Keep Justin Fields or draft a new QB?

If you in charge who is the Bears QB in 2024?

• Fields

• Caleb

• Maye

• Penix

• Other prospect

Results are only viewable after voting.

CarolinaKing

The Carolina Blueprint
Daps
Reppin
NC
I’d find another team desperate enough and trade that pick, load up on talent, and have this conversation again next year :yeshrug:

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
I’ve changed my tune to being behind resetting the clock and going for the prospect. Some Bears fan on here and online seem steadfast in their support of JF getting a all star team and finally becoming a middle of the road qb.

If your team was in the bears situation with a gifted 1st are you sticking with your qb or drafting another? I can imagine obviously Bills, Chiefs, Bengals etc arent doing anything. But curious for other teams.

lib123

All Star
Daps
If I was the Bears GM a lot of deciding on keeping or trading the pick would depend on the interview with Caleb.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
I 100% say take Williams and see if you can take a team to the cleaners for Fields and use those picks on OL and/or more offense to build a tough team.

Ya'll are essentially an ~8-win team based on roster talent with a chance to draft a generational/borderline generational talent like you were the worst team in the league.

That's basically like an elite QB prospect going to a great roster situation. Doesn't happen often.

We basically see how costly QB play can sabotage a terrific roster in the play-offs when stakes get high. Get your elite, no-questions-asked QB right now.

Last edited:
Daps
I think my issue is, I think Caleb needs to sit for at least a year. It will benefit him in long run! If I am Bears and he is starting day 1 I think it won't look good or any better than Fields right now. Look at Jordan Love, he is as good as he is because he sat for some years behind Rodgers. More Rookie QB's need this treatment.

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
Marvin Harrison Jr is more of a sure thing

Trade back to 2, pick up an extra first rounder & draft Marvelous

WesCrook

Veteran
Daps
I’ve changed my tune to being behind resetting the clock and going for the prospect. Some Bears fan on here and online seem steadfast in their support of JF getting a all star team and finally becoming a middle of the road qb.

If your team was in the bears situation with a gifted 1st are you sticking with your qb or drafting another? I can imagine obviously Bills, Chiefs, Bengals etc arent doing anything. But curious for other teams.
During the Trubisky era he had put together a few decent games in a short time span......fans were like "He'll be ok"

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY
Caleb will likely be a superstar, but I still say trade him, because you'll have so many assets it would be almost impossible to mess it up.

The Bears could wind up w/ 3 first rounders and 2 second rounders just off Caleb. Let's say Fields still sucks next year, you can simply draft a qb in the 2025 draft. In 2025, the rookie qb will have Moore and one of Nabers/Bowers/Odunse, and Bears should have a ton of cap space. I

Two Stacks

New Orleans Shoe Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans, Louisiana
Serious question: Could Chicago realistically have used the #1 pick and Fields to end up with Marvin Harrison Jr and a good rookie QB?

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
Serious question: Could Chicago realistically have used the #1 pick and Fields to end up with Marvin Harrison Jr and a good rookie QB?
depends on what and who you consider a "good rookie QB"

for a GM, if you have #1 pick and have mediocre QB play, and pass on Caleb...and he becomes really good....your career is over and you will forever be remembered as that guy who passed on a surefire QB1. whereas if Caleb is mediocre you wont really get any fire....as anyone would take Caleb #1 and you live with him being a bust