Keep Justin Fields or draft a new QB?

If you in charge who is the Bears QB in 2024?

• Fields

• Caleb

• Maye

• Penix

• Other prospect

Results are only viewable after voting.

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I believe they will trade Fields. One reason is because he is not their (management) guy. Justin was there first.

Sure it will piss off a segment of fans, but Caleb is a generational talent.

Fans are already reaching and shytting on Caleb to justify keeping Fields.

Caleb has LOTS of issues with his game. If he is a bust. You set the Bears back a decade. If you surround Fields with talent, which trading the number 1 pick will get you, you can win with Fields.

Caleb could be Bryce Young. And all that running Caleb did in college at his size, will NOT work in the NFL. Fields had the better college career. This Bears team has been shyt, and is starting to get better.

Trade the pick. Take Marvin Harrison Jr, and draft well. You will be a much more talented team. Caleb Williams will not turn the Bears round by himself.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Lol comparing the Dolphins to the Bears is crazy. The Dolphins dont have questions w their QB’s throwing ability.

MHJ, as great as he is/will be, is not worth passing on a franchise QB. What good will he be if Fields cant get him the ball because of his inconsistency?

Tua was looking very very mid until he got the wizkid and Reek. situations matter.

and this isn't to defend fields. he can be better :ehh:

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
MHJ, as great as he is/will be, is not worth passing on a franchise QB. What good will he be if Fields cant get him the ball because of his inconsistency?
As an outsider looking in, that is my question. Why would you take the top WR in the draft if you still have to question if your QB is "good enough" in the 3rd year? Just draft a passing/top QB instead.

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
Caleb has LOTS of issues with his game. If he is a bust. You set the Bears back a decade. If you surround Fields with talent, which trading the number 1 pick will get you, you can win with Fields.

Caleb could be Bryce Young. And all that running Caleb did in college at his size, will NOT work in the NFL. Fields had the better college career. This Bears team has been shyt, and is starting to get better.

Trade the pick. Take Marvin Harrison Jr, and draft well. You will be a much more talented team. Caleb Williams will not turn the Bears round by himself.

breh
The Bears are already set back. It's time for Chicago to get a legit Franchise QB that can throw the forward pass.
I cannot stand losing to Green Bay for another decade because of poor QB play.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wins this season

@ WAS
Vs LV
Vs Car
@ MIN
Vs DET
Vs ARI
Vs ATL

1 team w a winning record. Im not keeping a QB that hasnt shown much because we beat a bunch of bum teams
We won 3 games last year, a rebuilding year. Your post shows that we beat the teams that we're apparently supposed to beat, which is progress, no?

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Lol comparing the Dolphins to the Bears is crazy. The Dolphins dont have questions w their QB’s throwing ability.

Lol go look up Fields stats when throwing to DJ Moore vs his other weapons. :pachaha:If you think MHJ is who everyone thinks he is and you genuinely think Fields won’t be able to get the ball to him consistently, idk what to tell you:dead:. But go look at him numbers when throwing to Moore. I’m pretty sure that won’t even be a factor that comes up for a second for the bears FO

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
Tua was looking very very mid until he got the wizkid and Reek. situations matter.

and this isn't to defend fields. he can be better :ehh:
Dont get me wrong. I fukk w Fields. I wanted the Boys to draft him. Im just saying if im the Bears GM, i want the superior QB on the rookie contract.

Now if my scouting dept doesnt think Caleb’s ceiling is as high as Fields’, im trusting them and unloading the first pick for a ransom

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I agree. You also get to reset with a rookie deal by drafting Caleb Williams. They didn’t pick up Fields 5th year option. Trade him.

This. Also what does Fields even get contract wise. Why would you pay whatever it is, VS just starting the clock with a rookie who is capable of performing on day one. Caleb and Maye can win right now. Especially if Chicago fixes their o-line.

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We won 3 games last year, a rebuilding year. Your post shows that we beat the teams that we're apparently supposed to beat, which is progress, no?

Agreed. I just don't believe Caleb's game will be a game changer for a team without much talent. He's not on the level of Lamar or Mahomes. And he played on a loaded USC team, and still didn't have a better college career than Fields.

I think Caleb has bust potential. You put Fields out there with Moore, Marvin Harrison Jr, and maybe Brock Bowers, you'll have an explosive offense.

To be honest, I wouldn't be shocked if Penix has a better NFL career than Caleb.

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
Youre misinterpreting my point. Obviously the team is trending upwards, but those wins (one when Fields didnt even play) arent stopping me from taking the top QB prospect in years. Now granted, a dude like Trevor Lawerence hasnt panned out and lived up to the hype, but I would be sick as a Bears fan to pass on a CJ Stroud type of QB.

Keep it a buck, if yall kept #1 pick last year and took Stroud, how much better would you feel about this team with him on a rookie contract?

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Youre misinterpreting my point. Obviously the team is trending upwards, but those wins (one when Fields didnt even play) arent stopping me from taking the top QB prospect in years. Now granted, a dude like Trevor Lawerence hasnt panned out and lived up to the hype, but I would be sick as a Bears fan to pass on a CJ Stroud type of QB.

Keep it a buck, if yall kept #1 pick last year and took Stroud, how much better would you feel about this team with him on a rookie contract?

You know what's funny I said last year Stroud would be better than Bryce. Caleb looking like Trevor Lawrence (who like you said, hasn't lived up to the hype.) I don't think Caleb is a better prospect than Lawrence or Fields.

nikkas getting gassed on Caleb's highlights. But if you watch his game, he's turnover prone, holds the ball way too long, and is smaller than Fields.

If Caleb was going to a team like the Vikings or even the Falcons at number 1, I can understand the decision to move on. But Caleb won't be on a loaded team like that, if the Bears draft him.