Fields didnt even play) arent stopping me from taking the top QB prospect in years. Now granted, a dude like Trevor Lawerence hasnt panned out and lived up to the hype, but I would be sick as a Bears fan to pass on a CJ Stroud type of QB.

Keep it a buck, if yall kept #1 pick last year and took Stroud, how much better would you feel about this team with him on a rookie contract?
Lawrence definitely hasn't lived up the hype at all and yet he's still better than Fields by a fair margin
Feel like I'm taking crazy pills with this Fields shyt
He's not a good passer
Caleb is going to be significantly better

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
Fields is making like 6 mill next year isn't he? or am I missing something.
its like 20 million total or some shyt.. maybe lower over 4 years.

Question is would you resign him for current market rate or start over knowing you got another 4yrs on the clock with a rookie

nothing against Fields.. but look at my team with Dak. he got all this shyt around him and cant get right. we paying over 40 a year. smh

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
Lawrence definitely hasn't lived up the hype at all and yet he's still better than Fields by a fair margin
Feel like I'm taking crazy pills with this Fields shyt
He's not a good passer
Caleb is going to be significantly better
If im a Bears fan, im absolutely sick I dont have CJ Stroud right now. Why would I risk passing up on a franchise guy once again for someone that is in year 4 and needs to be given an extension soon

Po pimp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town
The smart thing to do is to keep him. Anyone who has watched the Bears knows he hasn’t been the problem. The Bears receiving core last year consisted of Darnell Mooney as the WR1 and a bunch of other no names. Bears defense ranked dead last a season ago and that continued this season up until maybe the 5th game.

Much rather have an improving Fields with Moore and another elite receiver, a shored up offensive line, and help to the defensive line PLUS more draft capital (like a similar haul that we got last season. You draft Williams, you MIGHT get a 2nd rounder for Fields, and then you have the 10th pick in the draft. That isn’t enough to improve the team, and we might get even worse, killing all the momentum. Fan base would turn on Williams (they already think he’s soft and a prima donna) even more than they did with Fields (as most are starting to come around on him). Also, all his teammates love him and he's a leader on this squad. Would Williams command that same respect?

Last edited:

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
Fields is due for an extension after next season. Is he worth 30-40 million? Hell no. Trade him and take Cade

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
The smart thing to do is to keep him. Anyone who has watched the Bears knows he hasn’t been the problem. The Bears receiving core last year consisted of Darnell Mooney as the WR1 and a bunch of other no names. Bears defense ranked dead last a season ago and that continued this season up until maybe the 5th game.

Much rather have an improving Fields with Moore and another elite receiver, a shored up offensive line, and help to the defensive line PLUS more draft capital (like a similar haul that we got last season. You draft Williams, you MIGHT get a 2nd rounder for Fields, and then you have the 10th pick in the draft. That isn’t enough to improve the team, and we might get even worse, killing all the momentum. Fan base would turn on Williams even more than they did with Fields (as most are starting to come around on him). Also, all his teammates love him and he's a leader on this squad. Would Williams command that same respect?
Yeah I saw that, there might be a bit of a mutiny if they get rid of Fields for a rookie QB.

My thing is, I think you can leverage that #1 pick to fill a ton of spots for your team. If Fields is still the problem, you have a ready made good situation down the road for a young QB to hit the ground running.

Po pimp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town
Wins this season

@ WAS
Vs LV
Vs Car
@ MIN
Vs DET
Vs ARI
Vs ATL

1 team w a winning record. Im not keeping a QB that hasnt shown much because we beat a bunch of bum teams
Detroit beat a bunch of “bum“ teams as well, so what’s your point? KC is probably the best win on their schedule, and they were without Chris Jones and Travis Kelce that game.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
If im a Bears fan, im absolutely sick I dont have CJ Stroud right now. Why would I risk passing up on a franchise guy once again for someone that is in year 4 and needs to be given an extension soon

Why?

Its too many variables to make statements like this. Does the Sweat trade also get made? You miss out on Dj Moore, and Darnell Wright.

Stroud is him but IDK why people be like place so and so on this team and they do better. This isnt basketball where one player can shift shyt drastically.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why?

Its too many variables to make statements like this. Does the Sweat trade also get made? You miss out on Dj Moore, and Darnell Wright.

Stroud is him but IDK why people be like place so and so on this team and they do better. This isnt basketball where one player can shift shyt drastically.
And it's tough to say that it we stayed at #1, we would've drafted the guy that majority of experts had as the #2 QB.

Bryce would've been getting mauled with a shytty oline and Darnell Mooney as his #1.

Po pimp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town
Youre misinterpreting my point. Obviously the team is trending upwards, but those wins (one when Fields didnt even play) arent stopping me from taking the top QB prospect in years. Now granted, a dude like Trevor Lawerence hasnt panned out and lived up to the hype, but I would be sick as a Bears fan to pass on a CJ Stroud type of QB.

Keep it a buck, if yall kept #1 pick last year and took Stroud, how much better would you feel about this team with him on a rookie contract?
Stroud with what team? You do realize trading that pick allowed us to get Moore, Darnell Wright (who’s been a good rookie tackle) and Tyrique Stevenson (who’s looking like a future star DB)? And those are just the players from this season. Stroud would’ve been coming into the same shytty situation Fields was in last year.
Yeah I saw that, there might be a bit of a mutiny if they get rid of Fields for a rookie QB.

My thing is, I think you can leverage that #1 pick to fill a ton of spots for your team. If Fields is still the problem, you have a ready made good situation down the road for a young QB to hit the ground running.
That’s how I feel, and hypothetically if 2 years down the line and the Bears don’t feel Fields is that dude, they have another first round pick. Every few years, there’s a “generational” QB anyway :yeshrug: