Keep Justin Fields or draft a new QB?

If you in charge who is the Bears QB in 2024?

• Fields

• Caleb

• Maye

• Penix

• Other prospect

Results are only viewable after voting.

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If another team like The Commanders who haven't had a good QB in almost a decade, want Caleb, they can't afford to call a bluff. because another team might trade with the Bears and jump them.

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
Poles has done a solid job building the team. He's not getting fired if Caleb pans out and the Bears are winning. They have 7 wins now and should be a playoff team next year with their draft capital.

I think Fields body type and ability to run is more built for Chicago weather. Caleb would be a better fit elsewhere.
Wins this season

@ WAS
Vs LV
Vs Car
@ MIN
Vs DET
Vs ARI
Vs ATL

1 team w a winning record. Im not keeping a QB that hasnt shown much because we beat a bunch of bum teams

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Wins this season

@ WAS
Vs LV
Vs Car
@ MIN
Vs DET
Vs ARI
Vs ATL

1 team w a winning record. Im not keeping a QB that hasnt shown much because we beat a bunch of bum teams

I mean true. but you don't think even a middling qb with moore on one side and MHJ on one side can't be at least average :mjlol:

Never mind whatever impact player they also get trading down.

If the defense stays on this level thats all you really need to make the playoffs in the NFC.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
Fields is making like 6 mill next year isn't he? or am I missing something.
That would be his fourth year, and typically fourth year is when qbs on rookie deals get extensions.

I don't think the resetting qb clock is a dumb argument at all. A good Qb on a rookie deal is a huge advantage to a team and opens up a large window of opportunity.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Draft another QB. Remember if you keep Fields you are going to have to pay him at some point. What would he cost 40 to 45 million a year? What has Fields really shown that makes you believe he is a franchsise QB? Trade him for what would probably be a 2nd rounder and maybe a day 3 pick, restart the QB clock with Caleb take the extra picks and invest in receivers and the O-line.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
That would be his fourth year, and typically fourth year is when qbs on rookie deals get extensions.

I don't think the resetting qb clock is a dumb argument at all. A good Qb on a rookie deal is a huge advantage to a team and opens up a large window of opportunity.

thats true but bears got like 100 mill in cap anyway

I really don't care what poles does either way because as much as I like JF it would not be hard to replicate his passing production objectively speaking. Williams is no where near as athletic with the ball though but perhaps we go OL too to address that. JF + MHJ is probably as good as Williams + Nabers/the washington WR anyway.

Bears really can't lose here imo. either option is fine.

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wins this season

@ WAS
Vs LV
Vs Car
@ MIN
Vs DET
Vs ARI
Vs ATL

So do the Dolphins. They only beat 1 winning team.

If they lost those games then what? They won 3 last year so the point is to win more and they did that. They went from one of the worst to middle of the pack. They can take another step next season with the addition of MHJ and the haul trading the first pick brings. Taking Caleb doesn't give you the draft capital or MHJ. Bears need a WR and O line help more than a QB.

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
Wins this season

@ WAS
Vs LV
Vs Car
@ MIN
Vs DET
Vs ARI
Vs ATL

thank you

I've seen enough! get rid of this dude
get some picks and load up in the 2nd rd and go get Jim to be your coach. I'm sick of this losing ish.

khross415

All Star
Daps
the wins they got this year are nothing special i would still move off Fields. Especially if you can have a team who believes in what he did , and you can get a late 1st or early 2nd. the fact he will be up for an extension and you are gonna have to go through the back n forth on what hes worth next year and his value

WesCrook

Veteran
Daps
I believe they will trade Fields. One reason is because he is not their (management) guy. Justin was there first.

Sure it will piss off a segment of fans, but Caleb is a generational talent.

Fans are already reaching and shytting on Caleb to justify keeping Fields.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
thats true but bears got like 100 mill in cap anyway

I really don't care what poles does either way because as much as I like JF it would not be hard to replicate his passing production objectively speaking. Williams is no where near as athletic with the ball though but perhaps we go OL too to address that. JF + MHJ is probably as good as Williams + Nabers/the washington WR anyway.

Bears really can't lose here imo. either option is fine.
Well I just think more emphasis should be placed on Fields having to get paid.

So it's not a "keep Fields vs draft a QB" argument, it's more of a "keep Fields and have to pay him double digit salary yearly" vs a rookie qb salary for four years. Suddenly depending on the money the Bears go from 100m in cap to like anywhere from 75 to 60.

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
So do the Dolphins. They only beat 1 winning team.

If they lost those games then what? They won 3 last year so the point is to win more and they did that. They went from one of the worst to middle of the pack. They can take another step next season with the addition of MHJ and the haul trading the first pick brings. Taking Caleb doesn't give you the draft capital or MHJ. Bears need a WR and O line help more than a QB.
Lol comparing the Dolphins to the Bears is crazy. The Dolphins dont have questions w their QB’s throwing ability.

MHJ, as great as he is/will be, is not worth passing on a franchise QB. What good will he be if Fields cant get him the ball because of his inconsistency?