Keep Justin Fields or draft a new QB?

If you in charge who is the Bears QB in 2024?

• Fields

• Caleb

• Maye

• Penix

• Other prospect

Results are only viewable after voting.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Stroud with what team? You do realize trading that pick allowed us to get Moore, Darnell Wright (who’s been a good rookie tackle) and Tyrique Stevenson (who’s looking like a future star DB)? And those are just the players from this season. Stroud would’ve been coming into the same shytty situation Fields was in last year.

That’s how I feel, and hypothetically if 2 years down the line and the Bears don’t feel Fields is that dude, they have another first round pick. Every few years, there’s a “generational” QB anyway :yeshrug:

Lawrence was posed to be the second coming of Jesus. We see how thats going.

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
We won 3 games last year, a rebuilding year. Your post shows that we beat the teams that we're apparently supposed to beat, which is progress, no?
breh we are supposed to beat Green Bay and we can't do it because our QBs SUCK!
We have been blessed to have the no. 1 pick 2 times in a ROW. if we don't use one of these picks to get a QB we deserve to be sorry with no pro bowl caliber QB for the next 20 years!!!

I'm sick of not being able to throw the forward pass!!! Get a freaking QB that can play!

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lol comparing the Dolphins to the Bears is crazy. The Dolphins dont have questions w their QB’s throwing ability.

I'm not directy comparing the teams. The point is the Bears aren't the only ones beating the bad teams to rack up wins. The Bears are better than the bad teams but not the good teams. They're getting there. It's progress because they were the bad team last season.

MHJ, as great as he is/will be, is not worth passing on a franchise QB. What good will he be if Fields cant get him the ball because of his inconsistency?

Caleb is not a lock to be elite and I don't think his game or body type would be the best fit for Chicago. I don't know enough about Drake Maye or how he'd fit but I'd rather keep Fields than go with an unknown.

They can trade up in next year's draft with all the picks they'll have.

Po pimp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town
breh we are supposed to beat Green Bay and we can't do it because our QBs SUCK!
We have been blessed to have the no. 1 pick 2 times in a ROW. if we don't use one of these picks to get a QB we deserve to be sorry with no pro bowl caliber QB for the next 20 years!!!

I'm sick of not being able to throw the forward pass!!! Get a freaking QB that can play!
Is Williams gonna make the receivers catch the ball? Is he gonna make the O-Line stop making dumb penalties or the center from making bad snaps? Is he gonna make Getsy run plays that aren’t situational? Williams is compared to Mahomes. The REAL Mahomes numbers are down because his receivers can’t catch. Bears have an even worse team overall than KC, yet somehow, Williams will come in and make the team better.

And this is assuming he will even be better than Fields.

Last edited:

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Is Williams gonna make the receivers catch the ball? Is he gonna make the O-Line stop making dumb penalties? Is he gonna make Getsy run plays that aren’t situational? Williams is compared to Mahomes. The REAL Mahomes numbers are down because his receivers can’t catch. Bears have an even worse team overall than KC, yet somehow, Williams will come in and make the team better.

And this is assuming he will even be better than Fields.

I mean lets say hes better than fields. By how much better would he have to be to forego MHJ + robbery haul? lIke top 5 qb in several years type good?

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
Both

I can understand why you would trade him but I still wouldn’t use the first pick for a qb, but trading him probably means the coach not only will lose the team next year but he probably will be fired if the rookie qb doesn’t come out looking like cj stroud

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
Detroit beat a bunch of “bum“ teams as well, so what’s your point? KC is probably the best win on their schedule, and they were without Chris Jones and Travis Kelce that game.
We arent talking about the Lions. And even of we were, Im sure they would take Caleb if they had the #1 overall pick too

Po pimp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town
I mean lets say hes better than fields. By how much better would he have to be to forego MHJ + robbery haul? lIke top 5 qb in several years type good?
He would have to lead this current Bears team to winning the division next season and being MVP within the next 5 years. Crazy thing is if not for a few giveaways, the Bears were very close to being in contention for the division, and those 3 losses were on coaching.

On the flip side, let’s say the Bears trade Fields and draft Williams and the team finishes with an even worse record. Does that mean Caleb was a bust? Everyone keeps saying “at minimum, he’ll be just as productive as Fields.”

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
I'm not directy comparing the teams. The point is the Bears aren't the only ones beating the bad teams to rack up wins. The Bears are better than the bad teams but not the good teams. They're getting there. It's progress because they were the bad team last season.

Caleb is not a lock to be elite and I don't think his game or body type would be the best fit for Chicago. I don't know enough about Drake Maye or how he'd fit but I'd rather keep Fields than go with an unknown.

They can trade up in next year's draft with all the picks they'll have.
You were the ones mentioning their wins as an indictment on the potential of this team going into next year. Im saying that those wins arent impressive enough or move the needle to not draft a QB. If Fields was going out here and throwing for 300 in all those games and anticipating, i would say yea hes developing, lets run it back

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
Why?

Its too many variables to make statements like this. Does the Sweat trade also get made? You miss out on Dj Moore, and Darnell Wright.

Stroud is him but IDK why people be like place so and so on this team and they do better. This isnt basketball where one player can shift shyt drastically.
Breh, all these other nikkas dnt matter if you can get a franchise Quarterback.

The Bears would trade all of them nikkas right now for Stroud if Houston would make that trade.

Having these players without a solid QB wont mean shyt in the long run

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
The smart thing to do is to keep him. Anyone who has watched the Bears knows he hasn’t been the problem. The Bears receiving core last year consisted of Darnell Mooney as the WR1 and a bunch of other no names. Bears defense ranked dead last a season ago and that continued this season up until maybe the 5th game.

Much rather have an improving Fields with Moore and another elite receiver, a shored up offensive line, and help to the defensive line PLUS more draft capital (like a similar haul that we got last season. You draft Williams, you MIGHT get a 2nd rounder for Fields, and then you have the 10th pick in the draft. That isn’t enough to improve the team, and we might get even worse, killing all the momentum. Fan base would turn on Williams (they already think he’s soft and a prima donna) even more than they did with Fields (as most are starting to come around on him). Also, all his teammates love him and he's a leader on this squad. Would Williams command that same respect?

see ya'll keep pointing fingers in directions that deserve it but never really hold Fields accountable. The nikka is in his 3rd year and has never thrown more than 20 td's or post a winning season.

Look what Love is doing his first year starting with a bunch of fukking rookies and injuries. You cant tell me shyt about Fields not having weapons when Love playing with a bunch of 20 year olds. Fields has Moore who is a 1300 yard WR. The problem is Fields sucks at reading defenses and staying in the pocket. nikka runs outside a CLEAN pocket every time i see him play. Then he throws shytty throws with occasional decent ones.

There's so many break down film on Fields that he misses wide open players and chooses to run or take a sack.